I'm maybe visiting Brooklyn next week

fairly big maybe

what's the status?

I'd be staying in Gowanus/Park Slope area

agenda would be hitting up breweries which from what I could tell when I checked about two weeks ago is that most are not open to drink on premises...I would not do it unless there was outdoor seating

I would not use public transit...we would rent bikes to get around so we won't be going too far from where we're staying

Gowanus is becoming increasingly trendy & crowded plus it summer, so there is definitely gonna be a lot of ppl outside. Why r u choosing to go there during a deadly airborne pandemic?

I thank you all individually for your valued contributions

think we're doing it though

ride bikes around so we don't have to rely on public transportation, hit up some breweries w/ outdoor seating only, get some takeout beer and food, maybe go to governors island

don't worry, I'll be smart, remain vigilant, and considerate of others...I'll be sure to have my mask and sanitizer

E2CAE7AB-974F-4CEE-B40B-DA56BEA2CBDE.gif

I'll take food recommendations from you kind folks...not sure I'll venture out of Gowanus/Park Slope area since we'll be on bikes

fairly big maybe

what's the status?

I'd be staying in Gowanus/Park Slope area

agenda would be hitting up breweries which from what I could tell when I checked about two weeks ago is that most are not open to drink on premises...I would not do it unless there was outdoor seating

I would not use public transit...we would rent bikes to get around so we won't be going too far from where we're staying
Grab cans at Other Half
Hometown BBQ, Lucali, Ugly Baby, and Court Street Grocers for food
George Motz also does random smashburger popups at his apartment/certain spots around the area that could be worth checking out
Grimm and Evil Twin are a bit north and east, but you can grab to-go beers at Grimm and go sit and drink them at Cooper Park. Evil Twin has outdoor seating.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that an additional state meets the metrics to qualify for the travel advisory requiring individuals who have traveled to New York from those states, all of which have significant community spread, to quarantine for 14 days. The newly-added state is Rhode Island. Delaware and Washington, D.C. have been removed. The quarantine applies to any person arriving from an area with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or an area with a 10 percent or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average.

"Our progress in New York is even better than we expected, thanks to the hard work of New Yorkers. Our numbers continue to decline steadily, and for the third straight day in a row, there were no reported deaths in New York City," Governor Cuomo said. "But we must protect that progress, which is why today we are adding another state to our travel advisory. We cannot go back to the hell we experienced just a few months ago - and surging infection rates across the country threaten to bring us back there - so we must all remain vigilant."
The full, updated travel advisory list is below:

• Alaska
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Iowa
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • Nevada
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Puerto Rico
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington

OP, are you coming from one of the 34 states listed above?

^correct

Grimm and Evil Twin are in The top three breweries I was interested (along with OH) but they’re several miles away from where we are staying so I’m not sure my wife would be down to stop...maybe on my way in or out I can hit them

who does flights and/or half pours?

^correct

Grimm and Evil Twin are in The top three breweries I was interested (along with OH) but they’re several miles away from where we are staying so I’m not sure my wife would be down to stop...maybe on my way in or out I can hit them

who does flights and/or half pours?
If you're looking to stay local Threes and Folksbier are solid consolation prizes.

Evil Twin does 9 oz. pours of select beers. I think Grimm is straight pints right now. OH is exclusively cans and bottles to-go. Not sure if anyone is doing flights.

You should have fun city is different but people are still out and about interacting trying to get back to normal. Every restaurant/bar has out door seating now just wear a mask (wear a mask you will be called out)

Back
Top Bottom