Iverson - " I'll Retire before i do this again.."....... on his role on Piston.

Him being the guy his whole career, then going to coming off the becnh for 18 minutes a game is a tough adjustment. You can't blame him for being upsetespecially with what he's done in his career.

He doesn't want stats for himself, which is what some people are not understanding, he wants to be a part of the winning. He wants to get out there &be one of the keys to the success the team has. If he doesn't get the oppurtunity to do that, you can't knock him for saying what he's been saying.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Him being the guy his whole career, then going to coming off the becnh for 18 minutes a game is a tough adjustment. You can't blame him for being upset especially with what he's done in his career.

He doesn't want stats for himself, which is what some people are not understanding, he wants to be a part of the winning. He wants to get out there & be one of the keys to the success the team has. If he doesn't get the oppurtunity to do that, you can't knock him for saying what he's been saying.
co-sign

I don't think that Iverson can help a team win anymore. The offense gets terrible when he is on the floor. There comes a time when a man's bodyisn't doing what his mind thinks it is doing. It just takes a while to realize it.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by CP1708

AI showin his true colors. He ain't about winnin, he about AI and only AI.

As much as people deny it, your 100% correct

tired.gif
..hes starting to lose a true fan

AI used to be my favorite player when he was at GTown. This was when I was young before I learned about smart basketball and team chemistry lol. Dude has neverdeveloped any type of court vision.
I don't think I could see him go on a team 'to win a ring.' Any team he goes to he should be the 3-4th option. There's now wayhe would do what GP did.

GUNNA:
Good. dont stick around playin 10 mins a game chasing a ring.

Its not worth it.

does anyone even acknowledge the fact that Glove got a ring. exactly.

If AI cant go to a place where he can play major minutes and compete I think he should retire.

"Knowing when to Hang it up" APPRECIATION!
See, I've always disagreed with that. I do acknowledge that Payton has a ring.

I mean, basically, you've reduced champions to just the 3 or 4 people mainly responsible, meaning that pretty much just Garnett, Allen, and Pierce won lastyear. Posey didn't win another one, because he didn't play enough minutes? He hit some big shots, but he still just played a role that was secondary toAllen, Pierce, and Garnett. Payton (and Posey, and the rest of the Heat) played roles that were secondary to Wade and Shaq.

While the NBA would appreciate that perspective (because they'd only have to issue maybe 2 or 3 rings to every champion every year), I hate it, because itdetracts from the entire team concept. Payton was a part of that team, a winning team, a champion team. Sure, his role could have been filled by someone elsefrom another team, but it wasn't filled by someone else. It was filled by him.

Is it his fault he was once great and the team that he won a ring on only saw him as a shell of his former self? Nope. Is it his fault that the second-fiddlePayton was just a role player, like Posey, instead of a primary option, like he used to be? No, not at all.

Same with Iverson, or anyone else reduced to a role much lesser than the glamorous role they used to play.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Thing is it seems like majority of players on DET doesn't like him.

How can you mesh when people don't want to deal with you

i dont feel like the Piston players dont like him.... its just i think the Piston players rather have Billups

Iverson will be in a Suns uni next season, bank on it. With Nash most likely gone, I could see Phoenix making a push for him. Dallas could be a suitor as well
nerd.gif

Anyone who doesnt like Iverson, please just keep your opinions just like that. Dislike. Stop trying to discredit what the man can do. He is/was one of the bestplayers of this generation.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

ai > billups, hamilton, stuckey and whoever else they had/have
at least they have been winning their whole careers and have a ring to show for it.....

replace rip with ai and the pistons still win all their ships ... sometimes teams just suck

Cosign... but i find it hard to believe that Kobe wont have the same problem when he fades... i KNOW how NT is so.... let me make this clear tho.... Kobe =/=AI

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Cosign... but i find it hard to believe that Kobe wont have the same problem when he fades... BUT let me make this clear tho Kobe =/= AI
Thats the thing, A.I. skills havent went anywhere...But by your 13th year in the league and no hardware to show for it,no GM is gonna build a teamaround him anymore. He just has to realize that and hell be iight.

On another note, Kobe aint fading
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Cosign... but i find it hard to believe that Kobe wont have the same problem when he fades... BUT let me make this clear tho Kobe =/= AI
Thats the thing, A.I. skills havent went anywhere...But by your 13th year in the league and no hardware to show for it,no GM is gonna build a team around him anymore. He just has to realize that and hell be iight.

On another note, Kobe aint fading
laugh.gif
Exactly
laugh.gif

Kobe's decline is gonna be an abrupt flameout. Outta nowhere.

LilStarZ07:
notice what happened when randy moss went to new england?
I don't know what point you're trying to make, but... when Randy Moss went to New England, they had a perfect regular season.
nerd.gif
That's... basically... the complete opposite of what's going on inDetroit.

Color me confused.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

ai > billups, hamilton, stuckey and whoever else they had/have
at least they have been winning their whole careers and have a ring to show for it.....
Chauncey Billups was a nobody before Detroit.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

LilStarZ07:
notice what happened when randy moss went to new england?
I don't know what point you're trying to make, but... when Randy Moss went to New England, they had a perfect regular season.
nerd.gif
That's... basically... the complete opposite of what's going on in Detroit.

Color me confused.

EXACTLY ... did you here randy complain? how about last year when they were stinking it up and welker was cassells number 1? randy has no right tosay anything if the patriots are winning and even when they werent, he knew that the organization had put the program in place to win, they just werent gettingit done at the time ...

put TO on the patriots and the same thing would happen ... put ai on the cavs or lakers and the same thing would happen ... its easy to adopt a lesser role ora role youre not accustomed to when the team youre on is winning ... the one game that dallas won when TO had 0 catches in the press conference TO shut hismouth and had nothing to say ...

Back
Top Bottom