If you were filthy rich, would you feel obligated to help those in need?

Would you feel a moral obligation to help the poor? I know i would. Yes it's my money and i do with it as i please but it's gotta be tough knowing that the price of your car insurance can save an actual life of someone that needs a kidney.

Yes..

uu6k9ovzd3421.gif

Would you feel a moral obligation to help the poor? I know i would. Yes it's my money and i do with it as i please but it's gotta be tough knowing that the price of your car insurance can save an actual life of someone that needs a kidney.
No not at all. Only obligation is to my family and close friends period. Most people don’t get close to having that type of money anyway but it seems doubly so for those that think like you ime. It’s jist anecdotal of course but every cat I know on your vibe is just regular average money making dudes with no talents that can even lead to that type of money. It seems like they are all dreamers like when the lottery gets up there and folks talk about what they are going to do with the winnings.

6 Rings is about to make out like a bandit with the likes :lol:

If I was generating enough profit to stay filthy rich, yes

If I was just given a lump sum, no. Help a few select people and the proverbial flood gates will be opened for everyone to throw their problems at you and will curse your name when you refuse.

Read too many lottery winner stories to be out here bequeathing you mere peasants with my riches

SilverSpotlessAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

There's no obligation but I would

Shoot, I'm not rich right now and I give back. That wouldn't change.

I think most people that have struggled at some point in their lives do give back in some way or another.

“How can I tease them with Benz’s and feel no remorse?”

I’m giving back.

What they pay in taxes should be helping the poor enough. I'm not sure any amount one person could give would ever be enough when it's the systems that are in place that are failing society. College and medical care should be free in this country. That's what should happen... not some rich schmuck giving away his billions.

What they pay in taxes should be helping the poor enough. I'm not sure any amount one person could give would ever be enough when it's the systems that are in place that are failing society. College and medical care should be free in this country. That's what should happen... not some rich schmuck giving away his billions.

We should be coming for the rich schmuck's billions to afford those changes. I agree with everything you said tho

theres a reason wealthy people stay wealthy, they dont really do that

the ones that do help those in need do so in a way that benefits them as well

Basically why my answer is no. To be filthy rich my mentality would have to much different than it is now.

If i was a billionaire I’d create a non profit tutoring service and give out as many scholarships yearly as I could to help the level the playing field.

Truth. I have a problem of empathizing too much sometimes, and taking ownership of problems that aren't mine. I feel the government should be taking care of it's people better. If i were to get a billion right now, i know I'd feel the need to take action.

Rich people should be able to enjoy their wealth that they earned.

Also, no one should die if starvation or a small illness.

Back
Top Bottom