Is Lebron James still the best basketball player right now?

Yes.

I want someone who's neutral(who doesn't hate the guy) to explain why they think that he isnt :lol:

Right now at this very moment.. is he?
tenor.gif

He's reached the place that many older great players get to,

for 82 games I might pick Harden, KD, Curry ect,

But for 7 games of a championship level basketball?

Give me Lebron.

if its not Bron, then Id say KD.

But at what point does curry/klay/kd cancel eachother out tho? It could be KD at this point, but ....

I made this thread a couple years ago when everyone thought Curry had overtaken him... LeBron proved everyone wrong then. I'd say that title still belongs to Bron. Although the gap between him and KD is not too too large.

yes, my reasoning? as if you care? my opinion which does not matter much, but....
I think if you polled every GM and asked if you were building a team to win a championship for JUST this season what player would you pick to build around first... MOST would pick lebron. crazy thing is....lebron might have won that poll past 12 seasons....

Last edited:
Cuz the Cavs are championship contenders right now lol. That was Kyries team and it shows. Lmk when Lebron averages a Triple double, logs a 60 pt triple double, Or hits the game 7 winning 3 to beat the Warriors.

^^^your triple double logic means you think Big O and Magic were better than Jordan.....

Yes, Durant is better than Lebron....same Durant that decided to join the team that beat him in the playoffs, a team that already was stacked...MVP already on the team, and won championship 13 months earlier.....he gets a LOT of credit for that....because it has never been done like that in any sport....JUMPING on a bandwagon so hard.....thats like MVP malone decides to leave Jazz and Join another MVP that has already won a championship....i can understand Durant wanting to leave but to join a team like that? JOKE.

"Cuz the Cavs are championship contenders right now lol"
since you clearly didnt follow what i write let me slow it down make it more simple.
MOST GMs would take Lebron 1 and then build around him.....ie if all teams could draft from a pool of all players one at a time...ie like a fantasy draft....Lebron would MOST often go 1....
Think long and hard about it....you get lebron one then 2nd & 3rd rounds you get 33rd 34th best players to go with Lebron.....for one season? yea MOST GMs take lebron imo
in case you can't follow still? Durant's team wouldnt have curry on it.

Last edited:
Durant is a straight clown. He said himself that in the end people are only going to count the hardware and with time people will forget how he obtained it. But I really think that we will never forget that he took the easy way out and joined a historical 73 win team to help him win his first one.

And yes, Kyrie was a big part in the Cavs championship. But people act like it was all him and he carried LeBron. Don’t forget that LeBron hit the 3 over Ezli late in the 4th to tie. And the block was probably the most clutch defensive play in Finals history that set up Kyries shot. Averaging a triple double that series which he almost did against GSW in the first series without Love and Kyrie.

And Kyries hero ball didn’t help in last years finals. Dribbling the air out for the ball and wasting the shot clock only to take a step back 3 in KDs face didn’t help the Cavs chances last year. Let’s see what he can do with his own team throughout the playoffs when the games count

He's reached the place that many older great players get to,

for 82 games I might pick Harden, KD, Curry ect,

But for 7 games of a championship level basketball?

Give me Lebron.

Truth. Give Bron extra days off in the playoffs to avoid back to backs and recharge, expose an opponent's weakness and all that.
There is still nobody I'd choose over him.

re-draft of the entire NBA, Lebron James goes 1-3 guaranteed. ONLY reason he wouldnt always be #1 is because of his age, but yes, he is still the best player overall.

Put LeBron on almost any team and they will be instant contenders. Can we say the same for any other player?

Back
Top Bottom