Interesting Article About The Music You Download (Scratch Magazine)

Mods, if I am violating something, please delete ASAP, I'm meaning to inform NTers the "dangers" of downloading music online. With that beingsaid, I'm just attempting to inform what I came across in a magazine. I am in no way encouraging illegal downloads, I buy CD's religiously.

Most of this information is known...I think, I can't lie, the scene is pretty deep, but the fact this article has been published has shaken things up, Imean there were busts to the point where it was too close to comfort. That's all I can say really, the internet does get gangster. You'd also besuprised what's on the "scene".

8bska5s.jpg

8c3igzd.jpg

7ys6nw5.jpg

6xjyhdh.jpg

89uwtog.jpg

cliffnotes? thats kind of hard to read with the scroll thingy....or maybe I'm too lazy

Good article, but the underlying message seems to be that it's still happening, and as they said, they still aren't close to being able to pinpoint the"leaker", thus stopping the leak.

yeah dont eff with an engineer or they'll bootleg your%#%*. i worked as an assistant engineer to a well known hip hop engineer in hollywood and i caughthim putting pro tools files on his drive when it was supposed to only stay on the studio G5.

one of my old teachers was a mastering engineering for a major and he said that whenever a big name album would drop, you'd have execs follow you aroundeverywhere in the building if you had a copy of a CD (they would take it to duplication depts, etc.)

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I wondered why I never saw anymore RNS rips.

They quit

Fall Out Boy's "Infinity On High" was their last release.

interesting read indeed...the latest album that I can remember withstand a leak decently was King....leaked about a week before release from what I canremember.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

interesting read indeed...the latest album that I can remember withstand a leak decently was King....leaked about a week before release from what I can remember.

I can't even agree with you on that homie. The Advance copy was out for almost a year, I hate how it was leaked, but Drama them released The Leak, sothat was good.

Originally Posted by avitale8

so that's why Banks' last album sucked?
laugh.gif

nah it sucked cuz he's a weak punchline rapper...dude cant make no music...his first album was a fluke... 50 wrote most of that %#!+... he had to...

Originally Posted by wildout4

RNS held me down for such a long time.

always the first to get retail versions.

word to RNS_latin
happy.gif

FUA kept fakin' it.

but this article is OD late, wow.

Originally Posted by wildout4

RNS held me down for such a long time.

always the first to get retail versions.
They basically did every MAJOR and ANTICIPATED RETAIL.

Late Registration
The Massacre
The Black Album
Kingdom Come
The Documentary
The Eminem Show
Encore
Chronic 2001
Speakerboxx/The Love Below
Nellyville
Suit
Sweat
The Carter II

And I can go on..

Some say these cats was even working for the labels themselves.
eek.gif

Interesting read, but at the end of the day, I'd be broke if I tried to 'support' every artist that I like through purchasing cd's. Some verygood points are brought up in the article, but piracy of music will probably never stop.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

Originally Posted by avitale8

so that's why Banks' last album sucked?
laugh.gif

nah it sucked cuz he's a weak punchline rapper...dude cant make no music...his first album was a fluke... 50 wrote most of that %#!+... he had to...
c'mon man...point blank, Hunger For More was hot...I would actually like to hear the 1st version of Banks' 2nd album if anybody has it....cuzRotten Apple was
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom