ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

doesnt stop the god from mixing & having live visuals...some rather mix drinks than mix tracks haha.

But to be fair trance and house are different. Pretty incredible to see so many people call one of these past 4 nights the best night of their lives. SHM knows how to put on a show. I wasnt paying attention to gigs in the previous cities but I'm sure a lot of people felt that way too.

thinking about going to ASOT600 at MSG. I passed on getting tickets in the presale. Lineup isnt all that and the sets are scheduled to be short. Probably will just watch from home. What I really need to do is stumble upon like $5 g's and go to ultra.

thinking about going to ASOT600 at MSG. I passed on getting tickets in the presale. Lineup isnt all that and the sets are scheduled to be short. Probably will just watch from home. What I really need to do is stumble upon like $5 g's and go to ultra.

ASOT600 NYC is supposedly having an after-party somewhere, at least I read that weeks ago. Hopefully that's the case still. Roseland :nerd: .

But to be fair trance and house are different. Pretty incredible to see so many people call one of these past 4 nights the best night of their lives. SHM knows how to put on a show. I wasnt paying attention to gigs in the previous cities but I'm sure a lot of people felt that way too.

yes they are different. a vast majority of electro house is 128bpm. trance goes from 128 all the way to 140bpm, making it more difficult to mix. you can admire & defend SHM as much as you like. I'm just not falling victim to them raping a different city, with a set thats 95% the same as the previous show & touring their same 5 songs for the past 4 years.

ASOT600NYC lineup is meh!? AvB, Ferry, Markus & MORPH isnt all? I know its not Den Bosch or Mumbai but youre delusional, go to a see a few more DJs before you declare SHM the best night of your life.  A great night is when the DJ drops tracks you wouldn't expect or haven't heard in forever… Not what's appearing on the video board or any amount of lazers.

Im Not trying to put you down as I've been in the same boat. I've been listening to Above and Beyond for well over five years and seeing them last year was the best night of my life. I'm just saying there's better music that has a lot more depth & creativity than SHM.

guess im tardy to the party about krewella. heard their alive song and was ok not too bad, then i heard their bro-stepy sounds on other songs and proceeded to back away.

oh well the sisters are nice to look at at least.

Last edited:
So we all know the gods are coming out with an album next week and this allegedly  is a leaked song that came out yesterday

it has the symptoms of a Daft Punk song but you guys judge or do research

So we all know the gods are coming out with an album next week and this allegedly  is a leaked song that came out yesterday

it has the symptoms of a Daft Punk song but you guys judge or do research

Confirmed its not a track from the album.

Anyone check out Dirty South's album? Released today. #1 on iTunes.

haha yea, i remember going thru the whole thing back in like late 90s, early 2000s when i started getting into dance music.

If you look at the most recent stuff on there (like the rap music), I think the last update must have been around 2005. For the record, he does use the term EDM to define "rave/club" music. Of course, what constitutes "rave/club" music is open to interpretation. But my point still stands from awhile back that the term has been used longer than some people want to believe.

yes they are different. a vast majority of electro house is 128bpm. trance goes from 128 all the way to 140bpm, making it more difficult to mix. you can admire & defend SHM as much as you like. I'm just not falling victim to them raping a different city, with a set thats 95% the same as the previous show & touring their same 5 songs for the past 4 years.

ASOT600NYC lineup is meh!? AvB, Ferry, Markus & MORPH isnt all? I know its not Den Bosch or Mumbai but youre delusional, go to a see a few more DJs before you declare SHM the best night of your life.  A great night is when the DJ drops tracks you wouldn't expect or haven't heard in forever… Not what's appearing on the video board or any amount of lazers.

Im Not trying to put you down as I've been in the same boat. I've been listening to Above and Beyond for well over five years and seeing them last year was the best night of my life. I'm just saying there's better music that has a lot more depth & creativity than SHM.
Woah chill. I was just saying SHM can put on a damn good show. Just because they're playing their hits doesnt mean they arent raping every city. I think you can agree these are not those type of shows where they aim to wow you with track selection and mixing.  And you might not agree but I imo those 3 guys are fully capable of doing so. I can point you to some old sets. As far as ASOT600MSG, i'm not putting down the guys in the lineup, but cosmic gate or dash berlin wouldnt hurt. But my main beef are the set times. AvB is scheduled to spin for like an hour if i'm not mistaken

I'm still mad I haven't seen a full AvB set yet. Went to Beyond last year, got to the AvB stage too late and it was packed. Watched like 10 minutes before I left and went to see atb instead (which was great).

are all of the swedish house mafia shows finishing at 12? going on saturday and havent heard anything about the time. my friend that went to the barclays show said it ended at 12

I'm still mad I haven't seen a full AvB set yet. Went to Beyond last year, got to the AvB stage too late and it was packed. Watched like 10 minutes before I left and went to see atb instead (which was great).

Armin at Electric Zoo 2011 was my first festival/event in general, and seeing him was literally life changing. I've been a different person since that set :lol: . He was too dope. Saw him again at EDCNY (Sat ASOT tent, not the Main Stage from Friday), and he was solid, but I enjoyed EZoo much more.

Dude is constantly rated the #1 DJ in the world for a reason, although I think his original productions have fallen off a bit in the past few years.

I think it depends on the venue..

That might be the case, but I wouldn't doubt all of the shows being over by 12. It's a concert, not a club where they would first be going on at 12/1AM.

EDC Chicago lineup:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...sy-carnival-chicago-20130306,0,1190694.column

its lacking a few big names imo for there being 3days, 4 stages & being 12 hours. im hella stoked for Armin, Above and Beyond, Markus Schulz & Arty.  Kaskade, Hardwell, Empire of the Sun, Delta Heavy, Sander, Luminox, Bro Safari, UZ, Morgan Page & Avicii will be ok im sure. im gonna throw something at Guetta.

Last edited:
Saw SHM monday night at Barclays... Floor admission too... such a great night... loved every minute of it

I was sitting in section 20 and the only thing I hated was this event wasn't 18+. The amount of high schooler's was unbelievable. :smh:

It was my first house show and it was sickkkkk. Cant wait for EDC.

:lol:

after all the **** i talked to posters...

SHM at barclays was ******g terrible. i was there too on monday. i tried to enjoy myself but yeah... no.

I was legit furious when they played there version of antidote.... thank god they played knife parties remix of it... (aka not their song) a little after

edc chicago looks buns I'm guessing a lot of individual performers are still doing their tours andt he big show will be at vegas.

Last edited:
edc chicago looks buns I'm guessing a lot of individual performers are still doing their tours andt he big show will be at vegas.
im guessing thats 3/4 the lineup. i counted 74 acts, EDCNY (3day/4stage) last year averaged about 30 acts a day. plus i only counted about 10/15 'headlining' acts. maybe I'm being really optimistic, but I expect some big names to come.

Back
Top Bottom