I'd like to thank Hip-Hop for ________ Vol. Bye Bye boo

H-H is a culture that exceeds musical boundaries as it tends to have a general effect on our lives in various ways..... so let's give thanks for what itsgiven us. Fill in your own blanks but uh..

I'd like to thank Hip-Hop for most of the *+*% Plies says to women. Somebody has to be ignorant enough to call it Becky. Now black girlsdon't feel targeted or offended when you broach the subject. And at worse, you can pin any awkwardness back on Plies by blaming the song...

Thank you Hip-Hop... for words like Becky.

That is all.

Chuuch
pimp.gif

To answer your question, I'd like to thank Hip Hop for..everything really. Its has a tremendous impact on my life from enjoying the music, freestyling,popping to the fashion to shoot providing a venue for Black people to express themselves, their culture, and spirituality. I hope that made sense.

as funny as it sounds, i'd like to thank hip hop for introducing me to a host of other genres. Sampling is such a beautiful thing.

Originally Posted by derventa

For getting me into marijuana. Real talk.
eyes.gif

pimp.gif
I'd like to thank hip-hop for influencing me to drink a whole bottle of Alize at 14 years old and throwing up "thug passion" allover the bathroom.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

as funny as it sounds, i'd like to thank hip hop for introducing me to a host of other genres. Sampling is such a beautiful thing.
For me not so much other genres cause I've always been into a variety, but a bunch of older songs before my time that I've gone back andlistened to and liked/enjoyed.

My cousin (now deceased, RIP) gave me a Run-DMC album in 6th grade. This really brought me into a whole world of musicality that went beyond convention. Thecreativity and passion involved in hip-hop struck a chord with me, and I continue to enjoy rappers and producers that are genuine, brilliant, and/or incrediblymusical.

http://www.youtube.com/v/0xMJZHrG_94&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/0xMJZHrG_94&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

dumbing down society
Unfortunately I agree with this to some extent... the bottom tier of mainstream hip-hop is like a plague.

I'd like to thank old school hip hop for having some serious quotes to live by. Most of it being Nas'.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

So true
pimp.gif

Maybe hip hop plays too large a role in my life, but thank you for keeping me alive. A lot of times all I have is music...

for being a 2nd father. I always knew what to extract and not to extract. songs like I'll Do Anything by Jay-Z resonated with me as a kid.

Originally Posted by NYMVP

for being a 2nd father. I always knew what to extract and not to extract. songs like I'll Do Anything by Jay-Z resonated with me as a kid.
Word, and I HAVE a stand up pops too..

I would like the thank hip hop for greats like Big Pun being able to have a
platform to showcase their talent.

Back
Top Bottom