Ice Cube To Start 3 on 3 Basketball League

The Big 3 is such a breath of fresh air man. I was skeptical before the league started but I have made an effort to watch the clips each Saturday morning.

Few notes

1. Dudes from the DC area are doing their thing. David Hawkins, DerMarr Johnson, and James White. Really making me proud

2. Means so much to me to see Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf cookin the way that he has. Dude was one of my favorites growing up and to see him STILL in shape and being able to compete with everyone else that is AT LEAST 10 years his younger, it makes me smile.

3. Something simple as the differentiation in color schemes for each team really give the visual of "every team is different." When watching these highlights, it seems each team has their own identity and again, it makes for good tv

Mahmoud was Steph long before Steph and he's still playing like that, nuts. His last game was good.

This past week was fire. It’s good that it’s on live now..watched most of the games on Friday. Should of just gone to Oracle! Mahmoud looking like Steph out there with a dirty game winner. Almost all the games were close and really good. Nice to see Bdiddy hooping again in Oracle. If Kobe ends up joining this league it’ll really take off.

this was da league cats been dreaming about for years, not surprisesd its its doin da damn thing.

I’m actually surprised how few 4 pointers they take. The math would suggest that it’s way better to shoot that shot.

4 pointers: 100 shots with 25 made = 100 points
3 pointers: 100 shots with 32 made = 96 points
2 pointers: 100 shots with 45 made = 90 points

Pretty sure as this league evolves each team is going to end up recruiting players that can make these 4 pointers and chuck up a lot more of them.

JR Smith can’t wait to retire and play in this league. A team of him and big baby might actually have a chance to be champs at sometin lol.

Also, of actual current NBA player what do you think the best 3 with 2 subs team would be?

AD, Lebron, Curry with Durant and Klay as subs?

I’m actually surprised how few 4 pointers they take. The math would suggest that it’s way better to shoot that shot.

4 pointers: 100 shots with 25 made = 100 points
3 pointers: 100 shots with 32 made = 96 points
2 pointers: 100 shots with 45 made = 90 points

Pretty sure as this league evolves each team is going to end up recruiting players that can make these 4 pointers and chuck up a lot more of them.

JR Smith can’t wait to retire and play in this league. A team of him and big baby might actually have a chance to be champs at sometin lol.

Also, of actual current NBA player what do you think the best 3 with 2 subs team would be?

AD, Lebron, Curry with Durant and Klay as subs?
You say the math would suggest they take more but you neglected to include the shot %'s from 4pt range

I’m not sure what you’re asking lol. Im listing very not good/reasonable percentages and saying it seems to make sense based off that logic to take more 4 pointers. Clearly if they track stats and they make 1/10 4 pointers and 5/10 2 pointers then it’d be a bad strategy...

Definitely been on this last season. Rashard Lewis was on one last season, but Mahmoud this season... *whew*

And watching Nate is never not entertaining.

Big Baby, Birdman... I love it. Not great shooters, but smart, clog the lane, get the shooters more shots.

Amare :wow: :wow: wanted them to pull that out.

Can't imagine that this won't get bigger and bigger. At the end of the day, 100k for a non NBA player for essentially a summer league? Yeah I'm willing to bet that over half of the NBA players now will be in this league once they're done.

Back
Top Bottom