iOS 7/iTunes 11 Unappreciation thread Vol Stuck In Apple Prison

So I know there's an official thread, but nobody would ever see my vent. I'm pretty annoyed right now.

First of all the music app on the iPhone is now AWFUL. Straight horrible. I want the old one back. If I want to search for an artist, I can't just go to artist and have a list of however many albums they have. It has to show EVERY single song, making me scroll even more. Not to mention that it shows album art next to it just makes it take up more space. It's STUPID annoying.

Ok, now after I updated, my phone wouldn't sync with my iTunes because I was still running an old version of iTunes... so I was forced to update to 11. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate iTunes 11, it's not simple at all, the old version I had was SOOOOOO easy to use. I can't figure out how to just put a single individual song on my phone anymore...

When my phone is connected and I click on it in iTunes and click music, everything is greyed out, the only thing I can click is "Sync Music" and then it says I have to remove ALL my music, photos, videos, from my phone to sync it.

Screw you apple. >:

And my iPhone 5 die way too fast now, literally walk around with my charger in my back pocket smh

iOS 7 is LONG overdue. How do you stick with the same basic interface for 6 years?

The system itself is alright but I just can't stand how much they ruined iTunes. And it pisses me off that unless I want to wipe my music on my phone, I can't put anything new on it... :smh:

I will admit, iTunes is buns now. I hate how they completely eliminated the left side bar

I will admit, iTunes is buns now. I hate how they completely eliminated the left side bar

Yeah, that left sidebar made everything SO simple. I have so many friends who talk about how great the Samsung Galaxy phone is, and I always said well I like my iPhone because I have a Mac and I like Itunes.... That statement couldn't be more wrong now... lol.

if there's one complaint i have about ios7, its itunes.

i too don't like the scrolling through every song for each artist. clicking artist, then which album was way more convenience

Heard this might help the battery fix:

Settings > General > Background App Refresh > switch it to OFF

I for one don't mind the upgrade. I'm enjoying the fresh look. It also helps that I don't use my phone for music. iPod Classic from '08 FTW.

View media item 590572
Letters ere on the right bro to skip through your library easy

But yes music app has been destroyed, i aint too mad but they could fix the bugs

What I'm saying is, let's say I want to listen to... Dreams from J. Cole's Warm Up Mixtape..

So what I used to do is go to Artist -----> J. Cole -----> Warm Up ------>Dreams

So when I went to an Artist and it'd show me Born Sinner, Cole World, Friday Night Lights, The Warm Up and then once I select said album/mixtape I could select the song.

Now I select J. Cole, and it shows Born Sinner with album artwork and then every single track on Born Sinner that I have to scroll through, then I have to scroll through every song on Cole World, Friday Night Lights, before I finally get to the Warm Up....

>:

I don't like the update at all. Can't use iMessage or FaceTime. Battery life is trash, and the overall simplicity is lost.

iTunes 11 is sooooooooooooooo much more functional than 10.  I HATED it first but realized how much better it was after a couple of days. The Sidebar is still there in effect, you just have to click that arrow on a given song o drag-click a song or multiple songs it pops up. I actually find this more convenient. Not that it matters, the Play Next/Add to Up Next/Go Back to Up Next feature makes this iTunes the best yet by default.

I just hate how they've obsessed over displaying album art, I got 200GB of music on my laptop every song complete with album art, that's way too images at once when I'm viewing my library by Album or by Artist, makes viewing by those categories laggy as hell. 

I'd still be furious if I had to go back now though.

As for iTunes player on iOS7, it's definitely annoying that every song on a given album pops up when you're viewing by Artist but that's literally my only complaint.  Visually it definitely looks better. Don't see how it's horrible at all. 

Last edited:
The system itself is alright but I just can't stand how much they ruined iTunes. And it pisses me off that unless I want to wipe my music on my phone, I can't put anything new on it... :smh:

Go to iTunes with your phone not attached, hover over Edit, go to Preferences. From there, click on the Devices tab and check 'Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.' Voila.

Also, it might be because I manage my music on Google Play Music and use an Android device, but I can't tell the difference between iTunes 10 and 11. At all.

Last edited:
I hate that io7 has ruined my wallpapers.. They're all zoomed in and I cant scale them properly >:

And also when I'm playing music and my phone is locked.. when i unlock it the music skips :stoneface:

Quote:

Originally Posted by henz0  

I hate that io7 has ruined my wallpapers.. They're all zoomed in and I cant scale them properly 
mad.gif

Yea this is hella weak. 

I like ios7 for the most part EXCEPT for the music app as you mentioned. Messed it all up smh.

Wallpaper scaling is difficult as well

I've been using my mom's 5c just to see what's up its weird in a way just gotta wait for my iPhone to come in to play with it myself

iOS7 got me excited about Apple again IMO

I actually like the change. Maybe once you get used to it you may find it hard to go back to the prehistoric iOS6

Last edited:

Yeah, that left sidebar made everything SO simple. I have so many friends who talk about how great the Samsung Galaxy phone is, and I always said well I like my iPhone because I have a Mac and I like Itunes.... That statement couldn't be more wrong now... lol.

I still have my sidebar control + s

View media item 590572
Letters ere on the right bro to skip through your library easy

But yes music app has been destroyed, i aint too mad but they could fix the bugs

What I'm saying is, let's say I want to listen to... Dreams from J. Cole's Warm Up Mixtape..

So what I used to do is go to Artist -----> J. Cole -----> Warm Up ------>Dreams

So when I went to an Artist and it'd show me Born Sinner, Cole World, Friday Night Lights, The Warm Up and then once I select said album/mixtape I could select the song.

Now I select J. Cole, and it shows Born Sinner with album artwork and then every single track on Born Sinner that I have to scroll through, then I have to scroll through every song on Cole World, Friday Night Lights, before I finally get to the Warm Up....

>:

I feel your pain and i see your stress

Yeah the battery life is real whack. Joint dies within a hour of use.

I seriously havent experienced that yet

Back
Top Bottom