is it true that if you crack your knuckles...

it will eventually lead to arthritis? i have a nasty habit of cracking my knuckles and i heard that if you do it to much it causes arthritis... anyone got anybackground info on this urban legend? any feedback is much appreciated. thanks.

i remember hearin that when i was little i doubt it though, i think air or something causes the noise when u crack ur knuckles i forgot but its something

not true at all i also asked my doctor and he said its the release of co2 in between your joints
laugh.gif

I believe it's gas bubbles bursting when you crack your knuckles. I don't think it's really bad.

I believe it's gas bubbles bursting when you crack your knuckles.
yeah. i read a couple articles and i heard it's something like gas bubbles and it isn't harmful.

arthritis? no.

but recent studies suggest that it could lead to a stretching of the ligaments that keep that particular joint stable ~ not a problem now, but it could beproblematic when you're older.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

arthritis? no.

but recent studies suggest that it could lead to a stretching of the ligaments that keep that particular joint stable ~ not a problem now, but it could be problematic when you're older.
tongue.gif
i read that too somewhere.. or something similar suggesting that it will cause you lose your grip

heyy i just cracked my first knuckle! i cant move my ring finger now though......

^LOL.

Some lady gave me a loong lecture about how cracking your knuckles can lead to arthiritis in a waiting room at a Honda dealership while I was waiting to get myoil changed right after I cracked only one knuckle. I just gave her the stoneface and bounced.

indifferent.gif
mad.gif

all i know is that, it is not good for you. short term or long term, it is just no wise.
that is aside from the fact that it is disgusting.

I used to work for Berkeley Orthopedics in the arthritis center. That's the very first thing I asked the docs
laugh.gif
. Completly harmless.

Back
Top Bottom