If Rudy Gay becomes a superstar...

How will he get marketed with the name he has. Would people buy his jersey? The man has perennial all-star written all over him. But i was wondering what youguys think.

that's a really random question, but i think this is why they need to give him a good nickname, so they can market him off of that. how bout Rudy"nh" Gay?

well the good thing is they dont have to worry about it because he wont become one

cosign

How will he get marketed with the name he has.

wth is that supposed to mean?

that's his given last name...what is he supposed to do add an "e" for sake of "confusion"...

grow up.

Maybe they can market him to mature people.

He's never becoming a superstar either, he'll never be a first option.

Originally Posted by SocalxBucks

the word "superstar" is getting out of hand.
Superstars are Shaq, Kobe and Yao.
Yao is popular and all but he is not a superstar. But yeah I doubt the kid becomes a SUPERSTAR. If he is to be marketed, I don't think using Gay isthat big of a deal.

i was being sarcastic dyyhard. obviously who cares what the last name is

no i was agreeing with you on that point. the second quote was from johndaeyun and i was addressing his comment....ill edit it to be more clear.
laugh.gif

i can only see him getting as 'big' as say, michael redd.

good player, maybe #1 option on his team, nba fans will know who he is, but by no means will he be a nationwide icon.

Rudy Gay was my fav player when he was at UConn . im happy for him that he's starting to get recognition as one ofthe better players in the league

^ how is Yao not a star. your a bum.

anyway if Rudy Gay is a superstar, Duke will be on everyone's radar.

anyone who wouldn't buy a jersey just because his name is "Gay" is ridiculous
you're right. but most of the things people say, do, buy are ridiculous. i can easily see his jersey sells suffer cuz most people under 25probably don't want to wear a "Gay" jersey.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

^ how is Yao not a star. your a bum.

anyway if Rudy Gay is a superstar, Duke will be on everyone's radar.
There is a BIG difference between a star and a superstar. Yao has not lead his team anywhere in the playoffs.

the question should not read IF rudy gay becomes a superstar...but WHEN rudy gay becomes a superstar...

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

the question should not read IF rudy gay becomes a superstar...but WHEN rudy gay becomes a superstar...
Not while he is in Memphis
eyes.gif

after he took the time to make up a dumb nickname for each team, i propose that S&T gets together a collection to buy zo dogg that jersey.

if we each throw in a nickel or a dime, i'm pretty sure we could get him one.

smokin.gif

Superstar? I don't know about that. I mean, there is a difference between all star and superstar. Kobe is a superstar. LeBron is a superstar. Shawn Marion,he's an all star. I don't see Rudy gay ever getting to Kobe/LeBron status.

Back
Top Bottom