Is it possible to live on 44k a year in LA? (The LA THREAD!...City Living, Girls and Social Scene).

Just got a job after 4 months after graduating college. The company will be paying me 44k a year. I am extremely excited. I want to save up for 4 months at home and move out. I am thinking somewhere close to downtown Long Beach close enough to the bar scene. Any advice?

Last edited:
For a job earlier this year I was gonna stay in LA for six months, I found a spot 10mins from Staples Center for $550 a month utilities included. It's possible. 

Don't forget to sit in ur car at night at a possible place u will live and see how it is.. which nter had dis idea

How did you pull that off?
I have friends out there, they made some calls, it helps to have ears to the street. Don't think you're gonna get a "bachelor pad" for $550 a month, I was going there for work, $3300 for 6 months...Hostel like joint, private bathroom and shower for $150 more. The job fell through and it was just too long away from my family.

Last edited:

I have friends out there, they made some calls, it helps to have ears to the street. Don't think you're gonna get a "bachelor pad" for $550 a month, I was going there for work, $3300 for 6 months...Hostel like joint, private bathroom and shower for $150 more. The job fell through and it was just too long away from my family.

looking to pay 1100 a month.

I pay 1100/mo in hollywood for a Studio. Utilities and Internet included.

44k yes you will be fine.

I pay 1100/mo in hollywood for a Studio. Utilities and Internet included.

44k yes you will be fine.
grin.gif

Definitely possible, I make about $50k a year and I live in Mid-Wilshire at a decent apartment for 1k a month.

Just got a job after 4 months after graduating college. The company will be paying me 44k a year. I am extremely excited. I want to save up for 4 months at home and move out. I am thinking somewhere close to downtown Long Beach close enough to the bar scene. Any advice?

no way. you need at least 100k

$BANDZ$

Back
Top Bottom