Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

after the pass to Pao then dunk in traffic 24 just had against OKC, Id say its time to lcok this thread up.

after the pass to Pao then dunk in traffic 24 just had against OKC, Id say its time to lcok this thread up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Kobe went on Niketalk and saw this garbage thread then decided to put on a show
pimp.gif

I made this thread to ask if Kobe is still exciting to watch, not player A vs player B. Bottom line Kobe is still one of the most exciting players to watch, dude is up there with the best players of all time. People always say Kareem, West, Bird are greater than him. How many of you were even alive to witness them in their prime? Kobe Bryant is the best player to me because i grew up watching him my whole life. Alot of the older heads might say Jordan or Magic, but Ive never witnessed them ever, all I have seen is highlights.

I made this thread to ask if Kobe is still exciting to watch, not player A vs player B. Bottom line Kobe is still one of the most exciting players to watch, dude is up there with the best players of all time. People always say Kareem, West, Bird are greater than him. How many of you were even alive to witness them in their prime? Kobe Bryant is the best player to me because i grew up watching him my whole life. Alot of the older heads might say Jordan or Magic, but Ive never witnessed them ever, all I have seen is highlights.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Jordan also went on a vacation for 2 years!!!
Vacation? You go try playing baseball at that level. 

Are You Kidding Me?Baseball!
laugh.gif

Are you serious? You think AAA baseball is easy? Slap yourself! I'm a huge Kobe supporter but comments like this are utterly stupid.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Jordan also went on a vacation for 2 years!!!
Vacation? You go try playing baseball at that level. 

Are You Kidding Me?Baseball!
laugh.gif

Are you serious? You think AAA baseball is easy? Slap yourself! I'm a huge Kobe supporter but comments like this are utterly stupid.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

at age 32 he was quicker than Kobe ever was... and yes all of that happened in the same series. lol

That's not true. At age 32 he was quicker than Kobe is at age 32, but in his prime Kobe was a better athlete than 32 y/o Jordan. And nobody is arguing that MJ wasn't more athletic than Kobe at his peak. 
MJ's slightly superior athleticism, bigger hands, and the fact that he worked himself into higher percentage shots (and thus his higher FG%) are what separate him from Kobe IMO. Kobe settles for long/difficult jumpers too often rather than working himself into a good midrange shot like Jordan used to. 

But don't forget about Kobe's recent issues with his knees, that has been no small thing. Before he got it drained when the playoffs started last year, he could barely even bend that knee. 

Like i said kobe is still very effective and still fun to watch but... exciting? not so much at this point in his career.
33 yr old MJ was still doing stuff  like this. 

That kind of explosivnes at age 33, now that's exciting! 
eek.gif

at age 32 he was quicker than Kobe ever was... and yes all of that happened in the same series. lol

That's not true. At age 32 he was quicker than Kobe is at age 32, but in his prime Kobe was a better athlete than 32 y/o Jordan. And nobody is arguing that MJ wasn't more athletic than Kobe at his peak. 
MJ's slightly superior athleticism, bigger hands, and the fact that he worked himself into higher percentage shots (and thus his higher FG%) are what separate him from Kobe IMO. Kobe settles for long/difficult jumpers too often rather than working himself into a good midrange shot like Jordan used to. 

But don't forget about Kobe's recent issues with his knees, that has been no small thing. Before he got it drained when the playoffs started last year, he could barely even bend that knee. 

Like i said kobe is still very effective and still fun to watch but... exciting? not so much at this point in his career.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by mikedamz

eek.gif

Kobes been in the league for 15 years, MJ at age 32 was in his 11th season

eek.gif

Kobes been in the league for 15 years, MJ at age 32 was in his 11th season

Out of all of these arguments and essays, i am really surprised no one said anything about how horrible the title sounds.
laugh.gif

Out of all of these arguments and essays, i am really surprised no one said anything about how horrible the title sounds.
laugh.gif

Once again.. Laker stans/Kobe stans.. Which I happen to be a Lakers and Kobe fan..

Is there really anything wrong with saying Kobe is #2 behind MJ? We all know it is true.

We always are looking for the next Michael for a reason. And Kobe is the closest we will probably ever get to MJ..

Once again.. Laker stans/Kobe stans.. Which I happen to be a Lakers and Kobe fan..

Is there really anything wrong with saying Kobe is #2 behind MJ? We all know it is true.

We always are looking for the next Michael for a reason. And Kobe is the closest we will probably ever get to MJ..

eek.gif

I don't disagree with what you said, but that was a weak dunk to post to back up your argument
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kobe could still easily do that dunk.

eek.gif

I don't disagree with what you said, but that was a weak dunk to post to back up your argument
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kobe could still easily do that dunk.

Back
Top Bottom