If you could only listen to 3 songs for the rest of your life...

What would they be, and why?

Mine:

1. Jimi Hendrix - "Machine Gun". To me no other song expresses such strong emotion strictly throughguitar playing.

2. Tool - "Parabol/Parabola". Technically it's two songs but I've never heard a such abeautiful melody and hard rock riff be spawned out of the same chord progression. On top of that, these lyrics and vocals are some of the most inspiringI've ever heard.

3. Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here". This is my all time favorite acousticguitar riff and I think the meaning behind it is what keeps it from getting old. Everyone, including me, has someone that they've lost in one way oranother so I think it hits home.

Post yours, and please post the reasons. It's more interesting that way.

- Tical.

1. RHCP - Under the Bridge....my favorite song of all time. Storytelling at it's finest. Anthony Kedis paints a great picture of everything he wentthrough. Does anyone think that this could be one of the BEST songs ever written?

2. Mos Def - Umi Says....beautiful song...passionate lyrics by Mos, and if you ever got good advice from an elder, you can relate to what Mos is talking about.

3. Bob Marley - One Love ....Bob Marley was one of the most influential artists of all-time. His message and views are captured perfectly in "OneLove." Children are suffering, and we need to hear their voices.....they are the future, but a lot of great promise is being squandered due to what isgoing on in society....I could listen to this song all day. We need more world leaders to have this on their iPod.

"Juicy" Biggie- If i had to define hip-hop with one song itd be this

"Life Goes On" Pac- reminds me of my uncle D....RIP

"Song Cry" Jigga- Fav Jay track

The Beatles- Let it be- about as perfect a song as you can get.

Lauryn Hill- Ex factor- a beautiful but sad song. Always loved it, but after my last relationship it became more personal to me.

Bob Marley- No Woman No Cry- I love how you can feel the emotion in everyone of Bob's songs. Its always been my favorite song

Sugarhill Gang- Rappers Delight
Iron Butterfly- In A Gadda Da Vida
Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven

By the time all 3 are done playing, my life would be over
tongue.gif

Jay-Z - Allure - this song is good for whatever mood you're in

Biggie - Juicy - this song is just refreshing

Lil Wayne - BM JR - one of my fav. songs

after a week, you wouldn't listen to none of that ne more...

and why couldn't u just ask "what are your top 3 fav songs?" lol

Originally Posted by mdresident

what?
he's asking what songs you could listen for the rest of your life. meaning you wouldn't get tired of it.

Originally Posted by Cookie

Originally Posted by mdresident

what?
he's asking what songs you could listen for the rest of your life. meaning you wouldn't get tired of it.

umm, lets be realistic, you are going to get tired of the same three songs if you listen to them over and over.

Originally Posted by Just0

MC Eight - Streight Up Menace
pimp.gif

Bob Marley - Jammin'

Eminem - Drug Ballad
Tell me why you act so scary?/Givin' your set a bad name with your misspelled name/E-I-H-T, now should I continue?/Yeah, you left out the G'cause the G ain't in you.

laugh.gif
sorry I just thought of that line when u misspelled his name

MC Eight - Streight Up Menace
pimp.gif

Bob Marley - Jammin'

Alice In Chains - Nutshell

mdresident wrote:
Originally Posted by Cookie

mdresident wrote:

what?

umm, lets be realistic, you are going to get tired of the same three songs if you listen to them over and over.

It's obvious that no one is going to be limited to three songs for the rest of their lives. This is what some like to call a hypothetical situation,usually put forth for the sake of discussion. I'm sorry this thread isn't realistic enough for you.

Just0, I actually had "Nutshell" typed out in my number 3 position then changed my mind. The MTV Unplugged version of that song is beautiful, nicechoice man.

- Tical.

all the ifs - trey songz
ain't no way - chris brown
goodbye my dear - t.i / ciara

this is way to tough...

trey songz: gotta go
tupac: starin through my rear view
eazy-e: 8-ball

that would change all the time though...

T i c a l wrote:
1. Jimi Hendrix - "Machine Gun". To me no other song expresses such strong emotion strictly through guitar playing.

the only song I can think of that does this also is Lynard Skynard - Free Bird..... just pure emotion with the guitar...

also ya Nutshell is an unreal song, i had to put that in there.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

2. Mos Def - Umi Says....beautiful song...passionate lyrics by Mos, and if you ever got good advice from an elder, you can relate to what Mos is talking about.
Excellent choice, I'm choosing it as well for one of my 3. I might have to switch it out for the Zero 7 remix of the same song, though.

- N*E*R*D - Provider [Zero 7 Remix] - Beautiful lyrics and beat from Zero 7 on this remix. This just relaxes me like no other song can.

- Biggie - Sky's the Limit - My third choice was tough, but this has infinite replay value for me so I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom