If Bosh is considered a HOFer why aren’t Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer?

The purpose of my thread is not to debate the legitimacy of Chris Bosh as a HOF. I don’t believe he is a HOFer but I believe he will get in (playing with LBJ & Wade in a large market with a chance to win multiple rings etc). You are not a HOFer in my book if you only make the playoffs 1 time in 7 years when you are clearly the best player. Assuming Bosh gets inducted a strong claim can be made that Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer are HOFers too.

All three players have nearly identical numbers and all three have pretty had the same impact on their team’s success. Neither of them as the best player can lead a team to a deep postseason run.

Elton Brand was/is the best but least talked about dominant player over the last 10-15 years. This guy avg 20 & 10 his first 8 years in NBA and nobody talks about him. NOBODY THIS SEASON AVG 20 & 10 and he did it his first 8 seasons. I know he lacks personality but his game speaks for itself. Even his worst years as a pro he avg 14 & 8.

Bulls fans give Boozer Hell most of the time but avg 17 & 10 for a career is nothing to sneeze at. I definitely believe if Boozer would have re-uped with Cleveland and played with Lebron once he became “Lebron” our perception of him would be drastically different.

We all have the stats & have watched all 3 of them play for most if not all of their pro careers. So if Bosh is considered a HOFer shouldn’t Brand & Boozer be considered also?

The whole premise of this thread hurts my head.

Have this conversation IF he makes it to the HOF. I don't think he is widely considered a HOFer at all.

Not to mention on top of all those 20 & 10 seasons Elton Brand posted... he's a GREAT defensive player. FYI I'm not much for rounding up from 18.2 and calling a guy a 20/10 player for eight straight seasons, but I see your point.

Why I reside in Bosh's corner -- he went to the Heat mid-prime, he definitely had a higher peak than Brand, and STILL averaged damn near 19 points on a team as a third option. :wow: 7 of those 8 seasons you brought up as Brand's 20/10 years were obviously all as the first option, and they were like 20.0, 20.0, 20.5, 18.5... only two PPG away from Bosh's third option stats.

Last edited:
I don't see Bosh as a HOF'er, even if he gets more rings. Brand definitely dominated in the league for awhile though. Nobody really talks about it anymore because he hasn't had a big impact as a player for a couple years, but what he did for the first half of his career on both ends of the floor :x :x

Bosh is not a hall of famer...  Neither are Elton Brand or Carlos Boozer. 

I don't think any of the aforementioned players are HOF worthy. Boozer definitely not. LMAO. But I thought Chris Webber was a beast back then and I know there isn't a whole lot of consensus on him, so if he doesn't make it, none of these guys deserve it. 

EB was such a beast man. Once he honed that jumper he was a complete animal.

I remember he & Baron were supposed to team up. But after he ruptured that achilles he wasn't the same dude anymore. Not even close. What could have been :smh:

Hopefully Bean makes a better recovery.

I don't think any of the aforementioned players are HOF worthy. Boozer definitely not. LMAO. But I thought Chris Webber was a beast back then and I know there isn't a whole lot of consensus on him, so if he doesn't make it, none of these guys deserve it. 

cwebb was one of the most underachieving guys ever. props for turning the kings franchise around but he was so frustrating to watch. shrank in crunch time and always settled for the jumper when he was talented enough to play in the paint. had a good 4-5 yr stretch, but those injuries basically ended his career as he was never the same.

chris bosh is gonna rack up all star gms, but i wanna see him finish on some all nba teams before i would put him in.

end of the day, almost everyone gets in the basketball HOF :lol:

When reggie miller made the HOF it dropped standards for making the HOF

With that said since Reggie got in Bosh will def be in

Your whole premise is flawed - sure, if Bosh gets in then you could make an argument that Boozer and Brand should. But, it's moot because Bosh isn't getting in.

It's not the Hall of Quite Good.

How is Bosh a HOFer when people at ESPN are comparing him to Horce Grant. Saying there not much different from each other.

I hate Reggie, but I don't think he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF--his numbers on their face aren't really up to par with other HOF-ers, but his memorable postseason performances, his three-point shooting and his relevance in NBA for like 8-10 years probably during the 90's pushes him in.

Neither Bosh, Boozer and Brand deserve to be in there though.

Last edited:
Your whole premise is flawed - sure, if Bosh gets in then you could make an argument that Boozer and Brand should. But, it's moot because Bosh isn't getting in.

Yeah. Not sure how to approach this thread so I'll let it be. Pretty much a Player A vs. B vs. C thread when it boils down to it.

It's not the Hall of Quite Good.
"If Sanchez is considered a HOFer why aren't Fitzpatrick and Shane Falco?"

1. Boozer is a horrible defensive player.

2. Elton Brand was always injured.

Bosh is and always been better than both of them.

When reggie miller made the HOF it dropped standards for making the HOF

Maybe the greatest clutch shooter in league history.  Probably best 3-point shooter ever during the era in which he played.  Forever the face of the Indiana Pacers franchise.  Yes, Reggie Miller is a hall of famer.

Reggie deserved to get in the HOF, imo. He was one of the best 3 point shooters ever & his playoff performances were huge... One of the best clutch performers ever too.

Back
Top Bottom