If you had 1 month to live. Would you want to know?

A while ago I accepted a friend request on FB. She was a friend of a homie and I guess she seen my one of my comments and sent me a request.

One of the last posts I remember seeing from her was this
View media item 144231

And then all of a sudden alot of RIP posts on her wall. I had no idea how she passed away and didnt ask. I thought it was a car accident or something because she was young (35yo)

So today im scrolling through my minimal FB friends list :smh: and see I still have her as a friend. So I hit the page and see people are still talking to her and yada yada....then I see this

View media item 144238

Im thinking DAMN thats F'd up. How do you not tell someone they have a month to live.
Id be pissed and haunt my family forever if they didnt tell me so I can live my last month how I wanted. How do you make that decision for someone like that? :smh: I can understand if its a child or teenager, but a grown woman :smh:

So NT, would you want to know if you had a month to live or would you rather not know?

That's messed up cause she prolly could of spent her time with the people she loved/cared about before she died.

If I only had a month to live I'd prolly get my fav meals, skydive, and tell everyone that was there for me I love them.

Reactions: jjs
Yes, certainly. YOLO all month. Id try to see and do everything I dreamed. No regrets.

Would if you could apply for all types of credit card/loan and ball out. That way you can leave all your earned money to the family.

I'd want to know who created this universe, and what is all the dark matter around us.....

Other then that, that's really messed up, they may of did it out of love, but it ended up being out of ignorance..... That's is something a human needs to know......

I would not want to know, It would drive me crazy to wake up everyday knowing i have x more days left.

I'd want to know who created this universe, and what is all the dark matter around us.....

Other then that, that's really messed up, they may of did it out of love, but it ended up being out of ignorance..... That's is something a human needs to know......

:lol: thats what I thought the OP was asking us too. Hes asking would you want to know if your life expectancy is in a span of one month or not.

Yes, thats a no brainer and I would also like to know if there is life outside of Earth and can we live on Mars.

i thought doctors were required to notify the patients themselves of whatever conditions they may have if they're over the age of 18?

this is all kinds of messed up :smh:

Im reading through her timeline and her sis posts on her wall every month like shes still talking to her. Seems like she's torn up with not telling her, but trying to convince herself it was the right thing to do. :smh:

Shorty got no closure. Gonna eat her up for the rest of her life :smh:

Someone needs to be brought up on charges for something for this ****.

This is the most depressing thread I have ever seen here.

Pretty sure the doctor would've had to tell her unless she doesn't speak English and her sister acted as a translator or something.  Either way, I would be pissed if my family kept that from me.  I mean, that drastically changes how I would live my final days...

Pretty messed up that she wasn't informed. Miracles are possible. Had she known she could've got more knowledge on her situation, or a second opinion. No telling what could've been difference had she known. :frown:

Of course I would want to know. I'd do things completely differently with that knowledge. Without it, I'd be going through my current routine and not necessarily enjoying every single second of every single day.

As for this, I don't believe it unless the doc was giving his own bleak opinion and not his professional diagnosis. I mean what happened to doctor patient confidentiality? She's 35 not a child, no reason parents and friends should know her fate before she does and especially not told. Even if she lived a full year past what the doc predicted.

That's messed up cause she prolly could of spent her time with the people she loved/cared about before she died.

If I only had a month to live I'd prolly get my fav meals, skydive, and tell everyone that was there for me I love them.

THIS.

+ somekind of YOLO.

One month is not a lot.... so many things I want to do, so many place I want to see :smh:

I would want to know for sure...

Reading through more and more, It seems shes been sick for over 5 years. No one specifies what it is though.
Im still baffled as much as you guys how they were able to find out her time and not her :smh:

If I knew I had a month to live, id prob die before the month was up :lol:

You bet your *** I'd want to know.

If I didn't know, I'd spend my time doing hw/studying (sorta, not really), working, and doing things I don't love.

It disgusts me that they didn't tell her. Sure it may bring her down, but really - Think about all the time she wasted her time on.

ya fam

I'd go on a 30 day bender, no sleep, can do that when I'm dead

**** would be reckless but :smokin at the same damb time

I don't wanna know and for those that are saying YOLO and they'll spend money and stuff, what would you do if the month passed and you were still alive?

Back
Top Bottom