Is This True?

I heard that after 2012 you won't be able to pre order shoe's from shoe stores in Canada
Is this true?

Where did you hear this from?
Also what are the reason(s) for doing this?

Nike hates Canada probably. How can we still not have access to ID unless we have a place to ship them to in the U.S.?!

Originally Posted by jayem

Just a rumor i heard ... that you won't be able to pre order anymore .... now you have to get them on release day 

I asked the manager at the Footlocker here in Montreal about when the pre-order starts for the Jordan IV White Cement (Tech Gray). He mention after the New Year. So, I'm guessing they will still continue with the pre-ordering but we'll see when the time comes.

I heard that from an employee in a Toronto Footlocker he said his manager said, in 2012 pre orders wont be done at Footlocker, other sneaker stores in Canada still do pre orders though. And who knows, maybe that was just that particular store's new policy change since pre orders are still good for MTL's Footlocker for the 2012 IV Cements.

As mention, who knows. Footlocker Canada might change the policy which hasn't reach to all the stores. I'll know more after the New Year, that's for Montreal, don't know about the rest of Canada. Here in Montreal, I believe there's two Footlocker's that can do the pre-orders.

I guess it differs from where in Canada you are. I know the only store doing pre-orders for shoes in the Vancouver area was Footlocker (was looking for BC3 and Concord 11)

Well, the thinking of the suits at FL anyway is that pre-orders take away "the chase"
By no longer offering that option, customers are forced to come in the day of release,
providing a possibility to grow the client base.

P.S At sq1 all 3 Xmas day shoes (KB/Bron/KD) will not be available for pre-order.
      I dunno about 2012 but atleast for these, no preorders................
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Well, the thinking of the suits at FL anyway is that pre-orders take away "the chase"
By no longer offering that option, customers are forced to come in the day of release,
providing a possibility to grow the client base.

P.S At sq1 all 3 Xmas day shoes (KB/Bron/KD) will not be available for pre-order.
      I dunno about 2012 but atleast for these, no preorders................
ohwell.gif
I think by taking away pre-orders it create mayhem like our counterpart (US).
Although the it will never be in that magnitude, but I'm just saying.

I never knew that the Xmas shoes was up for pre-orders?
Did they do that the in previous years?
As for 2012, not even the jumpman (logo) or any other cws can save that shoe.

I meant 2012 as in future releases during the year, not the Air Jordan lol.

From a consumer perspective, 'mayhem' is trouble.
But from a business perspective, the foot traffic alone is well worth stopping the perorder system.

Imagine walking through the mall and seeing a line up going out of a store?
You're curiosity would certainly be stirred.

I personally appreciate the piece of mind of pre-ordering.
But I'm just trying to provide a reasoning for the other side?

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

I meant 2012 as in future releases during the year, not the Air Jordan lol.

From a consumer perspective, 'mayhem' is trouble.
But from a business perspective, the foot traffic alone is well worth stopping the perorder system.

Imagine walking through the mall and seeing a line up going out of a store?
You're curiosity would certainly be stirred.

I personally appreciate the piece of mind of pre-ordering.
But I'm just trying to provide a reasoning for the other side?
This sounds like the most logical to me. Take the upcoming Concords for example, right now you call FL asking about them and right away they tell you 'sold out' unless you pre-ordered. You don't even bother hitting up the store.

But with a no preorder scenario: everyone has to show up/line up on RD to find out. Then when you get to the front of the line, if your size is gone (with xmas money burning a hole in your pocket)): "Perhaps we could interest you in these Last Shots aka the "Consolation XIVs"? Or some Concord socks? A cheesy Concord t-shirt perhaps?"

Aside from having to plunk down the cash super-early in advance, I love the preorder system. Walk in/walk out on RD, hassle free...compared to the mayhem we see with our American couterparts.

I might quit buying shoes if they stop doing pre-orders.  I've been in this game for awhile, and have never had to line up for shoes.  I'm too old to start lining up now. 
laugh.gif

I am probably in the minority, but if true good riddance never was a fan of the pre-order. I probably would not have such a problem with pre-orders is they didn't use gift cards, I have been burn twice with this non sense.

Being that I am a size 13 stores usually only get 1-3 pairs in. On two different occasions the one that stopped me from messing with pre-orders was the Space Jams release. I go in to pick my pair up, as I am at the register checking the shoe out I notice on one shoe the toe was peeling away from the patent leather. Long story short they didn't want to let my return my pair because it was a "release day sale" and on top of that you can't get your money back only a gift card which is stupid. Now I'm stuck with a $200+ gift card to footlocker and no shoes. Let's also not forget how grimey some manager out there are, they will sell your pre-order pair if you do not show up by a certain time, defeating the convince of a pre-order.

I don't know what people are talking about with line ups, never have I lined up for a GR in Canada, the closest was the QS Altitude 13 a while back. But that's my $0.02

I agree with some of your arguments TripleXL. I was burned once with my Flints. Lucky for me, the manager switched it with another pair.

The reason you haven't had to line up for GR in Canada yet is b/c people pre-order their shoes. There's no point of lining up if they're already sold out. Once you take the pre-ordering away, people got no choice but to line up to grab the shoes.

Using the Concords as an example based on the assumption that you can't pre-order. I want these bad, as does a lot of people in Toronto. To guarantee that I get a pair, I'm gonna go extra early (before the store opens). I'm pretty sure the major of the real sneakerheads would be thinking the same thing. Thus, you'll have line ups.

Since Champs didn't allow any pre-orders this year, we'll see if there'll be any line ups.

Definitely will be lineups.
Even last year with the CG's; people who preordered lined up
before the store opened to check their pairs for defects, which is a good idea.

I work a lot of shift work and a lot of the time cannot be there on release day. If I can't put pairs on hold ... I am going to lose out on a lot of shoes. Dislike.

hope its not true, ive been pre ordering shoes for a few years now.

Well, the FL here in Mtl is taking pre-order for the Jordan X that's releasing in Jan. Technically, it's still 2011
smile.gif

Jan 5: Ok, update.  Just pre-order the IV that's releasing in Feb.  So, I'm guessing the pre-orders will continue here in Mtl.

Pre-ordered my Xs this week, gonna pass on the IVs tho.

^I'm meh about the Columbias anyways: if I can cop great. If not, no biggie (got my Concords, all I really need)

No pre-order on the X's (Champs) that sadden me a bit,
but I'll just have to put a little more work into it.
As for the Cements IV, I'm still 50-50 on those.

I was told that the suits at Nike/JB Canada really don't like the pre orders Foot Locker does. Lets hope they don't decide to step in and make it official. The suits are the reason we don't get SPC on Jordan's anymore

I think they would be really dumb for doing that. I cant see myself buying J's anymore if I gotta line up.

Back
Top Bottom