iPad owners: How do you like the new iOS 4.2?

balloonoboy

Banned
Yes CWrite, I have an iPad again.

Anyhow, the new software update released yesterday. To those with an iPad and who have installed it, how do you like it so far?

I like the folders as I have a crap load of apps. But the big thing, multitasking, is just alright. The iPad's lack of ram really makes it difficult to keep your spot in a game, or in a post without it starting over or having the page reload.

I haven't tried AirPrint or AirPlay. The latter requiring additional hardware to even function correctly. AirPrint supposedly requires one to have a certain type of printer to function correctly.

Overall, I think it definitely makes the UI more streamlined, but half of the updates are virtually useless without additional hardware.

Fin.

Yes CWrite, I have an iPad again.

Anyhow, the new software update released yesterday. To those with an iPad and who have installed it, how do you like it so far?

I like the folders as I have a crap load of apps. But the big thing, multitasking, is just alright. The iPad's lack of ram really makes it difficult to keep your spot in a game, or in a post without it starting over or having the page reload.

I haven't tried AirPrint or AirPlay. The latter requiring additional hardware to even function correctly. AirPrint supposedly requires one to have a certain type of printer to function correctly.

Overall, I think it definitely makes the UI more streamlined, but half of the updates are virtually useless without additional hardware.

Fin.

played with it.. the iPad is definitely waaay better with 4.2.. cant wait for gen2 (really considering a purchase)

played with it.. the iPad is definitely waaay better with 4.2.. cant wait for gen2 (really considering a purchase)

I was a huge iPad hater. I refuse to even think about buying one. Then my fiancé bought me one last week and I use it all the time. It's so useful, probably more so after I bought the 17" pro. Wake up in the morning, grab iPad off the dresser, check my mail, news, of course NT. Anyways, 4.2 is a nice update. The folders and "multi-tasking" were the biggest changes for me. I probably wont ever use any of the Air functions, I have a Sonos setup for streaming audio. Im trying to set up some home automation with iPad, eventually I want it to control everything in the house.

I was a huge iPad hater. I refuse to even think about buying one. Then my fiancé bought me one last week and I use it all the time. It's so useful, probably more so after I bought the 17" pro. Wake up in the morning, grab iPad off the dresser, check my mail, news, of course NT. Anyways, 4.2 is a nice update. The folders and "multi-tasking" were the biggest changes for me. I probably wont ever use any of the Air functions, I have a Sonos setup for streaming audio. Im trying to set up some home automation with iPad, eventually I want it to control everything in the house.

i used to be a hater too. but i wanna get something for the family instead of a laptop. i could get another tablet, but theyre so small lol. does the no-flash stuff take out much of the browsing experience?

i used to be a hater too. but i wanna get something for the family instead of a laptop. i could get another tablet, but theyre so small lol. does the no-flash stuff take out much of the browsing experience?

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

jailbreak. 

jailbreak. 

4.2 is a big update. I agree though that we can't take advantage of the upgrades fully. Overall I'm happy with it.

4.2 is a big update. I agree though that we can't take advantage of the upgrades fully. Overall I'm happy with it.

I have an iPad but I dont really use it so im not that knowledgable.. If you jailbreak it you can use flash????

I have an iPad but I dont really use it so im not that knowledgable.. If you jailbreak it you can use flash????

havent updated mine yet...i wanted to give it a few weeks to see if it caused any major issues...gen 2 ipad will definitely be a considered purchase, as it will most likely have a forward facing camera.
-sf77

havent updated mine yet...i wanted to give it a few weeks to see if it caused any major issues...gen 2 ipad will definitely be a considered purchase, as it will most likely have a forward facing camera.
-sf77

Multitasking makes a hell of a difference.

Pandora playing in the background. Quickmix
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
well, i hope you truly enjoy it this time. and not be disappointed like the first time.

ram is the reason why sometimes the page reloads?

that's one thing i hate about my droid. and i had the same problem with both iphones i had. it isn't an everyday thing.. but happen often enough to become annoying, especially when im reading something and i lose my place.

you could get skyfire, i haven't used it on an iOS devices but it runs okay on my droid. sometimes it won't load a video tho. even though there are videos that can be viewed.

laugh.gif
well, i hope you truly enjoy it this time. and not be disappointed like the first time.

ram is the reason why sometimes the page reloads?

that's one thing i hate about my droid. and i had the same problem with both iphones i had. it isn't an everyday thing.. but happen often enough to become annoying, especially when im reading something and i lose my place.

you could get skyfire, i haven't used it on an iOS devices but it runs okay on my droid. sometimes it won't load a video tho. even though there are videos that can be viewed.

Back
Top Bottom