Is Melo really a SUPERSTAR?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am torn on Dirk and Pau. I guess Dirk and Pau can be considered superstars because of their international status. What about Tony Parker and Manu?

I am torn on Dirk and Pau. I guess Dirk and Pau can be considered superstars because of their international status. What about Tony Parker and Manu?

i don't think so.  my definition of a superstar is that the player is the number one guy on the team and they are championship contenders.  it's similar to what barkley thinks.  i consider kobe one and lebron last year when he was on the cavs.  melo is a great scorer but it was billups who elevated them to a top 4 team in the west when he got there.
some of you include popularity and being mainstream into your definitions.

i don't think so.  my definition of a superstar is that the player is the number one guy on the team and they are championship contenders.  it's similar to what barkley thinks.  i consider kobe one and lebron last year when he was on the cavs.  melo is a great scorer but it was billups who elevated them to a top 4 team in the west when he got there.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Don't forget

# 3) Getting sucked on ESPN

laugh.gif

bosh is a star. not a superstar.

these labels are kind of ridiculous. shows what david stern changed the NBA into. a star driven league. a popularity contest.

bosh is a star. not a superstar.

these labels are kind of ridiculous. shows what david stern changed the NBA into. a star driven league. a popularity contest.

He is still playing pretty damn well this year while half-assing it...not many people can do that.  If he's not, he's as close to it as you can be.

He is still playing pretty damn well this year while half-assing it...not many people can do that.  If he's not, he's as close to it as you can be.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Dirk is a superstar. Dont discredit him.
Not popular enough. He is close though. One of the best at his position.
Dirk is one of the best at his position OF ALL TIME.  In fact, I'm going to say that he is the best and purest shooting PF of all time.
Superstardom in not a popularity contest.  But if it were, Dirk is popular enough.  My sister knows who Dirk is.  She doesn't know who Chris Paul is.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Dirk is a superstar. Dont discredit him.
Not popular enough. He is close though. One of the best at his position.
Dirk is one of the best at his position OF ALL TIME.  In fact, I'm going to say that he is the best and purest shooting PF of all time.
Superstardom in not a popularity contest.  But if it were, Dirk is popular enough.  My sister knows who Dirk is.  She doesn't know who Chris Paul is.

Originally Posted by shogun

But why shouldn't we? Stars are popular. It is a term of relevance to the public eye. Why shouldn't that be included? Like I said, if we are discussing the BEST players, ok. But if we are talking about superstar players why shouldn't mainstream effect be a factor?

Originally Posted by shogun

But why shouldn't we? Stars are popular. It is a term of relevance to the public eye. Why shouldn't that be included? Like I said, if we are discussing the BEST players, ok. But if we are talking about superstar players why shouldn't mainstream effect be a factor?

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

How can your opinion be taken serious if you're gonna blatantly lie in your post? For example... "he doesn't rebound." He leads the NBA in rebounding from the SF position.
laugh.gif
Well to be fair, it wasn't until this year that he's averaged more than 8 rebs and George Karl did once complain about Melo's lack of Double/Doubles.

He's had one monster rebounding game this year though.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

How can your opinion be taken serious if you're gonna blatantly lie in your post? For example... "he doesn't rebound." He leads the NBA in rebounding from the SF position.
laugh.gif
Well to be fair, it wasn't until this year that he's averaged more than 8 rebs and George Karl did once complain about Melo's lack of Double/Doubles.

He's had one monster rebounding game this year though.

Originally Posted by DubA169

who is better paul pierce in his prime or melo?
Everything that's being said about Melo could be said about Pierce until KG and Ray Ray got there.

Back
Top Bottom