Is Niketalk semi dead now? It's been a minute since I've been on here.

Annual reps counts achieved should count as entries in a raffles for random prizes ( could be avertising partner products or vouchers/discounts) This would encourage more thoughtful posts and create more engagement between advertisers on NT and it's members.

One of my many brilliant ideas. Told this to Meth a while back, he wasn't wit it. Oh well, rip NT.

Totally agree with this in regards to S&T.

I remember the good ole days when we used to have game threads. Whenever there was a big game (or a big series), there was a thread associated with it. Now everyone NEEDS to post in the "official NFL thread" rather than the weekly SNF game thread or whatever. I also used to really like specific topic threads, before people got snooty and demanded you post in the official league thread.

Official league threads have ruined S&T imo.
They have also ruined individual team threads. Now it has devolved into the MAJOR market teams only.....smh

Totally agree with this in regards to S&T.

I remember the good ole days when we used to have game threads. Whenever there was a big game (or a big series), there was a thread associated with it. Now everyone NEEDS to post in the "official NFL thread" rather than the weekly SNF game thread or whatever. I also used to really like specific topic threads, before people got snooty and demanded you post in the official league thread.

Official league threads have ruined S&T imo.

Also funny that there was an OFFICIAL NBA SEason thread created in AUGUST. I don't get some official threads sometime.

what’s one thing that sneaker head, collectors and hypebeast do? Buy/sell sneakers.
And let’s be real, NT buy/sell forums has always sucked. One of the reasons why I preferred to buy/sell on ISS.

They need to revamp that whole forum, especially when there is competition like stockx, goat, Fb groups etc

Social media already issued the death warrant. It’ll take a while to completely die but expect an announcement sooner than later that the site will be shutdown

nah, i hate using social media da way i use NT....

da fixes we're demanding at this point aren't earth shattering changes, just stuff to make sure da user interface isn't erroded by lazy folks just piling in one GIANT "official thread"

im not even saying lock those air max or air force I threads in retro, im saying move em to da more appropriate sneaker showcase thread where people can gawk and herald old colors galore, while each new release(s) gets a new thread where new comers can QUICKLY just eyeball da 1st page of thread and see new info/news, and not get bogged down by hundreds of pages of irelevant info...

Times change and although it's not the same as it used to be, NT still has a place for me. I'm on all the big social media platforms like Twitter and FB but those are different types of content and interactions for me. The people I follow on there are usually friends, family, co-workers, classmates, etc. I come to NT to see content from people I don't know, from different parts of the country.

You can say that Reddit is like that too but on there, you're getting people from all different walks of life and that's too much for me. I lurk sub-Reddits but rarely post because the audience is too broad. On NT, we may be strangers but it's still a community based on some common interests like shoes, sports, music.

nah, i hate using social media da way i use NT....

da fixes we're demanding at this point aren't earth shattering changes, just stuff to make sure da user interface isn't erroded by lazy folks just piling in one GIANT "official thread"

im not even saying lock those air max or air force I threads in retro, im saying move em to da more appropriate sneaker showcase thread where people can gawk and herald old colors galore, while each new release(s) gets a new thread where new comers can QUICKLY just eyeball da 1st page of thread and see new info/news, and not get bogged down by hundreds of pages of irelevant info...

Does NT's platform support threadmarks? That could be another possible solution

A lot of us, ya know, are in relationships and can still enjoy specific female threads. All of us aren't Alp

giphy.gif

Of course social media is gonna hurt NT, it's not dead though.

I'm shocked when I go check shoe threads and they got certain models all in the same thread. I've seen a few people try to bring back threads individually for each shoe release.

It's funny that back in the day you could tell the hype for a shoe and if it was gonna sell out by how many posts and pages a thread was on NT. Now that doesn't tell you ****.

I never used Reddit but I've read some links people posted on here. I was on KanyeToThe for like a month, that **** was unreal. Couldn't do it. What other message boards are real popular?

All Hip Hop's Ill Community was the GOAT, man that place was wild.

Reddit and IG has been making niketalk into an online old age home since 2014
but alot of internet history and slang has started here

Reddit and IG has been making niketalk into an online old age home since 2014
but alot of internet history and slang has started here

da ship can be righted to a point if things are done, if its done in time...if not this place will just die on da vine...

drives me insane...how foams are now in one thread, when before each colorway was thoroughly discussed before and more info was derived.
So if they make the new Corvette in 12 different colors with your logic we should make a thread for each color that comes out?

So if they make the new Corvette in 12 different colors with your logic we should make a thread for each color that comes out?

you're bad at this.

Foamposite ones, pros, flights, maxs are all now on one thread.

they're all different styles...

and colors on sneakers are more than just pallette swapped hues... >D da fact i gotta explain that on NT is embarrassing.

As a long time lurker I can say this kind of thread appears every few months again and again for 10+ years.

NT and the Coli are the only forums I’m on. I’m on IG/Twitter but like another poster said, thats a different type of medium. NT will always be my choice of social media. I hope it never dies but I do miss the womenz threads. The S&T, General, and occasion shoe brand threads, provide enough options to enjoy the site. Social media has changed the site no question, but i don’t think it’s time to panic yet. I will say we are pg-13 and in my opinion I think that may be a reason why the new members simply aren’t using the site as other sites have a separate section for the R type threads.

It's funny that the slightest thing will set some people off. Nothing ever stays the same. 20 years of NT existence, it was bound to evolve from how it first began.

Has Meth chimed in as of yet?

I think townhalls like these are important to ensuring the longevity of NT. It’s been around for 20 years, so changes were inevitable.

Times change, interests changes, life happens. I think it’s a testament to how great NT is as a forum that we have people who have been around for 10+ years actively trying to come up with suggestions to make sure we don’t see the day where the staff is announcing that the site’s shutting down (that was wild to even say).

I think they tried shutting down the TAN before and things didn’t change drastically enough to justify it being permanently locked.

And if I remember correctly, the women/models we post in those threads have complained about us using their content without their consent :smile:rolleyes). So if it causes us legal trouble, it’s understandable why we see those threads always being locked. Besides... Instagram does exist. :lol:

I want NT to last. Instead of bickering and taking jabs at Ninja for allegedly living with with his mom, we can focus our efforts on coming up with tangible suggestions that the mods are likely to take seriously.

Back
Top Bottom