is food really killing us? vol. vegan

I was listening to Combat Jack and he had Russell Simmons talking that vegan stuff and then it just got me thinking

Real talk my mom died at 55 young as f IMO from cancer and I been shook every since then. Do you really think the hormone infested animals we eat are the reason for the spike in cancer? Do you care? Anybody vegan on here?

I been a pescesterian for almost two years solely because I went to BBQs and they had these HUGE chicken wings and I just felt sick :lol: :smh: I never got down with those big *** turkey wings or legs at the fair either I doubt just eating seafood is any better than chicken, steak, beef or whatever but what do y'all think?

If you're getting wild caught seafood you're probably alright. The farm raised stuff can have a lot of toxins from dirty pens. They live in their ****.

Last edited:
We pay for food to give us cancer then pay for cancer treatment.

This guy was telling me that he was having a convo with a man from some other country and dude swears that our food is poison. Dude said that he never saw yellow urine until he came to the states.

2 things thats bound to happened to everyone no matter your diet.

1. You're gonna get too old to do damn everything, and..
2. ..you're gonna die.

I eat whatever.

*kanye shrug*

meat eating was essential for the development of human brains back when we were still were scratching ourselves with rock and flinging feces at one another ...

iono know where i was going with that statement, if someone wants to run with it, all yours...

Last edited:
Part of the reason we're seeing a spike in cancer and other diseases is because we're living long enough to get them. Look at lifespans over the past century or two. Social Security was set at 65 because the average lifespan was 67-68. Now, we're living at least a decade longer. During the middle ages most people only lived to be 50.

We can't just link "cancer" to our food. there are many forms of cancer and many different contributing factors that lead to "cancer".

I think there are a lot of reason why we are seeing higher rates of cancer, so you can't just pin it on our food supply.

Plus, being vegan puts at risk for many nutritional deficiencies. Add to that we spray crops with pesticides too.

So I don't think changing your diet will be some kind of magic bullet brah. Just try to be as healthy as possible in all areas of life, buy highly quality food (all kinds), avoid the processes stuff, hope you get lucky, and go in for regular checks up.

I have kinda resigned myself to the fact will probably get it one day, just hoping it will be as late in my life as possible and I catch it early enough to have a chance to beat it. :\

Last edited:
We pay for food to give us cancer then pay for cancer treatment.

This guy was telling me that he was having a convo with a man from some other country and dude swears that our food is poison. Dude said that he never saw yellow urine until he came to the states.
It's all a business b

2 things thats bound to happened to everyone no matter your diet.

1. You're gonna get too old to do damn everything, and..
2. ..you're gonna die.

I eat whatever.

*kanye shrug*

yea sorry your mom died young man

all my fam die at 80+................alcohol......smoked

everyone die diff you can be healthy as hell and die before someone who takes care of themself

Part of the reason we're seeing a spike in cancer and other diseases is because we're living long enough to get them. Look at lifespans over the past century or two. Social Security was set at 65 because the average lifespan was 67-68. Now, we're living at least a decade longer. During the middle ages most people only lived to be 50.

We can't just link "cancer" to our food. there are many forms of cancer and many different contributing factors that lead to "cancer".

Yea but at the same time people are getting cancer, diabetes and heart disease at younger ages.

While I agree that your longevity depends on a myriad of factors, food is absolutely fundamental. It's like if you have a Ferrari, but put donkey piss in it instead of ultra-premium gas, it will damage the vehicle. There's also the problem of decades of disinformation about nutrition like fat being "bad" for you (so low-fat processed foods are promoted), red meat being fine (now we know it causes cancer), more emphasis on "protein" rather than greens and veggies, etc.

Last edited:
Vegetarian for 3 years,could never go back to eating like that again...Kudos to everyone that can maintain it though,about drove me crazy :lol:

Vegetarian for 3 years,could never go back to eating like that again...Kudos to everyone that can maintain it though,about drove me crazy :lol:
84% of vegetarians end up going back to meat. You'll be back to the dark side soon

84% of vegetarians end up going back to meat. You'll be back to the dark side soon
My bad I worded that poorly, I was a vegetarian for 3 years I'm back to eating meat again,I was meaning the veggie diet was driving me crazy

Vegetarian for 3 years,could never go back to eating like that again...Kudos to everyone that can maintain it though,about drove me crazy
laugh.gif
I'm curious: what do vegetarians usually eat?

I'm curious: what do vegetarians usually eat?
I was only vegetarian not vegan so I still ate animal products like cheese,milk,etc just no meat...I basically survived on pasta and fruits.A typical breakfast would be something like,toast,cereal or oatmeal,and fruit.Lunch would be a protein shake and nuts or some sort of protein bar.Dinner would be a pasta dish and vegetables...I lost a lot of weight and was definitely more healthy physically but mentally didn't feel as good...

I was dating this chick that legit talked me into going vegan for a while. I told my mom and she flipped.

"What?! You're man! You gotta eat red meat! Hell no!!"

:lol: Straight up cooked me up a steak right then.

In my line of business I deal with a lot of the vegetarian/vegan crowd.

Literally the craziest, most psychotic group of people are the RAW vegans. In other words, they do not consume any animal products and they do not cook their food over 110 degrees Fahrenheit or something like that. So at most they are either dehydrating foods or fermenting them (like kimchi or kombucha). I'm sorry but how the hell is that beneficial? They claim cooking the food destroys all the enzymes that are good for us but I have yet to see them point me to any science that backs that up. But what blows my mind even more is if I'm sautéing some garlic and onion in coconut oil in my kitchen, put some beans, peppers, spices, etc. in there, they are gonna be like "na I'm good" even though they are smelling that beautiful scent of all the good food. That's just insane to me.

As far as health goes, I think the best way to approach it is to make sure you are consuming a lot of plant matter (leafy greens, herbs, fruits, veggies, nuts, etc) and even better if they are organically grown or just grown without pesticides (the word organic is extremely abused but that's another conversation). I've cut my meat consumption by probably 80% in the past year by just not buying meat at the store (it's too expensive) and experimenting with several different vegetarian style dishes. I have friends who eat meat 2x day that come over and I make vegetarian dishes and they love it. But the meat, carb source, vegetable, dessert - standard idea of a meal has people tricked to not really think outside the box. I own my own small farm and we grow a lot of leafy greens and herbs so I just add them to everything and get tons of nutrition. It makes eating this way a whole lot easier.

Still love seafood but it's expensive and I try to get it from good sources like local fisherman in the area or if it's flash frozen and wild caught. It's funny the misconception about farmed fish here in the USA- most people think of dirty ponds of tilapia swimming in muck of their own poo. I wouldn't touch farmed fish from Asia as the regulations are much less strict there, but aquaculture here in the US is pretty good and you shouldn't be afraid of eating fish farmed in the USA. It's just way more expensive than stuff shipped in from China. I still eat meat but I make sure it's from good sources - grass fed beef, free range chicken, rarely eat pork products though. I've seen pig farms up close and it is disgusting. Pigs raised in pens with nothing but a sloped concrete pad that drains into a canal type thing that runs the length of all the pens. So there is basically a slow moving stream of pig poop and piss that the pigs go and roll around in all day to stay cool. The smell is so nasty too. I could smell the swine from 0.5 mile away. Saw the owner of the farm shoot a pig in the head like it was nothing too. He goes "be right with you guys", goes around to a cage that had a piglet in it, grabs a revolver from the shelf above, and one pop and it was done. His employees were draining the blood and loading it into the buyers truck and the owner walked back over to us without washing his hands or anything and carried on conversation like it was nothing lol.

Last edited:
I work at a hydroponic farm for my day job where I also grow a lot of things that I end up eating and giving to my family. We are a R&D farm so thankfully I'm not pressured to sell this stuff, I can just give it away. I think everyone should learn to grow their own food, at least part of it. You aren't going to replace your whole grocery list from stuff from your garden but you can supplement it especially with herbs and greens (easier to grow).

View media item 1830467View media item 1830468View media item 1830469View media item 1830470

I was dating this chick that legit talked me into going vegan for a while. I told my mom and she flipped.

"What?! You're man! You gotta eat red meat! Hell no!!"

:lol: Straight up cooked me up a steak right then.

:lol:

I'm so interested in cutting out pork and red meat but I'm just not displine enough. I wanna do straight turkey, seafood, chicken. Also wanna cut out white bread but I love Hawaiian rolls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom