if these three NBA players retired today, who should..

AI, Kidd, Payton

However... GP in his prime>>J-Kidd. Kidd wins overall though because he's getting old and still doin it, where as GP got in his mid 30's and fellthe *##* off
laugh.gif

But GP in his prime was better than Kidd in his. WAY better scorer, way better defender, and a great passer.

However... GP in his prime>>J-Kidd. Kidd wins overall though because he's getting old and still doin it, where as GP got in his mid 30's and fell the *##* off

that's pretty unfair IMO. Jason Kidd is 34. When GP was 34, he averaged 21 ppg, 9 apg, 5 rpg, and 1.8 spg. Let's see how Kidd holds up in the next fewyears before you make comments like that.
smile.gif

Holden, what your missing in that assesment is the Olympic level, which SKA touched on. I mean, its not just NBA that is considered. You have to look atKidd's effect on USA Basketball. Dude is undefeated. Not just a few games, but a freakin 52-0. That stat is darn near unheard of.

Good assessment tho, thanks for posting stats.

1. JKidd
2. AI or GP. I can't make up my mind

To me, if it wasn't for GP, the Heat wouldn't have won the championship two years ago with three game winners. But JKidd is close to having a careeraverage of a triple double, so I say JKidd first.

that's pretty unfair IMO. Jason Kidd is 34. When GP was 34, he averaged 21 ppg, 9 apg, 5 rpg, and 1.8 spg. Let's see how Kidd holds up in the next few years before you make comments like that.
smile.gif

You're actually right
ohwell.gif

I mean in my mind GP is better than Kidd has ever been anyway. But once he joined the Lakers... that was the beginning of the end. Dude was killin it stillwith the Bucks that year, then he went to the Lakeshow and his production cut in half
tired.gif
. I knew right when that happened it was the beginning of the end.

But he was defintely a more well rounded player than Kidd. I just think Kidd has several more years at this level which will in the future push him over thetop.

All Rookie Team
Payton- All NBA Rookie SECOND Team (1990-1991)
Kidd- All NBA Rookie FIRST Team (1994-1995)
Payton- All NBA Rookie FIRST Team (1996-1997)

All NBA Defense Team
Payton- 9 time All NBA Defense FIRST Team member
Kidd- 4 time All NBA Defense FIRST Team member; 5 time SECOND Team member
Iverson- never a FIRST Team member or a SECOND Team member

All NBA Team
Payton- 2 time All NBA FIRST Team member; 5 time SECOND Team member; 2 time THIRD Team Member
Kidd- 5 time All NBA FIRST Team member; 1 time SECOND Team member
Iverson- 3 time All NBA FIRST Team member; 3 time SECOND Team member; 1 time THIRD Team Member

Steals
Payton- finished 1st in steals once; finished 2nd in steals once; finished 3rd three times; #3 on the All-Time Steals list
Kidd- finished 1st in steals once; never 2nd; finished 3rd once; #12 on the All-Time Steals list
Iverson- finished 1st in steals twice; finished 2nd in steals once; finished 3rd once; #15 on the All-Time Steals list

Assists (isn't this what a PG is supposed to be doing, for the most part?
nerd.gif
)
Payton- finished 1st in assists once; finished 2nd in assists once; finished 3rd two times; #7 on the All-Time Assists list
Kidd- finished 1st in assists three times; finished 2nd in assists twice; finished 3rd four times; #5 on the All-Time Assists list
Iverson- finished 1st in assists never; finished 2nd in assists never; finished 3rd once; #48 on the All-Time Assists list

Assists per game
Payton- finished 1st in APG never; finished 2nd in APG never; finished 3rd two times; #27 on the All-Time APG list
Kidd- finished 1st in APG five times; finished 2nd in APG three times; finished 3rd three times; #5 on the All-Time APG list
Iverson- never finished higher than #5 in APG; #41 on the All-Time APG list

Back
Top Bottom