Iverson prepared to sign with Knicks

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Originally Posted by ninjahood

granted there will only be 2 guys on the roster next year, but I think they are just making a problem worse.
how can it be worse when its only one year?

I am willing to bet money that if there is 14 guys on the Knicks roster at least 10 do not want Iverson there. He sucks as a team mate unless its his way. Iverson isnt going to make them win that many more games, might as well have a better flowing offense and your roster somewhat happy then watch him dribble for 5 minutes and jack 25 shots a night
have you seen the knicks play offense this year?

There is absolutely no way AI doesn't improve the offense and he'd actually create for some of these guys, like gallo.

Anyone saying it doesnt make basketball sense hasn't watched the knicks this year.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by ninjahood

granted there will only be 2 guys on the roster next year, but I think they are just making a problem worse.
how can it be worse when its only one year?

I am willing to bet money that if there is 14 guys on the Knicks roster at least 10 do not want Iverson there. He sucks as a team mate unless its his way. Iverson isnt going to make them win that many more games, might as well have a better flowing offense and your roster somewhat happy then watch him dribble for 5 minutes and jack 25 shots a night
have you seen the knicks play offense this year?

There is absolutely no way AI doesn't improve the offense and he'd actually create for some of these guys, like gallo.

Anyone saying it doesnt make basketball sense hasn't watched the knicks this year.

On the scoreboard he definatly will make them better. Will that equal wins though is what remains to be seen. I have seen the knicks at least 4 or 5 times thisyear, and they are bad. But I am looking at it from the players perspective. There is a pretty good chance that the Knicks will be a lottery team this year.Allen Iverson is not going to make that team a 30, 40 or 50 win team. He won't sell any season tickets because I am sure there are quite a few unhappy fanswith him in Memphis. If I am a Knicks player, granted we suck right now. But how would you want a guy to come in, dominate the ball on EVERY possesion he ison the floor, jack a ton of shots and score 20 ppg while you watch him dribble? And you know this guy is only out for himself, not to make the team better. heis a proven quitter when he doesnt get his way. See Detroit( milked an alleged injury) and Memphis. Its amazing how his family/personal issues are magicallyresolved and he is ready to play again. He doesnt care if the Knicks win 10 games this year, he just wants to do what he does. If I am on the Knicks, thats nota guy I want on my team. Like I said, Hes not going to make them a 30 win team or 40 win team. All it means is the box score will look different but the finalscore will be the same

But how would you want a guy to come in, dominate the ball on EVERY possesion he is on the floor, jack a ton of shots and score 20 ppg while you watch him dribble?
well, nobody's punched Al harrington in the face yet

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Glen Rice
Mutombo
McDyess
Mugsy Bouges
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Don't forget Rolando Blackman, Derek Harper, Kiki Vandeweghe, Weatherspoon, Charles Smith, Buck Williams....

laugh.gif

I remember saying all of this like 2 or 3 years ago and the Knick fans nearly killed me.
laugh.gif

I was just stating the facts. The Knicks ALWAYS seem to kill careers and/or pick up washed up vets.

I feel AI will break the curse though.

I tried forgetting about those, but thanks for reminding me. Can we add Luc Longley to the list?

But at this rate, the Knicks will probably sign A'mare next year when they could have drafted him back in '02 and sign Brandon Jennings in 2023...
What about Sprewell?

Huh?

Spree came still somewhat still in his prime, made the all-star team a couple years and led them to the finals...

If anything he's in that grey area with Camby, Steph, Crawford, Zach Randolph & Nazr Mohamed.

Curry and Jerome are their own separate categories...

But how would you want a guy to come in, dominate the ball on EVERY possesion he is on the floor, jack a ton of shots and score 20 ppg while you watch him dribble?
well, nobody's punched Al harrington in the face yet

I am not sure Harrington dominates the ball as much as Iverson from a dribbling for his own shot standpoint. And while I don't know either personally, Ihave a feeling Harrington is a better person/teammate. All i am saying is that I think if the Knicks have any hopes of salvaging the season it doesnt makesense to put Iverson in that locker room

and discounting his year in detroit..

his last 2 years in Denver in an uptempo system, he wasn't chucking and even if you wana say he was, he was doing so pretty damn efficiently.

45% from the floor and 35% from 3 those 2 years.

He doesnt have to worry about being in a half court game all the time under D'Antoni. That's better for him, effectiveness and health.

Everyone who's been asked so far says that they want him...?

Including a former teammate.

his last 2 years in Denver in an uptempo system, he wasn't chucking and even if you wana say he was, he was doing so pretty damn efficiently.

He doesnt have to worry about being in a half court game all the time under D'Antoni. That's better for him, effectiveness and health.

I am not doubting the guy can still score. But he didnt make Denver any better of a team, just like he wont make the Knicks a better team, he will just put upnumbers. His days of being a #1 option on a team are over with the style he plays

Plus 7 assists per game!!

And fu ska.
laugh.gif

Exactly the only way to make Ai work is to put him with a big guy who can play point and let him do him.
That way you can have Iverson, and not have him be a liability on D
The only problem with Iverson in Denver is that Melo needed to grow up, Iverson treated him like a grown man who would handle his business and Melo nor JRSmith did what they were supposed to.
Is it Iversons fault that he didnt have to practice, could dump 15000 in a strip club and drop 35 that same night. Yea it aint the most professional thing todo but dozens of players do it and arent half as talented or productive as Iverson. Bottom line is any team without a legit second option could use him. (Hewould put in work in Miami) but NBA teams want their investiments to be drones. something Iverson aint never been.

I am not doubting the guy can still score. But he didnt make Denver any better of a team, just like he wont make the Knicks a better team, he will just put up numbers. His days of being a #1 option on a team are over with the style he plays
Denver didnt trust the development of Nene or Earl Smith. Thats the reason Iverson was brought in.

it's not like the knicks have an adequate piece where AI would come into play..

It'd be an improvement for the team by default....there is nobody on the team that can..

- Push the ball

- Get to the line

- Probe the defense and find shooters

- Simply go get a basket

And they're not gona improve, not even a little bit? They're 2-9.

My last post on this subject-I agree he doesnt deserve 12 pages

What would you say? Do you really think if they put the mic in David Lee or Nate Robinsons face they are gonna say " F him, I dont want him here, DonnyWalsh is an idiot"
It probably is a good fit but once again.....nobody else is banging down the door for his services.....Do you think Donny Walsh or Niketalk people know morethen the 29 other general managers,basketball oeprations staff, countless coaches, scouts, etc? Only memphis offered him a deal at the END of the summer, andsounds like no basketball operations people were invloved in that decision. So other then the owner of the Memphis Grizz, nobody else wanted this guy who is afirst ballot hall of famer. Now only the Knicks are offering him. Guess those other 29 teams just dont know what they are doing.

Do you think Donny Walsh or Niketalk people know more then the 29 other general managers,basketball oeprations staff, countless coaches, scouts, etc? Only memphis offered him a deal at the END of the summer, and sounds like no basketball operations people were invloved in that decision. So other then the owner of the Memphis Grizz, nobody else wanted this guy who is a first ballot hall of famer. Now only the Knicks are offering him. Guess those other 29 teams just dont know what they are doing
they along with everyone else know what the deal is with him, on and off the court, it's why they didn't pursue him in the summer...theydidn't want that potential risk or foolishness.

But now it has become a severe need. And if you can address those needs by offering a guy a year deal for the Vet minimum, you do it. if it works, great...ifit doesn't you part ways.

His talent is not unkown, those 30 teams know what he can do on the court, score the ball. We're not dealing with a rookie here or some uknownguy...He's a HOF.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

AI on the Knicks is a perfect fit.

Why is this thread 12 pages?
That's what I'm saying. It's like some people are trying to play virtual GM thinking Knicks fans are looking to Iverson to take themto the playoffs or something.

Please man, Knicks fans are smarter than that. We know basketball. We're just looking for a little something to give this otherwise bleak season a littlebit of life. We have two wins. TWO.

In no way can it get any worse. Knicks will sell some tickets, the fans will be a little less depressed and Iverson will get some playing time. Ain't noone's budding rookie career gonna get stifled by AI coming to NY either. Dudes will keep their role and continue to develop. D'antoni will have atleast one more option to run, what has been a mostly impotent offense so far. That's all we're really expecting. Any positive additional outcome wouldjut be a bonus.

everyone can say what they want, discredit me with everything, (yeah im talkin bout you mike
laugh.gif
) but once he brings this team that winning mentality, what ajoke i know, you heard it here first
smile.gif

My last post on this subject-I agree he doesnt deserve 12 pages

What would you say? Do you really think if they put the mic in David Lee or Nate Robinsons face they are gonna say " F him, I dont want him here, Donny Walsh is an idiot"
It probably is a good fit but once again.....nobody else is banging down the door for his services.....Do you think Donny Walsh or Niketalk people know more then the 29 other general managers,basketball oeprations staff, countless coaches, scouts, etc? Only memphis offered him a deal at the END of the summer, and sounds like no basketball operations people were invloved in that decision. So other then the owner of the Memphis Grizz, nobody else wanted this guy who is a first ballot hall of famer.
Now only the Knicks are offering him. Guess those other 29 teams just dont know what they are doing.
Dude those same 29 other teams are better than us, we're 2-9. Nets are worse than us, but they don't need him withAlston, Harris. We have Chris Duhon
tired.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

^nope. minny + nj have worse records then us.
at least i think.
Exactly and those two teams don't need him, Sessions/Flynn.. We have Duhon.
laugh.gif

God DAMN this thead is outta control.

My insights since the 9th page...

CP youre just a hater
Shuges and allen yall are both on point
and there are alot of ignorant people here on NT
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

and also i chuckled at this

If eddy actually produces 15 ppg and 9 and keeps losing weight, i'd be happy.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Its like some of yall took his year and a half break and forgot how bad he really is. I mean forget about him averaging 15 a game in a system where he doesntget the ball every possesion (and not to mention the fact he missed a year and a half) but COME ON Curry couldt average 5 rebounds a game when he was"good" 9??? *!$%#
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean dude isnt even getting minutes for us right now and we starting Lee at center, Curry isnt/has never been good. But at least he lost weight so ill berooting for him to prove hes somewhat valuable, but 15 and 9?? I suppose hell get 2+ bpg as well and limit his TOs to under 1 per game
laugh.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

034251deffa78ca71045fd0a2e01f4ff7ef8022.jpg

... please

Originally Posted by THE GR8

and also i chuckled at this

If eddy actually produces 15 ppg and 9 and keeps losing weight, i'd be happy.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Its like some of yall took his year and a half break and forgot how bad he really is. I mean forget about him averaging 15 a game in a system where he doesnt get the ball every possesion (and not to mention the fact he missed a year and a half) but COME ON Curry couldt average 5 rebounds a game when he was "good" 9??? *!$%#
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean dude isnt even getting minutes for us right now and we starting Lee at center, Curry isnt/has never been good. But at least he lost weight so ill be rooting for him to prove hes somewhat valuable, but 15 and 9?? I suppose hell get 2+ bpg as well and limit his TOs to under 1 per game
laugh.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

034251deffa78ca71045fd0a2e01f4ff7ef8022.jpg

... please

laugh.gif
I said IF he did i'd be happy I never said I ever expected him toachieve those numbers.

JUST 15 and 9 would make anyone of us happy with him at this point.
But like I said, I aint say he would hit those numbers or I think he has a chance of achieving those numbers.

Back
Top Bottom