Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

thunder, you a bob cousy fan?

LOL
if you think I read 1 sentence 
laugh.gif

what i did suggest, was, it's stupid of you to compare OF to rappers who have been rapping since before these kids were born...

Oh you mean like the title of the post
laugh.gif

Yea when you say technique you're basically talking about rhyme scheme, though.

Im just glad somebody else recognized this. There is ALOT more to technique than just having a complex Rhyme Scheme, 

1)What you are defending as fact is the idea that rapper A Rhyme Scheme  is more intricate than rapper B. OK that is fact You proved this in your memoir

2)what i am defending is that There are several other factors as far as technique is considered, therefore Rapper A having a better Rhyme scheme than Rapper B does not = Rapper A having better "technical skill" .... all it means is that he has a better Rhyme Scheme in that verse........ i never argued that
ohwell.gif

what i did suggest, was, it's stupid of you to compare OF to rappers who have been rapping since before these kids were born...

laugh.gif

Im just glad somebody else recognized this. There is ALOT more to technique than just having a complex Rhyme Scheme, 

1)What you are defending as fact is the idea that rapper A Rhyme Scheme  is more intricate than rapper B. OK that is fact You proved this in your memoir

2)what i am defending is that There are several other factors as far as technique is considered, therefore Rapper A having a better Rhyme scheme than Rapper B does not = Rapper A having better "technical skill" .... all it means is that he has a better Rhyme Scheme in that verse........ i never argued that
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

technically as in technique not as in a technical loophole.

as well as

• [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allegory . [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alliteration[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allusion [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Analogy[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Assonance .[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Consonence [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Climax .[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Foreshadowing - [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hyperbole.[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Metaphor [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Onomatopoeia[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oxymoron[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Personification [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pun .[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simile [/font]
among many many others, such as breath control, cadence, tempo, flow, breath control, pronounciation, etc.

thanks, tho.

(thought i was crystal clear, guess not. it isnt MY fault you guys don't know what "technique" means when it refers to literature)

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

LOL
laugh.gif

lol

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

technically as in technique not as in a technical loophole.

as well as

• [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allegory . [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alliteration[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allusion [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Analogy[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Assonance .[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Consonence [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Climax .[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Foreshadowing - [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hyperbole.[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Metaphor [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Onomatopoeia[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oxymoron[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Personification [/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pun .[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simile [/font]
among many many others, such as breath control, cadence, tempo, flow, breath control, pronounciation, etc.

thanks, tho.

(thought i was crystal clear, guess not. it isnt MY fault you guys don't know what "technique" means when it refers to literature)

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

LOL
laugh.gif

lol

Originally Posted by tyisny

laugh.gif

and if you read my first post in this thread

it says NO in response to the OP's thread title...

you were arguing "best out now" being far-fetched...

but named dudes who came out in 92.......

thanks, tho

laugh.gif

and if you read my first post in this thread

it says NO in response to the OP's thread title...

you were arguing "best out now" being far-fetched...

but named dudes who came out in 92.......

thanks, tho

No this is what i was Arguing from my original post in here.... All things that have been stated by other people in this post..... In fact you were the first to compare these 17 year old kids to rap legends
wink.gif

1) what this kid is doing right now is comparable to Nas dropping one of the best Albums of all time

2) they rap as well as a young eminem

3) and the kids are also better rappers than every rapper from the 80's not named rakim & slick rick

No this is what i was Arguing from my original post in here.... All things that have been stated by other people in this post..... In fact you were the first to compare these 17 year old kids to rap legends
wink.gif

1) what this kid is doing right now is comparable to Nas dropping one of the best Albums of all time

3) and the kids are also better rappers than every rapper from the 80's not named rakim & slick rick

wink.gif

only the last quote is mine. and i fully stand by that statement. you DO realize the 80s were 30 years ago, right?

name ONE thing that hasnt improved in 30 years......OTHER THAN air quality....

i never compared OF freestyles to illmatic....in fact, ive never once heard any freestyles...ive heard 8 tracks like 5 times...

im a very very casual fan of these dudes....

you're acting shocked and surprised when i say the average rapper in 2011 is more complex than any rapper in 1988....

that's really not a big secret, dude...

basic bars. the art form was in its infancy.

you think cave drawings can objectively be compared to the mona lisa and venus?

a 4 minute joe budden freestyle, if you and i like it or not, is infinitely more complex than any lyric put out in all of the 80s....

but since you see "joe budden is more complex than legendary 80s rappers" you get all bent out of shape

IM BEING AS OBJECTIVE AS POSSIBLE

and you just keep saying "its subjective...lets argue subjectively so i can dismiss anything you argue as opinion!"

you think *$!%@@ was rapping like big daddy kane once nas dropped?

each step raises the bar....

the bar is always going to be higher than it ever was before...(well, thats kinda arguable now, with *$!%@@ lile lil b, rick ross and waka flocka eating...but thats another topic)

you cant come in "hip hoppy hip hip hoppy" in 2011

that ++*% rocked in 85

its an atrocity in 2011

you can like whoever you want as best rapper, or hold whichever verse you "feel" the most at any ranking you want

likewise, i can do the same

but when im sitting here analyzing rap as literature line for line and showing you tangible evidence as to why one is more complex and exhibits more technical skill and you say "thats your opinion that its good"

i just cant debate on and on with someone who is understanding and comprehending so little...

i tried to give you the benefit of the doubt...and not be condesending...and fully type out 700 word explainations as thoroughly as possible as to avoid any miscommunication....

but, its pointless.

nobody will ever be a better rapper than biggie, who died over a decade ago. no teenagers will ever drop an album as good as illmatic, which came out 20 years ago.

you win.

eyes.gif

i mean, why do you even listen to rap music anymore if biggie is the apex? lets just listen to biggie until you die in 50 years. There is no way anyone will ever be better.......ever. Rappers these days havent improved one iota since 96, which was 15 years ago, so why even listen to new rappers? they havent rapped better than 15 year old rhymes....

wink.gif

only the last quote is mine. and i fully stand by that statement. you DO realize the 80s were 30 years ago, right?

name ONE thing that hasnt improved in 30 years......OTHER THAN air quality....

i never compared OF freestyles to illmatic....in fact, ive never once heard any freestyles...ive heard 8 tracks like 5 times...

im a very very casual fan of these dudes....

you're acting shocked and surprised when i say the average rapper in 2011 is more complex than any rapper in 1988....

that's really not a big secret, dude...

basic bars. the art form was in its infancy.

you think cave drawings can objectively be compared to the mona lisa and venus?

a 4 minute joe budden freestyle, if you and i like it or not, is infinitely more complex than any lyric put out in all of the 80s....

but since you see "joe budden is more complex than legendary 80s rappers" you get all bent out of shape

IM BEING AS OBJECTIVE AS POSSIBLE

and you just keep saying "its subjective...lets argue subjectively so i can dismiss anything you argue as opinion!"

you think *$!%@@ was rapping like big daddy kane once nas dropped?

each step raises the bar....

the bar is always going to be higher than it ever was before...(well, thats kinda arguable now, with *$!%@@ lile lil b, rick ross and waka flocka eating...but thats another topic)

you cant come in "hip hoppy hip hip hoppy" in 2011

that ++*% rocked in 85

its an atrocity in 2011

you can like whoever you want as best rapper, or hold whichever verse you "feel" the most at any ranking you want

likewise, i can do the same

but when im sitting here analyzing rap as literature line for line and showing you tangible evidence as to why one is more complex and exhibits more technical skill and you say "thats your opinion that its good"

i just cant debate on and on with someone who is understanding and comprehending so little...

i tried to give you the benefit of the doubt...and not be condesending...and fully type out 700 word explainations as thoroughly as possible as to avoid any miscommunication....

but, its pointless.

nobody will ever be a better rapper than biggie, who died over a decade ago. no teenagers will ever drop an album as good as illmatic, which came out 20 years ago.

you win.

eyes.gif

i mean, why do you even listen to rap music anymore if biggie is the apex? lets just listen to biggie until you die in 50 years. There is no way anyone will ever be better.......ever. Rappers these days havent improved one iota since 96, which was 15 years ago, so why even listen to new rappers? they havent rapped better than 15 year old rhymes....

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

For the love of God stop typing, dude.
okay.

lemme get this straight...

you cannot see me type a single letter until you click on a post you know i'm typing in

to say

"for the love of god, stop typing, dude"?

roll.gif

sure thing, champ.  

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Wait, LarryDavidSwag, are you enPhan?

common knowledge.

does this change your perception of my views and opinions now? i assume it does, even though it shouldnt.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

For the love of God stop typing, dude.
okay.

lemme get this straight...

you cannot see me type a single letter until you click on a post you know i'm typing in

to say

"for the love of god, stop typing, dude"?

roll.gif

sure thing, champ.  

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Wait, LarryDavidSwag, are you enPhan?

common knowledge.

does this change your perception of my views and opinions now? i assume it does, even though it shouldnt.

No, I have no stake in this argument. I had no idea though, I just thought the incredibly annoying style of typing was too similar to be a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom