Instead of 24s,25s,26s,they will be numbered by the year??????

WOW...this is really late. this was talked about on every website with jordans on it since BEFORE the xxiii's dropped

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Associating Jordans by year is nothing new.

You young bucks forget that before they/we started referring to Jordans by numbers, they had no number... they were just the new Jordans.

In fact, back in the day, before retros were even dreamed of, when a new Jordan would come out we would just call them the "new Jordans" and we would refer to the previous years' Jordans by the year. For example, my friends and I used to refer to the III's as the 88's, and the IV's as the 89's, etc. Those were the numbers we used. I'm not sure if everyone did that, but that's how we used to do it back then. There were no numbers on the box label, it just said "Nike Air Jordan". Maybe some of you fellow older Jordan heads can relate.

Anyway, it's kind of a throw-back to see them using the year in the "name" of the model. It's refreshing... like a new start. I don't mind it at all.

I agree it is refreshing. Giving the jordans a number was another way of saying the year. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the first jordan to have a numberput on it was the XIV. So this notion that numbering a jordan is important is rediculous. Also, from a design standpoint, putting the number of that yearsjordan on the actual shoe, does not help contribute to the design of the shoe in any way. Lets hope they dont put 2009 on the new jordan. I think that would betacky. However, this is jordan brand and I wouldnt be suprised if they put 2009 on the shoe in some way. BTW, anyone have any new info on the 09????

Originally Posted by mrflightclub23

YES you are very very late....The XX3 is the last numbered Jordan...........And what are you talking about??
indifferent.gif

The first thing I thought of
eyes.gif
smh.gif

You young bucks forget that before they/we started referring to Jordans by numbers, they had no number... they were just the new Jordans.

In fact, back in the day, before retros were even dreamed of, when a new Jordan would come out we would just call them the "new Jordans" and we would refer to the previous years' Jordans by the year. For example, my friends and I used to refer to the III's as the 88's, and the IV's as the 89's, etc. Those were the numbers we used. I'm not sure if everyone did that, but that's how we used to do it back then. There were no numbers on the box label, it just said "Nike Air Jordan". Maybe some of you fellow older Jordan heads can relate.

Anyway, it's kind of a throw-back to see them using the year in the "name" of the model. It's refreshing... like a new start. I don't mind it at all.

i miss the good old days like that. I rremember calling them "new jordans" and it wasnt till the flood of retros that i started calling them bynumber

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the first jordan to have a number put on it was the XIV.

I remembered it as being the first black colorway of the XIII...... could be wrong though.

Judging by the amount of people who consider the line to be over just because they've changed the numbering system...... JB may have their work cut out forthem.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

I remember those days.I was born 1976 and my first pair of jordans were the 1988 IIIs and been luvin em every since.And yes it does seem like it would be a little refreshing if JB could get there head out there a** and do the right thing!!!!!

I was born in 1973. My first pair was the black/red AJKO Is. My second pair were the 1988 IIIs.

I actually miss the days when they only released 4 Jordan colorways per year. Made them more special. I still love J's, but now it's love based moreon sentimentality and nostalgia.

True story, I can relate.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

I don't know if I am late on this subject or not,but I read the latest kicks magazine and they said no more numbered js.They said there will be a top of the line Jordan every year and it will just be called the 09 jordan,2010 Jordan,2011 Jordan ect.... This was my first time hearing this.I really thought the 23 was the last.I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.I liked the 23s and wish it would have ended there.

Man you're about a year late on this one.

Yeah I kwow how late I am.I heard rumors of this a while ago,but only rumors.I was reading the new kicks magazine and there was an article in there about thisthat sparked this up again for me.If the kicks magazine is a reliable source then it's not just a rumor anymore.I don't know if there reliable or not,thats why I posted this.To see how reliable kicks magazine is or has anyone else heard this from a reliable source.

I hate JB but at least they made the XXX3 sexy, I can't complain but as for other shoe colorways...
smh.gif

JB will refer to new J's as 2K9 etc... no XXIV. XXIII ended it strong and it would be dumb if the had the whole CDP finish to go in vain.

jordan brand is probably going to go with making a hundred new colorways with the aj1s and also trying to do their best with making some copy shoe or fusion

thats a smart move business wise for jb and for us as collectors...for us,because they respected the number(23)..and for them,to still have a "top of theline jordan"...personally,im done after the 23s.

yea my uncle told me he used to call them that and so did i when the X's and up came out
i didnt start calling them by their actual numbers until the XX

I do remember back in da late 80s
And Yes peeps didnt use the # too describe Jz
But focused more what game Jordan wore them in
Or even the most memorable moment Mike had in that shoe
I agree 100% with "It's refreshing... like a new start. I don't mind it at all"

Back
Top Bottom