Is $18k too much for a 1996 Impala SS?

27k milesClean vehicle historyCar is in great conditionPretty much a classic carI love this car and hope to own one one day. Most impalas in great condition with low miles are going for $15k and up easily. I think they are worth the money. You don't see many people driving these like the current impalas so it would definitely be a good look riding in one.

Bruh......

indifferent.gif

That's great mileage, But a little too much for 18k.

You said some selling for 15k? Where? I would pay 8-10k most for that car.

But if you love the car, it's in great condition, have the money, Why not?

its a lil pricey..but if its only 27k and its all matching numbers, it might be worth that much....tell you what, you gonna be bossin anyone around you
pimp.gif

it obviously wasnt driven...it was most likely owned by a collector who only drove it for the fluids to be changed

it obviously wasnt driven...it was most likely owned by a collector who only drove it for the fluids to be changed

dropping 18k on car from 1996 is such a logically grownup thing to do. You can practically buy a new car or really good used car for 18k. Think wisely.

seems a lil too much but, it has very low miles (if legit) and you Love the car so idk, will they come any lower on the price?

better know a good mechanic.....i heard those go to the shops often with costly repairs...

Don't get me wrong 90s Impalas are great cars, but IMO they are the single most overpriced car to come out of the 90s. Prices in the past few years have fallen because a number of OG owners are putting their cars up on the market. The fact GM actually made quite a few of these cars and only offered one interior option and 3 paint codes for the car also hurts current resale value because there are so many identical cars on the market at the same time. These cars will defiantly be desirable in the future, but not nearly as valuable as some people think. I mean... this ain't no GNX.  I could realistically see the 94-96 Callaway "Supernatural SS" hitting the 6 figure mark in the distant future though.

OP: If you really like the car considering the mileage its not a terrible price, but if you plan on driving the car regularly I would look for one with 50-75k miles. It will save you thousands of dollars and because the engine has been "exercised" It will usually run better and encounter less drive-ability problems during daily activity's... or burnouts
wink.gif

Personally though I would buy a 94-96 Cadillac Fleetwood, Buick Roadmaster or Chevorlet Caprice with an LT1 and soup it up for some serious sleeper effect. Just imagne the look on peoples faces when you take off on someone in a 650hp twin turbo LT1 powered car that looks like your grandpas
eek.gif
.   But not many people would go that route
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom