INVISILIGN

Has anyone had or does have it? Im thinking of getting it but it seems pricey, and dudes aint made of money. . .yet
wink.gif
. Any info would be much appreciated.

Invisalign is more expensive and also doesn't give as good results as regular braces do.

If you just need your teeth straightened then the invisalign will work, but braces can fix so much more such as a overbite, mild cases of "buckteeth" and jaw alignment.

Originally Posted by West2East

Invisalign is more expensive and also doesn't give as good results as regular braces do.
Straight teeth are straight teeth

True but for how long? That is the question.

Regular braces have more permanent results than Invisalign. Like someone else mentioned there is also lot more you can tweak about your smile/bite/teeth.

If your teeth are only mildly crooked then Invisalign would be a good choice since your teeth wouldn't be making very much movement to begin with,otherwise you really might be wasting your money getting Invisalign only to have your teeth move around again after you're finished with treatment.

True but for how long? That is the question.

Regular braces have more permanent results than Invisalign. Like someone else mentioned there is also lot more you can tweak about your smile/bite/teeth.

If your teeth are only mildly crooked then Invisalign would be a good choice since your teeth wouldn't be making very much movement to begin with, otherwise you really might be wasting your money getting Invisalign only to have your teeth move around again after you're finished with treatment.

luckily i fall into the "mildly crooked" category (not so much nowadays though). If one just wears their retainer when they sleeppost-treatment, there should be no problems. Its just that people neglect/forget to wear their retainer at night when they sleep that their teeth end upcrooked again.

i would go the regular braces route.

Less to worry about they are always on so you dont have to worry bout having them out and they do correct more

any links?
I think with something like this it's better to just go for a consultation with an Orthodontist. My Orthodontist only charged something like$10 for a consultation. When I went I was open to any treatment. After discussing all my options with him and my dad, I just decided Invisalign wasn't thebest option for me. Not only was the price too steep, but it was too limiting. All that I've told you is all that my orthodontist told me. He could havepushed for the more expensive treatment, but he didn't.

I did opt for the Invisalign retainer though
smile.gif

I have both an Ivisalign retainer and a classic retainer. I have the option of wearing the invisalign retainer for over 22 hours a day or the classic retainerfor a period of 10 hours a day.

Originally Posted by disxbxvinh

with regular braces is it hard to floss?

Yes, you don't even try. I used mouthwash after every meal and brushed my teeth in the morning and at night. The key to having a good bracesexperience is brushing your teeth.

It really depends how messed up your teeth are, if they break mirrors then you def have to get REAL METAL BRACES, they actually force the teeth intosubmission. I had braces senior year of highschool, my teeth whrnt that bad but bad enough for metal braces. Invisilign is used more so to correct slightlycrooked teeth, i use my as a retainer (after 2 years of metal braces). Its more pricey and its not worth it because u can break em (if you grind your teehalot) or possible lose em. The metal braces ensure that your teeth will be 100% fine, just make sure you wear your retainer (either metal or invisilign) afteryou get your braces off, otherwise that time and money is wasted. Consult your ortho about how messed up your teeh are before deciding.

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

Yes, you don't even try.

Oh no that's bad! I flossed daily as instructed by my orthodontist. There's this little tool they give you when you first get your braces to helpyou floss, but once you get used to it, it's really easy.

Flossing for me was key! I can't even imagine what my teeth woulda looked like if I didn't
sick.gif

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

Yes, you don't even try.

Oh no that's bad! I flossed daily as instructed by my orthodontist. There's this little tool they give you when you first get your braces to help you floss, but once you get used to it, it's really easy.

Flossing for me was key! I can't even imagine what my teeth woulda looked like if I didn't
sick.gif

I used that little tool as well, but not the traditional floss.

Back
Top Bottom