I'm interviewing Jason Petrie aka ALPHAPROJECT this week at HQ

Time to retro these

1998-99-Air-Vis-Zoom-Uptempo.jpg

Ask him where does he see the future of the Lebron product range going in 5-10 years once Lebrons our of the league?

Also will we start to see “Lebron Endorsed” athletes much like Jordan Brand (Team Jordan), did back in the late 90’s. For sure feel Lebron could extend into the football category as well like Jordan brand.

Is there a Lebron that he wish he could redo or tweak... What was the case of the Lebron 11 with Lebron not wearing them often during the season?

Looking back on his career starting form Nike talk what’s been his biggest take away and advice he would give designer?

Why hasn’t Nike completely decked out Sierra Canyon and have they given any thought to the possibility of Brony James joining the Nike fam!

Last edited:
I know he probably doesn't have anything to do with the line, bit ask him, since he made shoes for Agassi (several of his were Alpha Project shoes) if we may be getting any Agassi retros in the near future.

I know he probably doesn't have anything to do with the line, bit ask him, since he made shoes for Agassi (several of his were Alpha Project shoes) if we may be getting any Agassi retros in the near future.

Which Agassi's did he do?

I was gonna rock my Cerise IVs hoping someone would notice and retro them stateside, but the forecast called for rain all weekend so it's a no. But I will mention it!

Can you ask him which program or application he likes to use to draw/design in his free time?

I would ask...

For someone looking to get into deisgning shoes, what advice would you give them and why?

i would also ask for book recommendations.

Would be cool to understand how they're testing the performance of shoes these days beyond user-testing i.e. thermal imaging, sock-flex etc.

- Why cant we get OG size bubbles on Air Penny's, Uptempos, any 90's retro...
-When can we expect a Flightposite 3 retro.
- Bless us with some of his old sketches he use to post on here lol

Why can’t they stick with an outsole pattern that is proven to work instead of changing it up every year and having inconsistencies?
For real..... although sometimes it seems that the type of rubber used is just as or more important than the traction design

Which Agassi's did he do?

I was gonna rock my Cerise IVs hoping someone would notice and retro them stateside, but the forecast called for rain all weekend so it's a no. But I will mention it!

Hey Nelson, sorry for missing your reply. Since Petrie did Alpha Project, I'm not sure he had any say in the design, but Agassi's Zoom Beyond (his French Open winning shoe), the Zoom Beyond Plus and the Court Implosion were all Alpha Project. I remember the 5 dots on the back. Don't know if he had any input but I just figured since he was the head of Alpha Project, he had to know who wore what. 👍The Zoom Beyonds were one of the best tennis shoes I ever played in!!

Back
Top Bottom