In a slump! Fa real !

Just taking a break from job hunting right now, and thinking about it i feel like i'm becoming depressed.I been unemployed from a full time job for about a year and a half. I do little things here and there to get by, unemployment helps also but its nothing compared to having a full time w/benefits. I have had 12 jobs offer a position but then run bg check on me and my only crime which a misdemeanor back 2010 for DV assault 4 (I live in Washington, I made the worst mistake possible it seems as far as commiting a crime) but people make mistakes and learn from them. I am sharp, outgoing gentleman that strives for excellence when it comes to work ethic....all 12 revoked the offer after the check. Its seems I cant catch a break. Its tough because I got a 2 year to support and that makes me feel worse that i cant give him all he wants now. Im enrolled into a physical therapy assistant program starting this winter at a CC. Even worse is that ive been in love with a chick for a little over a year but i barely talk to her because of my situation, my morale is really low at the moment. But damb bros....IM heavily thinking about going to see an air force recruiter in November after i finish my anger management. Anyone care to shed some info on that ? Also, if any Washington heads are reading this post help a fellow NT brutha out. I wont let you down. Sorry for the vent, just had to get that out of me.

Last edited:
Da block don't do background checks, my g.

But seriously, can you get that stuff expunged, or sealed?

That's the only thing I can think of. Until then, let the job recruiter know up front..

Also, if that's you.in the avy, nice form...

Looking like nate Robinson with that follow thru.

:pimp: :pimp:

Da block don't do background checks, my g.
But seriously, can you get that stuff expunged, or sealed?
That's the only thing I can think of. Until then, let the job recruiter know up front..
The case isnt closed until I finish my classes up in november. I always let the recruiter know up front. They just give me the usual "This may be an issue, but we'll see"

air force is a solid idea, only like 6 weeks of bootcamp from what i heard

you tried going to a hiring agency? they take a small % from your check but it at least get you something full time

air force is a solid idea, only like 6 weeks of bootcamp from what i heard
you tried going to a hiring agency? they take a small % from your check but it at least get you something full time
Ive dealt with temp agencies if thats what you are referring to. They are all temp jobs and eventually the duration of the contract is over after 1-3months. Thats my "here and there" income as stated in the og post.
Also, if that's you.in the avy, nice form...
Looking like nate Robinson with that follow thru.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yea that be ya boy! thanks bro

I say stack ya paper and get it expunged after you make that air force move.

Then you won't eem have to worry about it.

Sounds like you're a good dude trying to do right by your two-year old. Reforming your life which we all need at multiple points in our lives. Keep working hard and doing the right things. The appropriate job will come your way in a mutually beneficial situation.

You'll be alright son, just keep fighting. Keep trying. You're a good dude, so something good is gonna come out of the struggle. 

pace.

making the move to the military could help big time in your case . . . having a record, then military service goes a long way in showing employers that you've changed for the better and learn discipline . . .

domestic violence assault on your record? even though its a misdemeanor, yep jobs arent gonna hire you. its a cold world

wish you luck

This vid was posted in the TAN, but I think it belongs here as well. Keep striving bro. Never give in or give up.

Not to discourage you OP but I thought you can't join the military while any legal action is pending against you? 

I have a friend who has a felony in his record (fraud) and for every interview he lands, he makes sure they know about his situation before proceeding with the interview. Some didn't work out, but eventually he was hired (admin position for a private firm). It's really tough out there especially with what you got going on, but keep trying and don't give up. You're a good dude and I'm sure there's someone out there with a good heart that will understand your situation. Wish you the best.

Last edited:
Not to discourage you OP but I thought you can't join the military while any legal action is pending against you? 

I have a friend who has a felony in his record (fraud) and for every interview he lands, he makes sure they know about his situation before proceeding with the interview. Some didn't work out, but eventually he was hired (admin position for a private firm). It's really tough out there especially with what you got going on, but keep trying and don't give up. You're a good dude and I'm sure there's someone out there with a good heart that will understand your situation. Wish you the best.

yea i know. The legal action will be settled come november. Im still gonna have to get it waived, hopefully i get a gig before i decide to enlist tho. Dont wanna leave my lil dude hanging for months at a time without seeing his pops.

yea i know. The legal action will be settled come november. Im still gonna have to get it waived, hopefully i get a gig before i decide to enlist tho. Dont wanna leave my lil dude hanging for months at a time without seeing his pops.
Do what's best for you and your son. There's nothing better than watching your seed grow. 

Back
Top Bottom