Is it bad that DOGGYSTYLE is the only album I have from Snoop Dogg??

Browsing through my iTunes, I kicked it to some Doggystyle.  I got the urge to listen to more Snoop, and believe it or not, this is his only full album I have...  What are his other solid albums??  Besides his big singles, do I need to dig into his discography?

You could get away with only having Doggystyle & his big singles... His albums took a hit after his debut. Granted he's got a good amount of solid singles & features, his full length albums were never on par after Doggystyle.

That being said, Doggystyle is a classic & will never get old.
pimp.gif
Dre spazzed with production on this one
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I only have Doggystyle, his 2 No Limit albums and Blue Carpet Treatment. The latter one is a very pleasant surprise ("Imagine"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
), but other
than the singles, I haven't listened to his No Limit albums in years.

Doggystyle, The Last Meal, No Limit Top Dogg  & Blue Carpet Treatment are his best albums, the rest is meh

Nope. That album is solid from start to finish and has stood the test of time. While he has had some good stuff since in my opinion it's the only album that's good in its entirety. Obviously opinions will vary but I think it's safe to say you're not going to get clowned on just having this as your only full Snoop album.

Dude's first 4 albums are good to me. Granted, every song isn't a banger, but they're solid albums IMO. After that, not so much.

If you gon have one that's the one to have bruh....so my answer to topic title is no

I must have been livin' under a rock at the time, but how & why did Snoop join No Limit?

"Doggystyle" is the only Snoop album I own. I'm wit' you OP.

I %@!$+ with Rhythm & Gangsta in addition to Doggystyle and Tha Blue Carpet Treatment. Even though gangsta Snoop > pimp Snoop, I like the pimp %!%+ more.

No, his albums are usually weak but his singles+features are on point. Dude can turn any song into a hit, and that's why he's the most well known rapper on earth 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 What other rapper do you know that can get on Katy Perry's "California Girls" and sound like he really belongs in the song? Snuck into his performance at UCSB a few weeks back and I have to say it was the most fun concert I've ever been to

I was actually kinda lowkey feeling some tracks off Doggfather lol. (his 2nd album, last one on Death Row). He does have a ton of albums, and hits on every single one. And his latest stuff isn't bad either, just not like Death Row Snoop (obviously).

But it's not wrong, Doggystyle is a certified classic & one of my favorite albums of all time.

You should also have The Last Meal. After that you just need a few singles and album cuts from the rest of his library.

I thought R&G: The Masterpiece was good & also Blue Carpet Treatment. After that you can pass on them.

Truth is no one will ever remember Snoop for anything but Doggystyle and the Chronic when it comes to his musical career. He will always be popular but if you ever wanted to go back and really listen to his "classics" it would be those two albums. Everything after that is just boring. He has singles here and there but they're all forgettable. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I must have been livin' under a rock at the time, but how & why did Snoop join No Limit?
I think it was a combination of Snoop running scared from Suge Knight, and No Limit was still mega hot at the time.
And correction on my last post about 2 No Limit albums. I mixed up 'The Last Meal' with 'Da Game is To Be Sold...'. Never heard Last Meal. Maybe I should
laugh.gif

Rhythm & Gangsta is one of my favorites ever...just smooth. Blue Carpet was cool too.

Back
Top Bottom