Is there a way around the 2 drink minimum?

I want to check out this comedy show and this is requirement. I don't drink very often. My thing is just add the an extra $10 to the ticket price and be done with it.

How enforceable is this? Will they kick me out if I don't buy the two drinks?

Yeah, they really try to get you with that. I went to Cobb's comedy club in San Francisco and they had a two drink minimum for everyone. Drinks are already crazy expensive in the city plus, I went with my girl. Those four drinks added $50 added $50 ontonthe cost of going there.

I've always wondered this question as well. Same goes for minimums to use credit cards at bars. I seen certain places that has a $10 minimum to use your credit card and others that have a $40 minimum.

The real answer, is that it depends on what state you're in. I remember when I was in college, bars with try to enforce minimums when in fact it was illegal according to city laws.

The other question you have to ask is, can you really get away with calling them out. Most bars reserve the right to deny entry or kick you out for whatever BS reason they make up.

I’m sure you can get something else instead of drinks. A lot of people don’t drink alcohol. Just ask your waiter when you go.

Went to a strip club with a two drink minimum before I was into drinking. Bottled water was 5 bucks.

Went to a strip club with a two drink minimum before I was into drinking. Bottled water was 5 bucks.
B6641FD1-EBD8-4725-9566-7E67E441796A.gif

I want to check out this comedy show and this is requirement. I don't drink very often. My thing is just add the an extra $10 to the ticket price and be done with it.

How enforceable is this? Will they kick me out if I don't buy the two drinks?

Just get two waters and call it a day.

Our comedy club had that, but their food was actually really good, so any time I went, I just got dinner there. Didn't really have to be 2 "drinks" as long as you got SOMETHING.

Just so you know, soda is a drink (not trying to be a d**k, I mean in terms of what a 2 drink minimum is).

They cant force you to drink alcohol. But the sodas arent exactly cheap.

Only had that at the strip club.. but I drink so. The other time you could sit at the bar 1 drink min. 2 Drinks for a table.
Water is usually about 4-5 dollars wherever you go.. if you're lucky they have a fountain they let you use

I do the same thing when strippers ask to give me a lap dance.

It be like that when ugly strippers are working that night.

Short story time: I was getting a dance from a nice brunette on my birthday, she got mad when I tried to rub her nice area. Fast forward an hour later at our table with bottle service and money spilling out of my pockets. She goes up to me asking if I want another dance. I turn away from her ignoring her and tell my brother to kick her out our area. Writing this all out, I sound like a birthday douche.

Water, which probably cost more than an actual drink. Or don't go to the club, I've been to these comedy clubs, there's no way around it. They know and they will approach you several times.

Back
Top Bottom