I told my landlord the house needed some reapirs and she told me I had to move.

BaltimoreLove

formerly peterjamesthe3rd
So I moved into a new place, I paid first, last and security. Ive been here for one month this is starting two now.

The sink in the kitchen became backed up (shared house) So I told her we needed running water. There was also no lights in that same kitchen that worked so i requested at least one that worked. She got really angry with me.
She told me I was causing trouble. I noticed mold growing in the basement as well so I told her if it wasn't stopped it would spread. She told me I had to leave and that she was mailing my security deposit back. Shes trying to pocket my last months rent while giving me no time to leave. Its the 1st of the month and she wants me out now. Can anyone help me? I prayed already ...

Does she have an email? I assume you are in Maryland?

Very tough to evict in most states, email her so you have proof of your requests/complaints. If she continues non-action. Take her to court. You could get your money back. Did you sign a lease? If not? Lesson learned.

Lease is signed for at least 90 days. It says If I leave before 90 days I wont get my deposit back.

If you had signed a lease and it states you accepted it in its current condition there might not be much you could do. If you really want I guess you could stay until she files a notice of eviction.

I didn't noticed the sink wasn't working, or that the kitchen light didnt work because it was day time. Also didn't see that the basement had mold till my friend told me.

Yea like dude above said there are laws to protect you from being evicted. Are you living in MD?

Take her to Judge Faith's fine ***.

You dumb for signing without doing a proper walkthrough. Mold and a backed up sink? You throwing away money.

As everyone else is saying, start looking for a new spot now and dip out after the 90 days.

In the meantime take photos/videos of the issues she's not addressing and save all e-mails/conversations with your landlady. You may not need them in the future, but it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

In the meantime take photos/videos of the issues she's not addressing and save all e-mails/conversations with your landlady. You may not need them in the future, but it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Can't stress this part enough, document everything that's wrong. She'll try and keep your deposit for these problems and blame you.

Look up the rights of tenants in your city before you do anything. Find out how much power you have before you make any moves.

In the future, when you walk through your potential next place, before signing anything, try literally everything. Even bring a phone charger and make sure all the outlets work. That way you can get guarantees that things will be fixed asap.

b6336ad7c45a9ec1a8c37d4f5283e57b--gucci-mane-best-songs.jpg

I didn't noticed the sink wasn't working, or that the kitchen light didnt work because it was day time. Also didn't see that the basement had mold till my friend told me.

Man how did you move in without testing the sink or light switches :lol: that just sounds silly.

Man how did you move in without testing the sink or light switches :lol: that just sounds silly.

He could have tested that the water works, but thats not going to net the result of a backup problem with a 10 sec run test.

OP like they all said, document the issues and start communicating through some form that you can keep proof

Back
Top Bottom