If Getting Buff Is Mostly About Diet....

Originally Posted by natelav129

I wish I went to jail and got all swole.....
ohwell.gif
swole or swollen?

wink.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

In the words of Ronnie Coleman:

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-%@! weights.
HEY BUDDY!
/thread

Originally Posted by WaitWut

laugh.gif
who said getting buff is mostly about diet?
thats not even half the battle

lift heavy and take a multi cuz

EVERYBODY SAYS THAT. I hear all the time on the bodybuilding forums that you can lift all you want, but if your diet isn't right, youre not gonna get anywhere.

Originally Posted by mustbefire

Regardless of what you eat, your gonna get swole if you workout for more than 4 hours a day.
Pretty much. It's like Biggest Loser those contestants workout like 6 hours a day while on the show.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

laugh.gif

EVERYBODY SAYS THAT. I hear all the time on the bodybuilding forums that you can lift all you want, but if your diet isn't right, youre not gonna get anywhere.
This is true. Genetics also play a huge role. 

Regardless of what you eat, your gonna get swole if you workout for more than 4 hours a day.

well if your working out 4 hours a day then you need to reevaluate your life.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

well if you're in prison i'd assume that goes without saying.

well if your working out  4 8 hours a day then you need to reevaluate your life.
tired.gif

i wish i could work out 4 hrs a day even though thats OD. 1 hr to lift and 3 to play ball would be the life.

Their diet, although minimal, is a regime. It is strict in all senses as in no snacking between meals except some days when there are cookies and whatever. But other wise it does provide sufficient means to develop your body.

Originally Posted by third world wonder

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

well if your working out  4 8 hours a day then you need to reevaluate your life.
tired.gif

i wish i could work out 4 hrs a day even though thats OD. 1 hr to lift and 3 to play ball would be the life.

While I was unemployed I would spend 3+ hours in the gym regularly, it was amazing

But if your diets not right then it takes far longer to see results. I doubt the prison food has macronutrients accounted for - I've known people that went to jail and they say the food they get is awful, left over chicken tendons and %*!%
sick.gif

I also won't be surprised if there was steroid use in some cases...

Due to the possibility of inmate on inmate rape, prisoner's bodies actually develop muscles twice as fast as people who aren't incarcerated. Some kind of defense mechanism. I wrote a paper on this last semester.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Due to the possibility of inmate on inmate rape, prisoner's bodies actually develop muscles twice as fast as people who aren't incarcerated. Some kind of defense mechanism. I wrote a paper on this last semester.
Interdasting.....is it solely due to the possibility of rape though? Perhaps there were some other environmental/psychological catalysts? 

extremely interesting...if you still have a copy of that, i would love to read it...

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

ice+cube+st.+ides+doughboy.jpg

"Pumping iron and eating, man."

pimp.gif

DOugh: And readin..........and writin my girl

Monster: Writin?

Dough: Yea fool, I ain't no cirminal. I can real.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by ksteezy

My boy got locked up at 17, came out at like 20, he had a boys body, came out looking like a 30 year old massive goon, not really cut, but he was big, what he did have we the regimen to work out, son now looks like a Greek sculpture, he has muscle definition in his face...true story.

but did you hit it?
roll.gif

laugh.gif

cuz it's true. a caloric surplus +  getting enough protein + fish oil is the key

cause they get "extra" protein. nomsayin.

thats cool they have their calories counted. their eating better than the avg person.

genetics play a role too.

Originally Posted by third world wonder

roll.gif

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

laugh.gif

cuz it's true. a caloric surplus +  getting enough protein + fish oil is the key
...but inmates ain't got none of that 
laugh.gif

you see the difference of "facts" going on in this thread??? 

Can you post the paper? Or sources? I tried google... found nothing even remotely related to the topic.

I'm pretty sure many professional and amateur athletes work out more than 4 hours a day. My boy who is a professional boxer workouts 3 times a day and that adds up to like 6 hours.

Back
Top Bottom