Is your city boring, activities and people wise

Lived in 5 cities in my life, 3 major ones in Cali LA, SD and SF where i'm at now.  Also Atl for 1 semester of college and 1 semester in DC for college as well.  Even though SF and DC are the 2 cities out of them that are metropolitan with good mass transit etc. i think SD and LA are more fun even though I'm more of a metropolitan city than beach town kind of dude.  London and Paris on the other hand would be more ideal as metropolitan cities if I was able to live there. 

Right? I mean, I used HATE living in Sacramento. But when I made an effort to see what the city had to offer, I really liked the city for what it had. 

Sacramento isn't that bad.
It's not. Used to be boring but that's Cuz I kicked it mainly In south sac. Midtown is where it's at and after the arena is done that'll be another spot.

You won't regret it, after Oakland/Berkeley, San Diego would probably be my first choice to live in the country. :pimp:

You won't regret it, after Oakland/Berkeley, San Diego would probably be my first choice to live in the country.
pimp.gif

Grew up / when to school in Berkley. I never really felt i was constricted to my city tho as Oakland/SF were like 30 minutes away. I've lived in DC/NY and although the nightlife is tight I couldn't imagine staying long term. I am in love with Bay weather I'll pass on that "real seasons" stuff :lol:

SD is so huge though, it's a drive when you're more north like Encinitas down to La Jolla.

That's one of Oakland's less obvious strengths for me. City is more than big enough but driving across the city is never going to take more than 15 minutes really.

Last edited:
Great city

Beaches, Hiking, perfect weather year round and best Mexican food hands down.
Its expensive af tho bruh, lmao. I'm coming from VA, the cost of living damn near is gonna double. But I'm looking forward to it, everyone I've talked to had nothing but great things to say about San Dog.

I hate SD for reasons you didn't name lol. The people, traffic and atmosphere. Everyone is acts so posh and high maintenance. Full makeup to go to the gym type of way.

But Tacos El Gordo tho[emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

I hate SD for reasons you didn't name lol. The people, traffic and atmosphere. Everyone is acts so posh and high maintenance. Full makeup to go to the gym type of way.

You must HATE L.A. then. :lol:

I feel you though. SD much better than LA in that regard but it's still a massive difference compared to the Bay.

So you are forming an opinion on a whole city by what YOU were aware of was going on, when you made a pit stop? >D  
basically my day and night out there...
yall act like i can't call a city boring...because relative to other cities i've been to, it really is.

compared to san francisco it is boring af
You sound silly bc I'm pretty sure you didn't explore the whole city in one day and night.

Hey @DCAllAmerican  and all other DMV folks. Is it worth trying to visit some monuments over Labor Day Weekend or is it going to be too crazy?

Also, any suggestions on where to buy crab? Is the Wharf the best place?

Great city

Its expensive af tho bruh, lmao. I'm coming from VA, the cost of living damn near is gonna double. But I'm looking forward to it, everyone I've talked to had nothing but great things to say about San Dog.

Yeah it is pricey as hell where are you looking on staying? I stay in Otay Ranch (Chula Vista) and it's not too bad and a really nice area and a quick drive to SD.

Great city

Traffic can be a pain sometimes but it isn't anywhere near LA that ish right there is a nightmare :x

Def encountered some snobby people but I feel you get that everywhere tbh. I do agree with you ab the full makeup thing the LA Fitness I go to is full of women in makeup it's hilarious :lol:

Hey @DCAllAmerican  and all other DMV folks. Is it worth trying to visit some monuments over Labor Day Weekend or is it going to be too crazy?

Also, any suggestions on where to buy crab? Is the Wharf the best place?
Yea just buy crabs from the SW Wharf.

I wouldn't go to those monuments during that Weekend. If you don't have a job, I would go within the next few weeks (weekdays). Kids going back to school, less summer field  trips.

Yeah it is pricey as hell where are you looking on staying? I stay in Otay Ranch (Chula Vista) and it's not too bad and a really nice area and a quick drive to SD.
hmmm, I've been looking in the Mission Valley area, La Mesa, and IB. I heard there's a lot of bums down near IB lmao. Heard El Cajon and Chula Vista (depending on the side) are nice...oh and to stay away from Clantee [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Tampa, Fl.

First off, it's Florida. I'm a born and raised Fl. Native and everything people say about this state is true.

I'm in Tampa now and this place would be idea, but imo the young black professional crowd is weak. Which leads to weak nightlife options, either it's hood or country. The Young Black Professional crowd is trying, but you can't compare it to any other Choclate city.

But there are cool things to do, beer/food festivals, beaches and a lot of outdoor options. A lot of wildlife within an hour North, South and West of here.

Orlando is one hour away, and Miami is 3.

Last edited:
hmmm, I've been looking in the Mission Valley area, La Mesa, and IB. I heard there's a lot of bums down near IB lmao. Heard El Cajon and Chula Vista (depending on the side) are nice...oh and to stay away from Clantee [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Mission Valley can be very expensive in some areas but La Mesa isnt too bad. IB is close to the water but I don't like the area and quite a few homeless. Chula Vista is real nice once you cross the 805 its like a completely different city compared to the other side it has everything you need and you can hit the 125 (toll road) to get on the other freeways pretty quickly. Santee is nice too but too far away for my liking

Mission Valley can be very expensive in some areas but La Mesa isnt too bad. IB is close to the water but I don't like the area and quite a few homeless. Chula Vista is real nice once you cross the 805 its like a completely different city compared to the other side it has everything you need and you can hit the 125 (toll road) to get on the other freeways pretty quickly. Santee is nice too but too far away for my liking
Yeah I heard in between the 5 and 805 is a no go in Chula Vista. I'll be over on Coronado so I'm not trying to be too far from base.

Yeah I heard in between the 5 and 805 is a no go in Chula Vista. I'll be over on Coronado so I'm not trying to be too far from base.

Not necessarily a no go but it def isn't near as nice as the other side of the 805.

all these SD heads :pimp:

agreed with JME, IB will be good if you're stationed in Coronado - take silver strand and avoid that traffic on the 5 getting on the bridge everyday :smh:

Not necessarily a no go but it def isn't near as nice as the other side of the 805.
those HOA & mello-roos fees tho :x turned me away from buying in eastlake. no fees FTW

Last edited:
all these SD heads :pimp:

agreed with JME, IB will be good if you're stationed in Coronado - take silver strand and avoid that traffic on the 5 getting on the bridge everyday :smh:

those HOA & mello-roos fees tho :x turned me away from buying in eastlake. no fees FTW

Yeah it is pricey but I love the area and honestly all of san diego county is pretty expensive unless you are out in the middle of nowhere so I don't really mind it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom