Ideas for Valentine's Day Ggfts for your girl

Originally Posted by PR SUPERMAN 247

No offense to anyone, but unless I put a ring on the girl's finger, I won't spend so much money on her. Don't get me wrong because I'm not cheap, but some people just OD. Personally I never get a girl used to me spending loads on stuff like gucci and Tiffany. For one, that means I will have to spend a lot on every little holiday and if we break up, I'm going to be pissed about all the money I wasted. Plus, I won't allow myself to be another NT'er on here asking for how to get over a girl LOL
In a way, I agree with you. Personally, I think Valentine's Day is stupid. Why do we need a specific day to tell our girls that we love her orthat we care for her? That can be said/done any other day.

BUT!.....

Since girls LOVE this day, you should go with the flow. No one ever said that Valentine's Day is about LV, Tiff, Prada, etc. It's the little thingsthat drive them nuts. A girl would prefer a card with a teddy bear instead of a bag (on this day only
laugh.gif
) . Get your girl some flowers or something. This is the day where you show herthat you listen to her. Do the little things that she's mentioned that she would love to do.

And seriously, if you're with your girl now, there's no need to think about the money "wasted" if you guys were to ever break up. There'sno need for that. Cause at the moment, it wasn't money wasted.

Sincerely,

Cupid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

This is my plan:

- Have a boutique of her favorite roses delivered to her at home. (I will also send her flowers to her school on the 13th)
- Personalized M & M's with our favorite sayings.
- Catch something to eat at a nice restaurant.
- Wear her favorite Shirt/Jeans/Shoes.
- Chocolate covered Strawberries.
- Last but not least, a card.
Do not waste ur money on those Personalized M & M's..i did this last year thinkin it was a great idea..but she didn't really like itso much..so this year i have learned from my mistakes..but maybe ur girl is different..my girl said she liked it..but i didn't see the "wow"factor at all..

Originally Posted by Nawth21

I'd rather have a bag

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're not helping me out here. I said for this day, and this day ONLY. I mean, of course girls would want a bag, but honestly, anyone can go to the LVstore and buy a bag for you. Not every guy can make a nice card/letter that shows his real side.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

This is my plan:

- Have a boutique of her favorite roses delivered to her at home. (I will also send her flowers to her school on the 13th)
Do not waste ur money on those Personalized M & M's..i did this last year thinkin it was a great idea..but she didn't really like it so much..so this year i have learned from my mistakes..but maybe ur girl is different..my girl said she liked it..but i didn't see the "wow" factor at all..
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Making me restructure my blueprint now. But what was so bad about it? They come out ugly, pictures look bad, etc?

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Like I say every year. Anything in these colored boxes is good enough.
Well hell, my girl name ain't Tiffany so them boxes ain't for her. She better have another thought coming shiiiiii.....I mean shoot.....
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Ima use that.

Well see, I get that sweet stuff all the time from the hubs.
pimp.gif
Oh, I see now. So you got lucky.

I'm the same way, but I'll throw in the "luxury" item once in a while. But I STAY spoiling with flowers, cards, diners, balloons, etc. Allthe time.

P.S. We need more girls to come in here and give their own input on what girls like on this day. Besides the bags and diamonds, please
laugh.gif

This is my plan:

Do not waste ur money on those Personalized M & M's..i did this last year thinkin it was a great idea..but she didn't really like it so much..so this year i have learned from my mistakes..but maybe ur girl is different..my girl said she liked it..but i didn't see the "wow" factor at all..
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Making me restructure my blueprint now. But what was so bad about it? They come out ugly, pictures look bad, etc?
I mean there okay..but for the money you spend..this is what i did last year with those Personalized M&M's..i bought a mug set withseveral different packages of M&M's..with the mug however..you could write on it..so i was thinkin wow that's perfect i could write somethin sweetand lovey n all that..but when i got the M&M's and looked at 'em..just ordinary M&M's..some of the pictures look bad on 'em..someokay..but i would not waste another 60 bucks for those..and you end up eatin them anyway
laugh.gif
..i don't even think we saved one package from last year..so this year I amscratchin every idea that will seem great but is corny in order to gain that "WOW" factor..

Not tryna rain on ur parade at all homie..just a word to the wise..

Here's another idea for you true love birds.

Buy your girl 11 red roses, and 1 fake 1. In a letter (or with your own words) tell her that your love for her will end when ALL the roses die. Obviously 1 will never die. She'll go nuts.
eek.gif
....my damn fellow yankee fan came through....genius
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Im taking my girl to Myrtle Beach for the weekend....not gonna tell her and Im gonna pack her clothes and @$+# and pick her up from work on Friday and justdrive straight down there
pimp.gif

Well see, I get that sweet stuff all the time from the hubs.
pimp.gif
Oh, I see now. So you got lucky.

I'm the same way, but I'll throw in the "luxury" item once in a while. But I STAY spoiling with flowers, cards, diners, balloons, etc. All the time.

P.S. We need more girls to come in here and give their own input on what girls like on this day. Besides the bags and diamonds, please
laugh.gif
Well. I am anti jewelry, flowers and candy. I'm a fan of functional gifts (got a camera last year) or something that I've beeneyeballing for awhile. honestly though, we don't put much thought into V day.

I mean there okay..but for the money you spend..this is what i did last year with those Personalized M&M's..i bought a mug set with several different packages of M&M's..with the mug however..you could write on it..so i was thinkin wow that's perfect i could write somethin sweet and lovey n all that..but when i got the M&M's and looked at 'em..just ordinary M&M's..some of the pictures look bad on 'em..some okay..but i would not waste another 60 bucks for those..and you end up eatin them anyway
laugh.gif
..i don't even think we saved one package from last year..so this year I am scratchin every idea that will seem great but is corny in order to gain that "WOW" factor..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, it's back to the lab again for me. Cause this was my idea. On the M&M's you could put a picture and 2 lines of messages. So I was thinkingof putting our picture, our date, and a saying. But now idk. Do you have any pics of them from last year?

Originally Posted by jrp44

Buy your girl 11 red roses, and 1 fake 1. In a letter (or with your own words) tell her that your love for her will end when ALL the roses die. Obviously 1 will never die. She'll go nuts.
eek.gif
....my damn fellow yankee fan came through....genius
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Im taking my girl to Myrtle Beach for the weekend....not gonna tell her and Im gonna pack her clothes and @$+# and pick her up from work on Friday and just drive straight down there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
You know how it is. Clutchness. Just like A....wait...err, Jeet.

Isn't that why we're a team anyways? We help each other out, right?

Well. I am anti jewelry, flowers and candy. I'm a fan of functional gifts (got a camera last year) or something that I've been eyeballing for awhile. honestly though, we don't put much thought into V day.

Your man is one lucky man. I haven't met many girls that don't put much thought into Valentine's day. That's the way it should be though.

I mean there okay..but for the money you spend..this is what i did last year with those Personalized M&M's..i bought a mug set with several different packages of M&M's..with the mug however..you could write on it..so i was thinkin wow that's perfect i could write somethin sweet and lovey n all that..but when i got the M&M's and looked at 'em..just ordinary M&M's..some of the pictures look bad on 'em..some okay..but i would not waste another 60 bucks for those..and you end up eatin them anyway
laugh.gif
..i don't even think we saved one package from last year..so this year I am scratchin every idea that will seem great but is corny in order to gain that "WOW" factor..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, it's back to the lab again for me. Cause this was my idea. On the M&M's you could put a picture and 2 lines of messages. So I was thinking of putting our picture, our date, and a saying. But now idk. Do you have any pics of them from last year?
I wouldn't suggest putting a picture..the picture will look distorted
laugh.gif
..and no i do not have any pics of them from last year..sorryman..this weekend i'll take a pic of the mug that came with it..haha..

Oh and another idea i have come up with..this is really neat if i do say so myself..there is a way to put a picture into a puzzle creator..and then it comes in100 pieces-1000 pieces..so she really doesn't know what it is until it's all created..however you need a recent photo..i'm thinkin of doin that..ialmost did it for christmas one year..but they said my photo was too big for the puzzle creator..i know it's a corny idea..but that could have a wow factor*on second thought maybe not
embarassed.gif
* i suck..
laugh.gif

Well. I am anti jewelry, flowers and candy. I'm a fan of functional gifts (got a camera last year) or something that I've been eyeballing for awhile. honestly though, we don't put much thought into V day.

Your man is one lucky man. I haven't met many girls that don't put much thought into Valentine's day. That's the way it should be though.
Yeah Im pretty lucky too....my gf said she wanted to just go out on friday and maybe on saturday watch the dunk contest in 3D (they showing ithere at one of the theaters)....but I figured I would surprise her since she has been working her %$$ off

I'd rather have a bag

laugh.gif
Meeeeeee too. That or shoes! That rose thing just sounds soooo corny to me. Maybe too high schoolish.

Anyway anything thoughtful is appreciated. Doesn't matter how much, just as long as it means something.

Ohh I've been eyeballing a pair of Chie Miharas but I figured I'd do my shoe shopping out in Vegas

The thing is, if I see something I want.. I buy it. I feel weird accepting gifts anyways

Originally Posted by West2East

Meeeeeee too. That or shoes! That rose thing just sounds soooo corny to me. Maybe too high schoolish.

Anyway anything thoughtful is appreciated. Doesn't matter how much, just as long as it means something.
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

So now that I got a girl's opinion on it, it sounds bad now.

What makes it so corny? Too tacky?

I wouldn't suggest putting a picture..the picture will look distorted
laugh.gif
..and no i do not have any pics of them from last year..sorry man..this weekend i'll take a pic of the mug that came with it..haha..

Oh and another idea i have come up with..this is really neat if i do say so myself..there is a way to put a picture into a puzzle creator..and then it comes in 100 pieces-1000 pieces..so she really doesn't know what it is until it's all created..however you need a recent photo..i'm thinkin of doin that..i almost did it for christmas one year..but they said my photo was too big for the puzzle creator..i know it's a corny idea..but that could have a wow factor *on second thought maybe not
embarassed.gif
* i suck..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Na bro. That's actually a great idea.

Another idea I just got was to make a Calender with pictures of us together.

Honestly it sounds like the idea came from MSN's list of things to do for Valentines Day, or something a long those lines. It's like... a pick up line,but for presents
laugh.gif

This V-Day I decided to go all out and this is why...

1. My girl has been there for me for almost 7 years and I knew that she was the one on the 5th year but what really made me realized how special she is waswhen my mom passed away and I saw how she took care of me and made me happy!

So....

I decided to take her to NYC (we are from SF) and we have never been to NYC and I am pretty much going all out.

1. On Fri the 13th I have set up a day in which we will be super busy. Carriage ride, really nice restaurant, little shopping and pampering and eventually asuper nice dinner at about 9pm. I want to kill some time before heading to the Empire State Building and I am going to propose to her at the top of the ESBwhen it is 12am. I felt like if I waited to the 14th she would expect it more versus doing it super late night/early morning.

2. then on the 14th i have everything planned for the morning and afternoon and then I am going to surprise her with her dream. She is the biggest LittleMermaid Fan since it was the first movie she saw when she was a little girl so I bought some Little Mermaid Broadway tickets which cost over $300 since I gotthe first row on the second level of the auditorium which is a perfect view.

3. I'm going to go all out this V-day because my girl deserves and I am super excited that I am going to propose to her and I know she has been waitingyears for me to do it.

4. the only thing that makes me sad is I wish I could of told my mom what I was going to do and ask for my mom's blessing even though my mom told me shewanted me to marry my girl 2 days before she passed away.

5. Just a side note if you are ever going to propose to your girl make sure you ask her parents for their blessing. My girl is Filipina and I am Salvadoran sofor the last 7 years I learned a lot about their culture and I respect and love her mom and family a lot. I talked to her mom and asked her if it was okay forme to propose to her daughter and if I had her blessing and we had a long chat about it. Man her mom was so happy for us and REALLY happy that I talked to herfirst. She knows my plans and is excited for her daughter!

I hope everyone has a wonderful V-Day!

Oh yeah that one idea that someone mentioned about the 11 roses and 1 fake 1 is a super genius idea and I'm sorry I might have to use it!

Exactly me. Never been spoiled so I find it hard to pass up getting things I can get for myself.

We had a gift exchange at work nothing big just under $20 bucks but we had to make a little wish list. It was sooo difficult. I really struggled writing downideas that I hadn't already purchased for myself. I wrote down my 3 wishes and then I ended up buying myself 2 of the items off of the list anyway
embarassed.gif
.Turned out for the better because she lost my list anyway and came up with an idea from scratch. I woulda been upset if I had passed up the good deals I foundon them thinking she would get them for me.
laugh.gif

Ideal gifts for me are trying or exploring new things. Don't even have to buy me anything. Just make memories! Oh and Congrats Nawth!

Honestly it sounds like the idea came from MSN's list of things to do for Valentines Day, or something a long those lines. It's like... a pick up line, but for presents
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, you girls have shot my heart down. No pun intended.

I guess I gotta go re-think some things. So can you give me ideas?
wink.gif

laugh.gif

im sorry bro but that's corny. as is the M&M thing. just giving you a girls point of view.

Back
Top Bottom