Is Kingdom Come weak or underrated?

Underrated. I'm sorry a lot of people on here are all about production. That shouldn't make or break an album. This is what hip hop has become?Theproduction on Ill and Stillmatic where not that great by today's standards, yet all of you still revere them as some of the greatest albums to date. A loitof dudes got away from the essence of hip hop and trash souja boy, but when someone come with something crazy lyrical that might not have the best productionyou'll criticizes that also. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM HIP-HOP!

Originally Posted by theo6kid

Underrated. I'm sorry a lot of people on here are all about production. That shouldn't make or break an album. This is what hip hop has become?The production on Ill and Stillmatic where not that great by today's standards, yet all of you still revere them as some of the greatest albums to date. A loit of dudes got away from the essence of hip hop and trash souja boy, but when someone come with something crazy lyrical that might not have the best production you'll criticizes that also. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM HIP-HOP!

If you referring to Illmatic the production is great so what you say is blasphemy, and why would I compare that album's production to todays standards?and if I did and KC is not up to par to today's standards then that means it really is weak. The album wasnt all that lyrical either, you cant tell meevery track dude was spittin flames and issh you could relate to

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Underrated. I'm sorry a lot of people on here are all about production. That shouldn't make or break an album. This is what hip hop has become?The production on Ill and Stillmatic where not that great by today's standards, yet all of you still revere them as some of the greatest albums to date. A loit of dudes got away from the essence of hip hop and trash souja boy, but when someone come with something crazy lyrical that might not have the best production you'll criticizes that also. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM HIP-HOP!

If you referring to Illmatic the production is great so what you say is blasphemy, and why would I compare that album's production to todays standards? and if I did and KC is not up to par to today's standards then that means it really is weak. The album wasnt all that lyrical either, you cant tell me every track dude was spittin flames and issh you could relate to

smokin.gif

The beats and the quality of the album was so more mature then anything else that was out. He came with something that people weren't ready for.Thewhole feel of the album was different than anything that he had done before, and he did it well. What makes it bad? I hear everyone screaming for an accapellaon an album that they don't like.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

If you referring to Illmatic the production is great so what you say is blasphemy, and why would I compare that album's production to todays standards? and if I did and KC is not up to par to today's standards then that means it really is weak. The album wasnt all that lyrical either, you cant tell me every track dude was spittin flames and issh you could relate to

smokin.gif

The beats and the quality of the album was so more mature then anything else that was out. He came with something that people weren't ready for.The whole feel of the album was different than anything that he had done before, and he did it well. What makes it bad? I hear everyone screaming for an accapella on an album that they don't like.

The beats are pretty bad 1st off like I said earlier in this thread other producers doin the album may be able to salvage the album beat wise. Now when itcomes to lyrics aint no solving that. Ppl keep saying the word "mature"
laugh.gif
well I'll say it like I this I to wanted Jigga to go in a diff direction but if this is his take on a mature album then Id rather him go backto what he's good at. The album wasn't good for a mature album even tho I dont think it was one. The same dude who says he wishes he could rap likeCommon Sense dropped a pretty commercial album in my eyes but to each his own. I wouldve liked this album to actually be mature or if he tried this earlier inhis career but oh well . Hit n a miss evevn he knows it the only reason he came with this "concept" album, why not try again? He actually couldachanged the game if he kept goin in that direction and possibly make it ok for there to be no age limit on hip hop if the rap content isn't what you expectbut he failed and moved on. If this is a mature album its not a good one. You makin this album sound like its somethin that is ahead of its time and will beappreciated years after, it wont. Take Oh My God for example, great beat, they lyrics were hot......if you heard em the beat is drownin out the lyrics and/orOl Man Jigga's delivery is extremely weak on it. Like I said to each his own aint nobody convincin me otherwise that this album is weak overall

smokin.gif

A good album = good production and good lyrics, its not rocket science.

The lyrics were good as usual (although I did not like his flow on a lot of tracks), but the production was doo-doo for the most part.

Its a bad album.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

A good album = good production and good lyrics, its not rocket science.

The lyrics were good as usual (although I did not like his flow on a lot of tracks), but the production was doo-doo for the most part.

Its a bad album.

somewhat true

I liked it. wasn't great but it had some nice tracks although there are a handful of tracks I'd skip.

Prelude,
pimp.gif

It was a good album for maybe other rappers, but not good enough for Jayz, he made a sick album with AG though

kibgdome come is a classic...it shows his growth and how he raps bout his life and the world 2day
prelude
do u wanna ride-my fav i like how he talks to his cuz through the song and the good times he had will have
30 something-great song shows his growth
Minority Report-explains itself
lostones-gret concept and way he talks bout his nephew and beyonce
damn everysong is hot on this cd each of them has its meaning to it ....this is my fav jay album

Back
Top Bottom