Is It Wrong to ask a Body Shop if they can save me my deductible?

I got in an accident, and dont have the money to pay the $500 deductible to get it fixed. It's 5,000 worth of damage.

Is it wrong to call the bodyshop and ask them to work it out with me?
eyes.gif

Are you saying you want the body shop to cover you deductible so that they can get the insurance money to work on your car?

If so I would say good luck. But I doubt it. Unless you are boys with the owner or something. But if you are just planning on strolling into a body shop andsaying "hey front me 500 for my deductible and I will give you my car to work on" then I dont think thats gonna happen. But GL anyways its worth ashot.

damn son you can come up with 500?

5k worth of damage what kinda car is it? pics? what happen?

For that much worth of damage, I would imagine so. They would probably be able to profit off of that even if they only billed you for half--If you go to asmaller one, I'd bet they'd be glad to help you in return for getting that insurance money in.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

For that much worth of damage, I would imagine so. They would probably be able to profit off of that even if they only billed you for half--If you go to a smaller one, I'd bet they'd be glad to help you in return for getting that insurance money in.
if you waive a deductible then you basically take 500 out of your labor so the cost would have to be a lot in order to waive it and still makemoney.. what i usually do is save half have the customer pay 250 which isnt bad imo

Most body shops (at least around here) will offer to pay your deductible for you or at least half, they just charge the insurance company more I believe.

found a body shop that will cover my full deductible and provide me with a rental for a week AND he is reputable.

yay

Back
Top Bottom