Is Eric Avar the goat designer of Nike performance kicks ?

I love all the shoes that were designed by this guy. He definitely know how to design basketball shoes. My favorite includes 2k4 line, Kobes line, Hyperdunketc. I'm sure he still has something crazy under his sleeve for the upcoming Kobe V and VI if Kobe still with Nike by then.
pimp.gif

Foamposite One get no mention? One of the greatest non-Jordan shoe ever. Dude is definitely up there.

Add to that list the Air Penny I's, back in 1995 when shoes were still very conventional...they wererevolutionary. Then came the Foamposites like heelintoe mentioned.

The Most Original and Functionally sound designer yes....

The fact that he alone came up with that Outrigger makes him worth his weight in Gold...

And a Nice down to earth dude to boot. Wish they would have let him put Zoom in the Hyperdunk though...

He is a very cool guy. It's no wonder his desk is right next to Tinker's(to the left of him) in the "new" Innovation Kitchen. Aaron Cooper isanother designer on that elite level. It's too bad we lost him to Nike Europe.

MoO: Aaron's heading up the training division. He's been back from europe for a loooong time. Your info is suspect.

I'm sorry vocaldigital23, not all of us around here keep up with every single employee, and it's not my job to. Keep in mind, wedon't all work in the same buildings. There are people around Campus that have worked for 15+ years and they haven't seen/met everyone. It does happen.For those that know how "Campus life" really is, they'll understand what I'm saying.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Add to that list the Air Penny I's, back in 1995 when shoes were still very conventional...they were revolutionary. Then came the Foamposites like heelintoe mentioned.

The 95... Conventional for nikes?

Man, you've got to be kidding me.

The zoom flight five's. The jordan XI's, the Griffey Maxes, the Air Worms, Air Max 95, Air Fly, Diamond Turf Trainer 2.
Air Total Max, Air Uptempo, DVST's, Webber's Sensations, Air Max CW,

Did you forget the

AIR SLANT?!?!?!?! You're killing me fam. That was Nike's golden year.

If we're talking strictly Nike Basketball, then probably yes.

But Nike overall? No one is close to the impact Tinker has had on the entire company. People don't even realize what all he has been responsible for.

^^
Impact yes, because Tinker was assigned to Mike... but I think Tink went back and relied on the help of others who don't get credit, as Tinker still todaygoes back to the Kitchen to get input from other Kitchen designers...

I wouldn't even call Avar a Nike Basketball designer... but a Senior Kitchen designer....

He and he alone developed that outrigger which has probably saved ALOT of ankles out there. Straight ingenius....

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Add to that list the Air Penny I's, back in 1995 when shoes were still very conventional...they were revolutionary. Then came the Foamposites like heelintoe mentioned.

The 95... Conventional for nikes?

Man, you've got to be kidding me.

The zoom flight five's. The jordan XI's, the Griffey Maxes, the Air Worms, Air Max 95, Air Fly, Diamond Turf Trainer 2.
Air Total Max, Air Uptempo, DVST's, Webber's Sensations, Air Max CW,

Did you forget the

AIR SLANT?!?!?!?! You're killing me fam. That was Nike's golden year.
Yo, I'm going to own up to that brain fart my dude, it's been awhile. To make mattersworse I had some of those on the list, and then even a few years earlier I had the Air Carnivores which were FAR from conventional.
smh.gif
at me.

Seriously dude, how freakin' hot would that be? Jordans+Pennys? Man, I'd camp out for something like that (not really, I'd never sleep on thestreet for shoes but you get the picture edwin
tongue.gif
)

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

What's outrigger? Excuse my ignorance.

the sneaker"s "teeth" that prevent your foot from rolling off the lateral side.

Back
Top Bottom