...Infiniti I35 or Maxima 2002-03 Owners...Pics Inside...

My Infiniti J30 may be biting the dust soon, so I'm looking to upgrade. Anyone own an Infiniti I35 or the '02-'03 Maxima with the 3.5 L in it? Ifso, what do ya'll think?

Edit :I provided the link of the car Im looking at down below. Let me know what you guys think that that price and mileage.

Manual or Auto? The 6 speed manual paired with that 3.5 is a beast, but you can't go wrong either way man. I've been pushed a 97 but I drive mycousin's 02 every now and then. Maximas are very reliable cars you won't be disappointed especially at that price. As long as it hasn't been abusedand has been well taken care of I say go for it. What's the mileage?

I own a '02 Maxima SE auto. The engine is a beast, but it requires premium full, mpg is not that great honestly especially if you have a lead foot like me.the powersteering is a little too overboosted but you'll eventually get used to it. Its got a lot of torque so torque steer can get a little jumpy on quickacceleration. No mechanical problems and i've had it for six years. I put quite a bit of money into the suspension(lowering springs, new shocks, rear swaybar, front tower brace and 18s wheels) to get it to my preferred handling feel. overall a decent car.

I have an 03 SE Maxima...it's fast. My car before this was a 00 SE Maxima so I can't really compare the handling and all that.

^ Yep, 02-03s used the VQ35DE engine, the 00-01s with the VQ30DE. Off the top of my head, the difference was ~30hp?

Nice MilleMiglias SoleAddict.

i've driven a i35. Probably my next purchase for around 10G's. My only compliant about Nissan cars (includes Infinity) is the handling. They don'tquite handle real well. Like if your leaving a parking space or parallel parking. This is just my observation on the Nissans/Infinity's i've driven.
What are the specs on i35?
The one im looking at is leather seats,navi system,heated seats,and other things.

Originally Posted by ro0ts

^ Yep, 02-03s used the VQ35DE engine, the 00-01s with the VQ30DE. Off the top of my head, the difference was ~30hp?

Nice MilleMiglias SoleAddict.

Thanks, been thinking of getting something different maybe something with a nice lip, i've had these for a minute.
SalviBoy7 wrote:
i've driven a i35. Probably my next purchase for around 10G's. My only compliant about Nissan cars (includes Infinity) is thehandling. They don't quite handle real well. Like if your leaving a parking space or parallel parking. Thisis just my observation on the Nissans/Infinity's i've driven.
What are the specs on i35?
The one im looking at is leather seats,navi system,heated seats,and other things.

As for the handling, yeah since its a FWD car the turning radius is not great even compared to other FWD cars. That's why my next car will be RWD.

that's the only thing that kills me about my max...the turning radius is way too wide.

alas...that's somethign I can live with.

oh really? Hmm i didn't think it was that. Yeah dirty the turning ratio on both Maxima's and the i35 aren't that good. My only complaint.
I don't think till this date i've driven a RWD so I can't compare the turning ratio.
Im so accustomed to driving my 00 Coupe Civic that goes in basically any parking space and corner with no problem. Once I get into the i35 it is tricky andmuch maneuvers have to be done. But in the end both Maxima and the i35 are great cars. It all comes down to if you want something with a sportier edge or aluxury sport car.

^^you should go out and test drive say a G35 or BMW. i hear people say all the time, there's no difference in handling between FWD and RWD. imo,there's a huge difference.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by earth0ne

its a damm shame to mention i35 and a maxima in a same sentence

how so?...besides a few things...they're the same exact car.

yeah i dont get it either.

maximas are very fast...i wouldn't mind getting a 02-03 manual if i had to get a sedan. but then you'll suffer in terms of mpg compared to like v6accord or v6 camry. i'd look into those 2 as well, they're probably more reliable than the maxima...but i'd say the max looks better. if you wantmore luxury then get the I35 but SE maximas are pretty luxurious and sporty at the same time i'd go for that. and get a SE not a base model, always get theSE from nissan, it's a lotbetter deal than the base.

JKickz not bad. Seems in good condition. Great car. I havent really driven it past 80 when i have but its also very soft as opposed to a Honda Accord in thesame year range. Not bad though. Like everyone has said you can't go wrong.

Soleaddict seems like a nice idea. I think one notices the difference after a while.

I just got my 99 Maxima over the summer for 7 gs. So thats a pretty good deal your getting for the infiniti

Back
Top Bottom