If The Laney Vs were released today and never before...

I understand where you are coming from, but I have to disagree for these reasons:

1. The Laneys are based Jordan's High School Colors

2. They are a white based sneaker

3. The quality is up to par with the rest of 99-01 retros.

Also, I agree with whoever said the Stealths are just as good of a colorway. I like the stealth V's. The only reason I didn't pick up a pair is becauseI have a pair of Laneys and they are similar colorways.

They wouldn't be completely hated on because they are designated as his high school colorway (with the retro card and what not). They do have the samecolors as DTRT, but the placement is better IMO (even thought I know there isn't a DTRT 5 to compare them with).

i dont know about you guys but the Laneys sat on the shelves for a while near me, and eventually went on sale.

they would have still sold well. 23 on the side =
happy.gif

I hated them when they released and would also pass on them now. However the kids would eat these up.
most of us "young kids" are into buying shoes like the V`s because they`re one of the best jordans created...most older guys who have been collecting since the `80`s,

yall arent gonna buy a shoe with an ugly colorway,

us "young kids",

are gonna buy anything with the word "retro" on the box tag
Sad but true.
ohwell.gif

The Laneys and DTRT colors are different. The blues are of a different tint, shade, pigment, whatever. All DTRT modles are ugly and beat.

I like em, because I think blue and yellow go together. I was really feeling the spizkes dtrt because soo many dtrt colorways were coming out. Plus the 5 areoverall a better shoe than the spizikes. Laney>Green Bean>royal>olive>maroon

I worked at an Athlete's foot when they came out and they sat on the shelf. Marked them down to 59 before they would even sell.

As has been said, they didn't do well. A few others have mentioned that too, but in the late 90s, about 99% of Jordans went on clearance before they soldout. The retro 1s were at my finishline for $49 before they finally sold out, and now, people scramble to get them. It's all about the hype, not aboutpassion.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

perfect example of this NT usually hates retro+ shoes but when they saw black and green VIII's on ray allen everyone says they should have released those if they released NT would flame it.

Exactly. People beasting over a black/green shoe knowing damn well if they released to the public, they would be quick toflame them.

As for the topic at hand, I appreciate the Laney Vs because they were my HScolors plus I love the Vs. They look clean and not overly done. I was one of the few to pick these up for $50. Still surprises me seeing these go for $200+ asno one was even checking for them for $50.

i never liked them.

but i'd like to see stephen jackson break out a pair.

i wonder what size he is.. josiah, hook it up!

pimp.gif
laneys have allways been one of my favortie 5's next too black nchromes..i think if anything theres a chanCe they couldve sold better if thet were released now instead of in the past
nerd.gif

I didn't like them back then when they released, but I like 'em now... Especially if you have some nice matching jersey or at least a t-shirt with'em on!
smile.gif

I ordered the Laneys from Eastbay on release day and was really into them at the time, but I recently sold them - after wearing them at least 50 times - for$180. After the #23 came out, I just didn't like them as much.

They were and still are a crappy colorway, IMO!!! The only Laney item I like are the Jersey's.. Now those are hot!!!

People really don't like this colorway? Sheesh, when I started to get into shoes, I remember browsing air-jordans.com and saying to myself I will get apair of Laney's because I thought they were awesome.

I do agree that it would be hated on if the shoe was released today but on the other hand, its a clean looking shoe simply because the blue and yellow are doneright.

what interests me more is the grapes...they couldn't pay people to buy these back in the day they sat on the shelves for YEARS...but when they re-releasedpeople were camping outside and they're still going for $200+
amazing.

^ thats how alot of shoes are....i bet you anything that the spizikes are gonna be like that too if they were to retro years from now...

Back
Top Bottom