Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by mikedamz

at age 32 he was quicker than Kobe ever was... and yes all of that happened in the same series. lol
That's not true. At age 32 he was quicker than Kobe is at age 32, but in his prime Kobe was a better athlete than 32 y/o Jordan. And nobody is arguing that MJ wasn't more athletic than Kobe at his peak. 
MJ's slightly superior athleticism, bigger hands, and the fact that he worked himself into higher percentage shots (and thus his higher FG%) are what separate him from Kobe IMO. Kobe settles for long/difficult jumpers too often rather than working himself into a good midrange shot like Jordan used to. 

But don't forget about Kobe's recent issues with his knees, that has been no small thing. Before he got it drained when the playoffs started last year, he could barely even bend that knee. 
Like i said kobe is still very effective and still fun to watch but... exciting? not so much at this point in his career.
33 yr old MJ was still doing stuff  like this. 

That kind of explosivnes at age 33, now that's exciting! 
eek.gif

I don't disagree with what you said, but that was a weak dunk to post to back up your argument
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kobe could still easily do that dunk.

weak dunk? check out 30 yr old kobe? 
roll.gif

good job by kobe bending his knees but MJ's at 33 clearly had more UPs. 

at age 32 he was quicker than Kobe ever was... and yes all of that happened in the same series. lol
That's not true. At age 32 he was quicker than Kobe is at age 32, but in his prime Kobe was a better athlete than 32 y/o Jordan. And nobody is arguing that MJ wasn't more athletic than Kobe at his peak. 
MJ's slightly superior athleticism, bigger hands, and the fact that he worked himself into higher percentage shots (and thus his higher FG%) are what separate him from Kobe IMO. Kobe settles for long/difficult jumpers too often rather than working himself into a good midrange shot like Jordan used to. 

But don't forget about Kobe's recent issues with his knees, that has been no small thing. Before he got it drained when the playoffs started last year, he could barely even bend that knee. 
Like i said kobe is still very effective and still fun to watch but... exciting? not so much at this point in his career.
33 yr old MJ was still doing stuff  like this. 

That kind of explosivnes at age 33, now that's exciting! 
eek.gif

I don't disagree with what you said, but that was a weak dunk to post to back up your argument
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kobe could still easily do that dunk.

weak dunk? check out 30 yr old kobe? 
roll.gif

good job by kobe bending his knees but MJ's at 33 clearly had more UPs. 

Kobe just yammed on 3 people off like 2 steps tonight. He clearly still has explosiveness...just because he doesn't use it as often doesn't mean he can't. But your argument is just stupid anyways. I digress

Kobe just yammed on 3 people off like 2 steps tonight. He clearly still has explosiveness...just because he doesn't use it as often doesn't mean he can't. But your argument is just stupid anyways. I digress

33 yr old MJ was still doing stuff like this.

That kind of explosivnes at age 33,now that's exciting!
eek.gif

Crazy that you post that link, then had Kobe right next to it
laugh.gif

33 yr old MJ was still doing stuff like this.

That kind of explosivnes at age 33,now that's exciting!
eek.gif

Crazy that you post that link, then had Kobe right next to it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Once again.. Laker stans/Kobe stans.. Which I happen to be a Lakers and Kobe fan..

Is there really anything wrong with saying Kobe is #2 behind MJ? We all know it is true.

We always are looking for the next Michael for a reason. And Kobe is the closest we will probably ever get to MJ..

In terms of style of play? Yes.

In terms of actual production? Absolutely not. He is still exciting to watch though.

Once again.. Laker stans/Kobe stans.. Which I happen to be a Lakers and Kobe fan..

Is there really anything wrong with saying Kobe is #2 behind MJ? We all know it is true.

We always are looking for the next Michael for a reason. And Kobe is the closest we will probably ever get to MJ..

In terms of actual production? Absolutely not. He is still exciting to watch though.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

There it is.  So in conclusion we'll just say that Kobe is exciting to watch but yet instill is a "cheap imitation...........for these generations".

There it is.  So in conclusion we'll just say that Kobe is exciting to watch but yet instill is a "cheap imitation...........for these generations".

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Glad you fellas could agree on something, please leave it at that and not try and speak for an entire generation.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Glad you fellas could agree on something, please leave it at that and not try and speak for an entire generation.

I wouldn't go with cheap imitation... I would go with if we are trying to make the comparison, he is the only one who can even come close.

In terms of style, determination, and yes production.

I wouldn't go with cheap imitation... I would go with if we are trying to make the comparison, he is the only one who can even come close.

If you actually want to argue production, you are going to look bad.

Please, elaborate.  I'm listening to your argument. 

Back
Top Bottom