It Took 219 Days, but My New 2012 Baby From Germany Has Arrived (Audi)

eek.gif

nice pickup!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I don't really like the rims but other than that... Beautiful car. You did good my man.

LOL at your avy, i can't help but notice how awkward dude is in that scene every time i watch that vid..

OP, CLEAN pickup
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. make sure you park in a safe spot. Its philly and your window will get punched in for that nickel and dime, hate to see a car like that get disrespected.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I'm not sure if I'm missing some joke about 'da hemi', but no, it does not have a HEMI.

Per Audi's site:
2.0 liter turbocharged with intercooler, DOHC in-line four-cylinder gasoline engine with FSI[emoji]174[/emoji] direct injection, variable valve timing and Audi valvelift system.

211 hp, 258 lb-ft of torque.

http://models.audiusa.com/a5-coupe/engines
HUH? 211 Hp? Thats all?!

Welp...atleast it looks good.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

How much did u spend? You shouldve bought an America Made car. People like you the reason why this economy in the shambles

You telling another man how to spend his $50k?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There is no American car I would get over an Audi A5. Granted its performance is mediocre, but performance isnt everything, and for some performance is nowhere near the top of their wants in a car. The luxury, interior, and status alone. 
pimp.gif

Congrats on the pick-up. I went through the same process as you with my 5-series, but the wait wasn't as long. Enjoy it and make sure to baby it.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

I'm not sure if I'm missing some joke about 'da hemi', but no, it does not have a HEMI.

Per Audi's site:
2.0 liter turbocharged with intercooler, DOHC in-line four-cylinder gasoline engine with FSI[emoji]174[/emoji] direct injection, variable valve timing and Audi valvelift system.

211 hp, 258 lb-ft of torque.

http://models.audiusa.com/a5-coupe/engines
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

wow that thung is underpowered for the price... no wonder it looks so sexy
laugh.gif

no hate bruh i jus had no idea it only had 211 horses... thats 30 more than my TC
laugh.gif

what do the performance numbers look like for those things? stock turbo must be a beasttt
thats always been da one knock bimmer heads had over audis..they've always been under powered compared to their german counterparts.

^ Pretty much. An S5 I believe competes with a 335i, and is significantly more expensive too. Kinda laughable, performance wise that is.
They do have quattro though, and like I said, the interior.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

I read it all and saw the pics... and yes Im far beyond jealous. Glad you got it tho OP.

I'm currently in the process of getting a new car but have choose not to get an Audi seeing as its care and needs cost a lot of $ and I can't have that on my plate.

Congrats and treat her well.

I know maintenance can be a lot, but having Audi Care thrown in for free (covers scheduled maintenance and oil changes at 5k, 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k) is nice.  Plus, if I drive 5,000 a year, that is a ton for me (I walk to work).  So mileage won't be an issue.  As long as I keep my job, I don't plan on keeping this for more than 4-5 years before getting something new.  That's one of the major pluses with Audi, they hold their value really well.

Originally Posted by pullupj8

Congrats, man. I might have seen your post on Audizine. Just got a 2012 Monsoon Gray A5 myself. Cancelled a BMW custom order (two until delivery) and switched to the Audi. No regrets so far.

As far as tinting goes, I suggest going with Huper Optik. A little pricey, but given that you can afford the car, it shouldn't be a problem. I went with 40% all around (except windshield). Takes awhile to cure but I love the (almost) OEM look.

Yup, I'm on Audizine and Audiworld (4wrestling).  I'm not too familiar with different tints, but I'm getting my work done at http://www.shadesofgraytint.com/ in Philly.  They seem to have good reviews.  I'm getting 3M VentureShield on the front bumper, fenders, hood, and mirrors.  I'm getting 30-40% tint all around (except windshield).  And I'm getting the Lamin-X protection on the front headlights and fogs (I'm going clear except for over the amber turn signals, I'm getting charcoal).

I've always loved the look of the A5, such a beautifully crafted car inside and out. I'm happy that you get to enjoy driving this car. I'm really wanting the next vehicle of ours to be an Audi Q5. Congrats, and drive careful/safe.

Back
Top Bottom