I went to get rid of my high cable bill, what are my alternatives?

I have Comcast, so Internet + Cable+ phone is costing me $200 a month

as far as internet goes, thats needed... but the Cable......I watch maybe 4-5 channels, and i pretty much download everything else.

people have been telling me just get netflix, but I dont have a smart tv nor a Blu ray internet combo..I really dont know how that all works either btw.

NT Fam can you help me out to get rid of this high cable bill
(I may keep their internet though (which is still like $70+)
but keeping my bill to about $100 would be ideal

I have Comcast, so Internet + Cable+ phone is costing me $200 a month

as far as internet goes, thats needed... but the Cable......I watch maybe 4-5 channels, and i pretty much download everything else.

people have been telling me just get netflix, but I dont have a smart tv nor a Blu ray internet combo..I really dont know how that all works either btw.

NT Fam can you help me out to get rid of this high cable bill
(I may keep their internet though (which is still like $70+)
but keeping my bill to about $100 would be ideal

Buy a chromecast - $30

Setup a Plex media server - Free

Use your android or Apple device to cast everything to your TV from your Plex server or related mobile application

Cut the cord fam. Can't be paying all that money to watch advertisements 
mean.gif

Keep the internet and stream your media

I appreciate the fast replies, I'm going to best buy tonight to see about that Ruko and the chromecast

Those the internet hook up to or not?

what about the blu rays with the internet, those will stream netflix or whatever for me (if i chose to do netflix)

Chromecast is really easy to set up and you need internet. I mostly use Netflix or I will use this app called videostream to stream whatever is downloaded from my computer to the TV.

I want to cut cable but that 's the only way I'll be able to watch the Mariners.

I appreciate the fast replies, I'm going to best buy tonight to see about that Ruko and the chromecast

Those the internet hook up to or not?

what about the blu rays with the internet, those will stream netflix or whatever for me (if i chose to do netflix)

Do you have a smartphone?

Don't all these subscriptions add up to what he might be paying now anyway :lol:

doesn't need all of them those are just the options and alternatives he has. if you use amazon a lot to buy stuff, prime is a steal, and netflix is a really good value in its own right.

My sister has her own apartment, she has 2 channels on her t.v, and then has a DVD/CD player with a bunch of OG movies and an IPAD connected to the TV with Netflix.

The future

Brooo i have time warner and paying 86 for internet and cable

Internet about 20 megabit download
And cable gives u standard cable like espn and tnt and stuff

And then for phone is like 30-40 from vonage. U losing brah upgrade

mlb.tv is the mlb package available on your gaming system, computer, phone, etc. you get every game and a choice of which broadcast. I'm not sure if local games would be blacked out but if they are, you can just use a vpn to get around that. i love mlb.tv.

plus you get all the games on demand if u wanna rewatch them. i watched a little of kershaw's no hitter the day after last year.

if you're willing to wait they usually have a deal for fathers day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom