I'm commuting to college. VOL: Am I really missing out?

The dorm experience should be experienced. It's better than commuting unless you got your own apt and have parties there every weekend.

From parties, to females, to even school work it's all a plus living on campus. Jokes and jokes my friend

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I think OP is Mayor. Mayor ain't smashing anything.
nah he's not... only reason i know is bc i remember him posting his pics and getting flamed a while back.

OP, you are definitely going to miss out on a lot. when you leave school to go back home, that's when everything goes down in the dorms. you will miss outon a lot of fun.

i'm not just talking about smashing either, even in general you will miss out on a whole bunch of memorable moments bc you're at home.

currently attending st.johns in queens and its a commuter school but with dorms.

from experience, i would not trade dorming life for anything. not only do you make alot more friends, you have alot more fun as well. most of the commuterstudents just goto class and go back home, and its hard for them to make friends in a classroom setting.

Yes you are unless you find someone on campus to leech onto during the weekend aka the college weekend of thurs-sunday.

All this talk about first year experience is NOT dependent on Dorming. You could be posted up on campus all day if you wanted chilling with people/hanging in afriends dorm. Then partying at night. Some nights if your sober enough you might end up back at your crib, hopefully most of the time you wont
devil.gif
. I dormedmy first year (last year) and it was a good experience. But you can make it happen. Have a blast, just figure it out

Looks like I'm gonna be missing out also.
frown.gif

I start Community College on August the 24th as a Freshman.

I was planning on transferring to the University Of Houston after my 2 years at this CC though.

I used to go a University, but now I attend a community college. My experience at Cheyney was fun (until I received a lifetime ban from there back in '06
smh.gif
), but I could never get any work done because I was having too much fun. Community college is better for trying to get your academics straight and maintaina good GPA, but that's just my opinion.

Depends where you're going.

I commute to a college in NYC, but I make sure to take off thursdays and fridays in my schedule, and stay a weekend at a random SUNY w/ my boys. You don'tneed to know anyone beforehand because everyone's so friendly at colleges
laugh.gif
....A few weeks or so in the semester, you can add that college to yourFacebook and holla at random chicks in that school tombout you go to that school. In no time, you'll be receiving event invitations and such from peopleyou meet there.

The best is going with a few of your friends and giving yourselves different names, personas, accents, w/e
laugh.gif

That's how I get the best of both worlds from school. During the week I'm able to focus on my studies and during the weekend I can do w/e I want ataway colleges.

Yes, no question. I lived in the Dorms at St. John's, then transferred back home to Buffalo and lived at home. Pretty much sucked after a while. Now I havea house this year so it's all good.

I'm going to be dorming next year as a freshmen at a major state school and I'm really looking forward to it. I think it'll be great the first yearbut after I'm probably going to look into getting an apartment/house with some of my boys

(until I received a lifetime ban from there back in '06
smh.gif
),
how did this happen?

Freshman year is the only year you should feel obligated to stay on campus.

As you get older... it doesnt matter because you have a group of friends and it doesnt matter where you stay.

Physicx wrote:
I wanna hear about this lifetime ban
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

It was pretty uneventful for the most part (at least to me anyways), but let's just say having fights with the college faculty members (conselors &teachers included
smh.gif
laugh.gif
) TWICE isn't a good thing
laugh.gif
. I used to be a hothead, after getting banned, I cooled off.

yes, ur missing out. i still regret not going away to school. i believe that whole experience of getting away from home, fam, friends and living life "onur own" is kinda necessary.

Back
Top Bottom