If you won the lottery, would you still continue to work?

I would quit my regular job just because the money gives me choices that I wouldn't have otherwise

Would likely occupy my time with starting my own enigneering firm and also likely some sort of automotive works shop (no not like those place that sell bargain barrel rims and body kits). I'd be pretty passionate in seeing them both (hopefully) grow

Of course this would start only after a long period of extensive travel. Whoever said backpack it first then do it again as one from the upper crust, idea is brilliant

It ain't all about money.

Some will get it, some won't.

QFT

This thread is very telling of the members here and what their understanding is of what a job is.

Some guy even called people in his office "peasants", all because he has $500 MM overnight. This community has a lot of growing up to do.

:lol: that was me

Relax man, it was a joke. I tried to insinuate that by adding the emoticon.

But it is hard to decipher tonality via text, i understand that.

I also posted in a later post that I'd more than likely just cop a bigger tv cop some sneaker grails without worrying about the cost and just continue to live my simple life.

Last edited:

QFT

This thread is very telling of the members here and what their understanding is of what a job is.

Some guy even called people in his office "peasants", all because he has $500 MM overnight. This community has a lot of growing up to do.

Some people here work fast food, my dude.

You think they're hitting for $500m and going back to being harassed cuz the cheese ain't melted all the way on that burger?

That's immature to you? :lol:

It's also, y'know, just a hypothetical for ***** and giggles.

Helll nawww im ballin out tbh

Boutta splurge 100m dont even care
Few mansions all over the world
Private jets
Super car collection
Females and plenty of em hugh hefner style
A few hobbies i was always interested in

QFT

From what I read he called his boss a peasant and well I can understand that since it seemed like he didn't like his boss.

I'd still work. Doing what I want to do though. I'd be done with working for other people. Being rich is something many folks want, but it seems like a boring life waking up everyday and **** just being alright all the time. It'll be great to not have to wonder about bills and all that, but idk.

Last edited:
I figured the dude called his co-workers a peasant because he's now rich with $500 MM and they didn't.

It's really tough to sense tone via text.

I'd take time off to travel, but eventually I'd work. Invest in a few companies, start a few myself and create opportunities for others.

I'd keeping working until them first 2 deposits hit my account. Very next day im putting in my resignation. Straight fooling them 2 last weeks. Thats why I needed to bank them starter checks. Pull up in a new whip everyday, rented of course i aint wildin like that. Monday - Aventador, Tuesday - Berlinetta, Wednesday - Elephant, Thursday - parachute, etc. I would pretty much spend the whole day planning how to ball harder the next day cuz i damn sure aint working. I'd hire 2 Ronnie Coleman looking dudes dressed like ksteezy to carry me around on a platform so i would never have to walk. Instead i'll stand on my platform, arms crossed, facial expression looking generally displeased as i glide through the office. On my last day i would hook all my employees (f them other departments) up with a few Gs, walk around flourishing and making last minute connects.

Then i'd put my money to work for me. Invest, start my own business and re-hire all my former employees to come work for my company.

I'd use that dough to start hella businesses, so yea, I'd still work a bunch, but it'd be for my own benefit. Once it's off the ground, just hire more people to work for me. I'd be tony start in these streets youngblood

I would prob open my own store/shop. Something I would enjoy doing. Always wanted to open an arcade. If not I would work part time just for the health care somewhere.

I'm surprised that 90% of people said they would start their own businesses and investments. Americans only care about the money I guess, huh? I would spend 100% of my time following my dreams of music and writing with no worries cause I know I'd always be taken care of financially. And I would travel the entire world endlessly. I'm not materialistic at all so I would have no need to spend money on cars and mansions, maybe a couple of decent suits and a decent house. 

I'm surprised that 90% of people said they would start their own businesses and investments. Americans only care about the money I guess, huh? I would spend 100% of my time following my dreams of music and writing with no worries cause I know I'd always be taken care of financially. And I would travel the entire world endlessly. I'm not materialistic at all so I would have no need to spend money on cars and mansions, maybe a couple of decent suits and a decent house. 

owning your own business and contributing to society ain't a dream? lol. depending on the business of course. i would have my own business while also traveling the world.

but i get what your saying tho.

Last edited:
i'd take at least 5 mill and start a scholarship fund real talk tired of folks not being able to learn cause of the insane prices or putting themselves in debt in order to learn

I would go to work and just work for free.

Matter of fact I would pay them to work there..its hard to find a job these days

Really, it would depend on how much I won. >20 mil, I'd keep working, probably take a leave of absence.

HUNDREDS of millions, doe? Hell yea, I would keep working. Just so I could get the full effect of quitting and being "liberated".

Quitting on any given day wouldn't get it. I would wait until I was at a high point in frustration and be like, "You know what? **** this, I quit."

My job would probably fire me in anticipation of me making a dramatic exit.

Last edited:
I'd still work but I wouldn't stay in my current career unless it meant owning hotel's. 

I'd finance a way to do something I truly love to do.

Actually, I decided I would work part time. 20-25 hours seems like enough to keep me busy but also give me the time to chill and spend my money.

Back
Top Bottom