it's amazing that jordan's hostility to his "enemies" extends through his shoes

i mean, who else would have the nerve to rub in his victories by making shoes styled and colored after the teams he defeated? LOL! that's like the biggestmiddle finger you to somebody, right?
tribute my %!@! he's rubbin' it in that he beat them
it's like, winnin' a championship or game wasn't enough...he got to immortalize them in defeat by makin' shoes dedicated to his victories overthem!
the six ring color blockin', the jordan low phat color blockin', the jordan hi phat color blockin', the 60 pluses, etc.

Uh, its called smart marketing...

I know a few dudes who graduated from G'Town and are ALL OVER every JB Georgetown product at retail.

Plus, being from Seattle, I was very into the Sonics 6 Rings and XX2 PE/SE/whatever Sonics cw... a legit Jordan with a Space Needle on it = HOTTT.

i'm not sayin' it's dumb at all
but you have to "read between the lines" a bit and see the middle finger that he's throwin' up at his former adversaries
it's like, i'm gonna immortalize you in defeat to me
of course it's smart
it's still a bit evil though, in my view
i'm not sayin' i don't respect it
just that's my thoughts on the move

Originally Posted by buildingblock

i mean, who else would have the nerve to rub in his victories by making shoes styled and colored after the teams he defeated? LOL! that's like the biggest middle finger you to somebody, right?
it's like, winnin' a championship or game wasn't enough...he got to immortalize them in defeat by makin' shoes dedicated to his victories over them!
the six ring color blockin', the jordan low phat color blockin', the jordan hi phat color blockin', the 60 pluses, etc.
^^ man u thinkin to hard
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jumpman623

I thought in a respectful way, he was honoring them as worthy opponents.

that could be another way of lookin' at it
it's all about perspective
but bein' from chicago, i know ain't no love lost between detroit and chi

Originally Posted by buildingblock

i mean, who else would have the nerve to rub in his victories by making shoes styled and colored after the teams he defeated? LOL! that's like the biggest middle finger you to somebody, right?
it's like, winnin' a championship or game wasn't enough...he got to immortalize them in defeat by makin' shoes dedicated to his victories over them!
stop B!+c#!N

I am sure that might not be the reason for these types of colorways

I think jordan brand is running out of idea's.

So they use this idea as an excuse.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Complainin but I bet you still have some of them..

um not once was i complainin'
just noticin' somethin'
stop bein' so negative minded about your fellow posters
if you disagree, why berate?

Originally Posted by mikew25

buildingblock wrote:

stop B!+c#!N

uh, who's b i t c h i n?
i just noticed somethin'
if that's b i t c h i n
then i wonder what it is you're doin'?
oh yeah swingin' from my sack

I'm starting to think Mike thinks of consumers as the enemy with all these butchered retros and horrid colorways.

Hey, if people want to buy them, why not? Besides, they're probably running out of tributes. They've already made sneakers dedicated to all hisindividual achievements, most of those are displayed on the Xs alone.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I am sure that might not be the reason for these types of colorways

I think jordan brand is running out of idea's.

So they use this idea as an excuse.
^^ That. You're reading your own interpretations way too much into this. JB is trying to milk every memory of Michael for what it'swork. Any hint of nostalgia or flashbacks that they believe will spark people to act on them and buy more products they're going to use as a gimmick in aweak attempt to thinly disguise the fact that the well is running dry.

Back
Top Bottom