In NYC, what are some good neighborhoods outside of Manhattan?

I miss Astoria so much.
Never lived there but I used to be the manager at the Starbucks on Steinway, so I was in Astoria more than my own neighborhood.
if you guys are serious about the summit let me know

I miss Astoria so much.
Never lived there but I used to be the manager at the Starbucks on Steinway, so I was in Astoria more than my own neighborhood.
if you guys are serious about the summit let me know

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

How do we know you are cool, tho?

My dude is mad chill.
pimp.gif

Just pissed he aint ask me (Fellow Colllege Graduate with no ties) to roll out east with him. 
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

How do we know you are cool, tho?

My dude is mad chill.
pimp.gif

Just pissed he aint ask me (Fellow Colllege Graduate with no ties) to roll out east with him. 
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif

avoid east new york .... good places in brooklyn would be park slope, bayridge, ****r heights, bensonhurst.

avoid east new york .... good places in brooklyn would be park slope, bayridge, ****r heights, bensonhurst.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

Anyone know if those listings of apt on criagslist r legit? some seem too good to be true
examples?  i'd say some are good deals but some are too good to be true.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

Anyone know if those listings of apt on criagslist r legit? some seem too good to be true
examples?  i'd say some are good deals but some are too good to be true.

About 10-15% are real deals but the rest are just scams. I would say astoria (nice area, everything is near you & quite) is a good move because with your price range you cant move to the city. Right now i pay $1600 + utilities so about 2200 for a 2br in upper westside of manhattan (columbus & in the 90's area). Which is a steal but i only pay that because my gma used to live here before me. The whole thing with moving to nyc isnt really worth it unless you have some money saved (atleast 10k & better) or you have a decent job waiting for you. You can also find some nice apts around city college (137 area & bway). A few friends of mine have a 3 br on 138th and bway and pay 2400 in total for rent, utilities, cable & internet (so about 800 per person). Which is worth it to me because the apt is nice and big. Its in a 5story walk up. Hope this help

About 10-15% are real deals but the rest are just scams. I would say astoria (nice area, everything is near you & quite) is a good move because with your price range you cant move to the city. Right now i pay $1600 + utilities so about 2200 for a 2br in upper westside of manhattan (columbus & in the 90's area). Which is a steal but i only pay that because my gma used to live here before me. The whole thing with moving to nyc isnt really worth it unless you have some money saved (atleast 10k & better) or you have a decent job waiting for you. You can also find some nice apts around city college (137 area & bway). A few friends of mine have a 3 br on 138th and bway and pay 2400 in total for rent, utilities, cable & internet (so about 800 per person). Which is worth it to me because the apt is nice and big. Its in a 5story walk up. Hope this help

I stay in "Prospect Lefferts Gardens" (whatever that means) but Im always in/around Crown/Prospect Heights where %@#* is changing fast. Good ol gentrification

I stay in "Prospect Lefferts Gardens" (whatever that means) but Im always in/around Crown/Prospect Heights where %@#* is changing fast. Good ol gentrification

deep canarsie, if you go by e80's that area is trouble but deep like e104 area is a lot better. note: high concentration of caribbean people. expect at least one person per block having a barbeque (especially in the summer)

deep canarsie, if you go by e80's that area is trouble but deep like e104 area is a lot better. note: high concentration of caribbean people. expect at least one person per block having a barbeque (especially in the summer)

Originally Posted by Weekz

Don't be volunteering ppl into my neighborhood lol but the 100's is nice

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

u mean our neighborhood??? born and raised bro

Back
Top Bottom