Iverson - " I'll Retire before i do this again.."....... on his role on Piston.

He should record "40 Bars pt 2"

Jewels >>> your favorite rapper and his favorite rapper

to the person above, kobe is not selfish.
maybe a few years back, but not now. dude only ball hogged (05/06 i believe?) because with no one to rely on, sometimes you just got to take the matters intoyour own hands.
im not even going to reply in this thread anymore. sometimes, people just cant see it from another view.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Good. dont stick around playin 10 mins a game chasing a ring.

Its not worth it.

does anyone even acknowledge the fact that Glove got a ring. exactly.

If AI cant go to a place where he can play major minutes and compete I think he should retire.

"Knowing when to Hang it up" APPRECIATION!
co-sign

The hate on NT is strong. Everyone blames Detroit's failure on A.I. Damn shame.

replace rip with ai and the pistons still win all their ships ... sometimes teams just suck

laugh.gif
, you can't be serious.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

GUNNA:
LilStarZ07:
LMAO ... now we're talking about work ethic and desire to win ... ... ... ... ... ... if kobe "desired to win" so much he would have put his me first personality aside and did everything he could to keep shaq in la ... save all that bs for ignoramouses ...
Totally Agree.
+2

Shocking.
He put his "me first personality" aside for the entire three peat, he just got tired of Shaq not showing the same desire or put in the same effort ashe did but this thread shouldn't be about other players, just Iverson

Just another reason why I've never been a fan of Iverson. I give him credit for being a great scorer but I was always turned off by his lack of desire topractice hard,his shoot first shoot second, shoot third pass last mentality. Not wanting to work out and actually hiding in the bathroom when the rest of histeam were in the weight room, never dressing like an adult (not even on occasion), partying way too hard the night before games.

He has said in the past that this is a game that he would die for, I find that funny when he won't sacrifice his game for the betterment of his team.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

i'll look forward to how this pistons are next year with no curry and no sheed.

Like this team on the court now. We are rebuilding like none other. Sad to see but our window closed when we lost to the suns in 7 games. When Sheed left Horryopen on that inbound in game 5..... remember it like it was yesterday.

Dude just hasn't realized that he is no longer the answer, he could hve easily contributed off the bench w/ that Pistons Team but the mixing and matchingoff the starting 5 throughout the season never allowed them to gel.... Sheed has disappeared, rip has been off and on, and Prince has played in damn near everyposition this season

AI is so damn selfish, I thought he could get passed that but dude is a cancer and im pissed he's tlkn bout retirement and not being happy while his teamis fighting for a playoff spot
smh.gif

I may be the only one to defend A.I. but I agree with him I could see if the Pistons where winning but they are not...

Originally Posted by solefob

GUNNA:
LilStarZ07:
LMAO ... now we're talking about work ethic and desire to win ... ... ... ... ... ... if kobe "desired to win" so much he would have put his me first personality aside and did everything he could to keep shaq in la ... save all that bs for ignoramouses ...
Totally Agree.
+2

Shocking.
He put his "me first personality" aside for the entire three peat, he just got tired of Shaq not showing the same desire or put in the same effort as he did but this thread shouldn't be about other players, just Iverson

Just another reason why I've never been a fan of Iverson. I give him credit for being a great scorer but I was always turned off by his lack of desire to practice hard,his shoot first shoot second, shoot third pass last mentality. Not wanting to work out and actually hiding in the bathroom when the rest of his team were in the weight room, never dressing like an adult (not even on occasion), partying way too hard the night before games.

He has said in the past that this is a game that he would die for, I find that funny when he won't sacrifice his game for the betterment of his team.

thank you for revealing your true colors ... he doesnt dress like an adult and parties too hard before games?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
as opposed to rapping white women in between games (fully expects the aidomestic violence rebuttal so ill nip it beforehand)

and let me just let you know why kobe "all of a sudden" got tired of shaq after three ships ... its because kobe would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS beovershadowed literally and figuratively by the SHAQTUS ... imagine if shaq stayed in LA ... shaq is a reporters dream, always comin with the lulz and alwayssaying things people dont wanna hear, nobody wants to interview kobe when they could interview SHAQ ... kobe couldnt deal with that ... kobe cant deal withbeing second tier, yet no one calls him out on it ... thank god pau gasol is a superstar without a very big US following because someone like d howard may havejust taken some of the spotlight away from him ... ole jay cutler actin boy "trade me trade me, o naw i didnt wanna get traded and i didnt wanna get shaqtraded," GET REAL ...

have you ever been to a practice of an NBA team or NFL team for that matter? have you ever played sports yourself? well i have experience on both those frontsand let me tell you, very few superstars bust their *%$ in practice ... some people have gifts to play well with little effort and some have to work for it ...its like the smart kid in class studying to get 100 on a calc test when he could take it cold turkey and get a 97 ... why study? you, i and damn near everyoneelse wouldnt study ... youre acting like ai didnt bust his *%$ to get where he was when he made that "practice" comment ... go watch a randomthursday practice of any professional sports team and you will see superstar after superstar going through the motions ... a practice in between games in theNBA?!?! what type of soft *%$ butt hurt %!%! is that? NBA teams very rarely bust anything in a seasonal practice ...

and last but not least, the pistons are not winning whith him on the bench, thats why he wont sacrifice ... remedial i swear

Dead %++, I can't believe most of these ignoramus responses in this thread. "blah blah A.I.'s so selfish" yadda yadda yadda. Someone alreadypointed out that what Iverson feels underused in this system,a nd rightfully so. How in the hell do you throw a player of his caliber into a game for 18minutes? How in the hell do you expect Iverson to all of a sudden, become part of a cog in a machine as opposed to the driver or co-driver? Seriously, I lookat this season as a mere blip on dude's career. Dude is still capable of being part of a most potent 1-2 punch.

Denver would have been insane had they developed a different identity than their run and gun. I don't even want to see him in any more uni's. Please,go back to Philly and give it 2-3 seasons. After that, if no ring, call it a most brilliant career.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

GUNNA:
LilStarZ07:
Totally Agree.
+2
Shocking.
He put his "me first personality" aside for the entire three peat, he just got tired of Shaq not showing the same desire or put in the same effort as he did but this thread shouldn't be about other players, just Iverson

Just another reason why I've never been a fan of Iverson. I give him credit for being a great scorer but I was always turned off by his lack of desire to practice hard,his shoot first shoot second, shoot third pass last mentality. Not wanting to work out and actually hiding in the bathroom when the rest of his team were in the weight room, never dressing like an adult (not even on occasion), partying way too hard the night before games.

thank you for revealing your true colors ... he doesnt dress like an adult and parties too hard before games?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
as opposed to rapping white women in between games (fully expects the ai domestic violence rebuttal so ill nip it beforehand)

and let me just let you know why kobe "all of a sudden" got tired of shaq after three ships ... its because kobe would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be overshadowed literally and figuratively by the SHAQTUS ... imagine if shaq stayed in LA ... shaq is a reporters dream, always comin with the lulz and always saying things people dont wanna hear, nobody wants to interview kobe when they could interview SHAQ ... kobe couldnt deal with that ... kobe cant deal with being second tier, yet no one calls him out on it ... thank god pau gasol is a superstar without a very big US following because someone like d howard may have just taken some of the spotlight away from him ... ole jay cutler actin boy "trade me trade me, o naw i didnt wanna get traded and i didnt wanna get shaq traded," GET REAL ...

have you ever been to a practice of an NBA team or NFL team for that matter? have you ever played sports yourself? well i have experience on both those fronts and let me tell you, very few superstars bust their *%$ in practice ... some people have gifts to play well with little effort and some have to work for it ... its like the smart kid in class studying to get 100 on a calc test when he could take it cold turkey and get a 97 ... why study? you, i and damn near everyone else wouldnt study ... youre acting like ai didnt bust his *%$ to get where he was when he made that "practice" comment ... go watch a random thursday practice of any professional sports team and you will see superstar after superstar going through the motions ... a practice in between games in the NBA?!?! what type of soft *%$ butt hurt %!%! is that? NBA teams very rarely bust anything in a seasonal practice ...

and last but not least, the pistons are not winning whith him on the bench, thats why he wont sacrifice ... remedial i swear

and I'm showing my true colors
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

the clothing issue I brought up wasn't my main argument for not liking him, just one of many things. You're a 30+ year old millionaire, stop dressinglike my 15 year old brother when he's going to the mall.
If you want to equate Iverson to a calculus student, he's more like a kid with pretty good intelligence but needs to study to get good grades butdoesn't and gets a C instead of working hard and getting an A. Now maybe if he won a championship or had consistent deep playoff runs excluding 2001 thenmaybe your analogy would work.

The reason why Kobe, along with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan are my favorite players is because they worked hard. It was Scottie and Mike who createdtheir "Breakfast Club" where they would start their daily workouts at 6 am daily before even getting to practice then put in a full effort in whenpractice does start. Also its not just for themselves but to make your teammates better through practice, setting a good example. Those bulls team realizedthat if the best player in the world works hard constantly then they have to match that effort or there would be hell to pay.

Just look at the Celtics before KG got hurt when they started off on that unbelievable tear to open up the season then went on a downward spiral after losingto the Lakers on Christmas day. Their biggest complaint wasn't injuries, fatigue or anything else like that. It was that they didn't have a lot oftime between games to PRACTICE and build cohesion amongst the team.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

GUNNA:
LilStarZ07:
Totally Agree.
+2
Shocking.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
as opposed to rapping white women in between games (fully expects the ai domestic violence rebuttal so ill nip it beforehand)

and let me just let you know why kobe "all of a sudden" got tired of shaq after three ships ... its because kobe would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be overshadowed literally and figuratively by the SHAQTUS ... imagine if shaq stayed in LA ... shaq is a reporters dream, always comin with the lulz and always saying things people dont wanna hear, nobody wants to interview kobe when they could interview SHAQ ... kobe couldnt deal with that ... kobe cant deal with being second tier, yet no one calls him out on it ... thank god pau gasol is a superstar without a very big US following because someone like d howard may have just taken some of the spotlight away from him ... ole jay cutler actin boy "trade me trade me, o naw i didnt wanna get traded and i didnt wanna get shaq traded," GET REAL ...

have you ever been to a practice of an NBA team or NFL team for that matter? have you ever played sports yourself? well i have experience on both those fronts and let me tell you, very few superstars bust their *%$ in practice ... some people have gifts to play well with little effort and some have to work for it ... its like the smart kid in class studying to get 100 on a calc test when he could take it cold turkey and get a 97 ... why study? you, i and damn near everyone else wouldnt study ... youre acting like ai didnt bust his *%$ to get where he was when he made that "practice" comment ... go watch a random thursday practice of any professional sports team and you will see superstar after superstar going through the motions ... a practice in between games in the NBA?!?! what type of soft *%$ butt hurt %!%! is that? NBA teams very rarely bust anything in a seasonal practice ...

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

the clothing issue I brought up wasn't my main argument for not liking him, just one of many things. You're a 30+ year old millionaire, stop dressing like my 15 year old brother when he's going to the mall.
If you want to equate Iverson to a calculus student, he's more like a kid with pretty good intelligence but needs to study to get good grades but doesn't and gets a C instead of working hard and getting an A. Now maybe if he won a championship or had consistent deep playoff runs excluding 2001 then maybe your analogy would work.

The reason why Kobe, along with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan are my favorite players is because they worked hard. It was Scottie and Mike who created their "Breakfast Club" where they would start their daily workouts at 6 am daily before even getting to practice then put in a full effort in practice. Its not just for themselves but to make your teammates better.

Just look at the Celtics before KG got hurt when they started off on that unbelievable tear to open up the season then went on a downward spiral after losing to the Lakers on Christmas day. Their biggest complaint wasn't injuries, fatigue or anything else like that. It was that they didn't have a lot of time between games to PRACTICE and build cohesion amongst the team.

thats one thing i cant defend..ai should have practiced alot more than he did

but i hate it when ppl come at the way ppl dress..that has nothing to do with the convo at all..nowhere close..and i hate it because if u dont kno where thatperson came from you really cant judge them for that.espcially a way a person is dressed..why the hell are u concered about what another man is wearing to thatextint..unless he has some dynamite strapped to his fitted hat I could care less

its not that many games left in the season anyway..he's talking retirement..oh wow..like i stated earlier...in one of my common sense statements...its timefor him to hand him up..he is 5"10' and weights around what? 165 pounds? with the amount of injuries he has had over his career u can tell its takinga toll on him..hes not the same iverson

and like i think i said even earlier..what superstar doesnt have a shoot first mentallity? (katt williams) "dont worry I'll wait"

laugh.gif
@ people still being angry at him because of the way he dresses. Thats straight upfemale in the salon talk right there.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

the clothing issue I brought up wasn't my main argument for not liking him, just one of many things. You're a 30+ year old millionaire, stop dressing like my 15 year old brother when he's going to the mall.
If you want to equate Iverson to a calculus student, he's more like a kid with pretty good intelligence but needs to study to get good grades but doesn't and gets a C instead of working hard and getting an A. Now maybe if he won a championship or had consistent deep playoff runs excluding 2001 then maybe your analogy would work.

The reason why Kobe, along with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan are my favorite players is because they worked hard. It was Scottie and Mike who created their "Breakfast Club" where they would start their daily workouts at 6 am daily before even getting to practice then put in a full effort in when practice does start. Also its not just for themselves but to make your teammates better through practice, setting a good example. Those bulls team realized that if the best player in the world works hard constantly then they have to match that effort or there would be hell to pay.

Just look at the Celtics before KG got hurt when they started off on that unbelievable tear to open up the season then went on a downward spiral after losing to the Lakers on Christmas day. Their biggest complaint wasn't injuries, fatigue or anything else like that. It was that they didn't have a lot of time between games to PRACTICE and build cohesion amongst the team.
what colors am i showing????????????????????????????????? do you even know what the statement means? and if your 15 year old brother dresses likeai when he goes to the mall, you better be piggy backing off his %+! cuz the chain alone is worth 100 thou ...
laugh.gif

and ill be damned if you make less and less sense as you progress through your statements ... so youre telling me allen iverson for his career is an average (cstudent) basketball player? your rebuttal to my analogy lacks intellectual basis and can only be rivaled by brain damaged fire ants ... winning a championship(or a team math competition) has no direct correlation between how skilled an individual player is as far as their own abilities are concerned, but rather howwell the TEAM performs ... saying an A student isnt an A student because he hasnt won a math competition, yet has set the standard for mathematicians on hisown is simply ridiculous ...

and just for your information, practice is a good scapegoat for bad players/teams ... the cowboys liked to blame not having enough practice time with roywilliams as to why him and romo sucked ... fact is, they just suck ...

My thoughts: When ranked all-time AI is overrated plain and simple. I think we buy too much into him being 3rd in average.

Why is Kobe brought up in this thread? Since you want to bring Kobe up, all the things people were and still are critical of Kobe can all be pointed directlyat Allen Iverson.

That thread last week Zeke or AI? LOL that right there say back 5 years ago more people would have chosen AI.

Now folks jumped off the wagon. I never felt AI was as good as advertised and the hypocrisy of the Kobe hate is laughable because AI has proven in his careerto fit the bill of what people claim Kobe to be.

Kobe is selfish but he would rather do whatever to win and have everyone be willing to work and not take season vacations, than sit back and play 2nd fiddle tosomeone who doesn't care about winning as much all the time.

You gotta want to win all the time, not just win you are in the playoffs or finals.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

My thoughts: When ranked all-time AI is overrated plain and simple. I think we buy too much into him being 3rd in average.

Why is Kobe brought up in this thread? Since you want to bring Kobe up, all the things people were and still are critical of Kobe can all be pointed directly at Allen Iverson.

That thread last week Zeke or AI? LOL that right there say back 5 years ago more people would have chosen AI.

Now folks jumped off the wagon. I never felt AI was as good as advertised and the hypocrisy of the Kobe hate is laughable because AI has proven in his career to fit the bill of what people claim Kobe to be.

Kobe is selfish but he would rather do whatever to win and have everyone be willing to work and not take season vacations, than sit back and play 2nd fiddle to someone who doesn't care about winning as much all the time.

You gotta want to win all the time, not just win you are in the playoffs or finals.
overrated all time? dude is 5'11 on a good day ... the best small guard ever ... he cant dunk on the regular and still scores 27 a game

thank you for admitting that point about kobe and how we could say the same things about ai, cuz my exact point was that everything you say about ai could besaid about kobe ...

and god damn mother $@!#*$ if yall keep talking about kobe doing EVERYTHING he can to win ima barf on my monitor ... ive already addressed that #@@%$+*!statement in this thread so please scroll the +#%% up ...

Im glad AI aint putting up with it. I just wanna see Ivey give dudes 30 agian like its nothing

It's almost heartbreaking seeing how disrespectful some of you dudes are being towards AI.
tired.gif

LilStar has most of it covered.

So all I'll add is that I hope AI lands someplace where he will truly be appreciated.

Dude was so happy to come to Detroit.... Ready to give his all... And yet his teammates and his joke of a coach were the ones who let him down.

Y'all criticizing AI for lack of effort??? What about Sheed (the biggest underachiever there is)? Or Rip (the biggest crybaby there is)? Or SUCKey (whohasn't exactly worked his tail off to live up to this "next greatest" tag that so many of you were quick to give him)??

Detroit is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom