Iverson prepared to sign with Knicks

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

ai will help the knicks make the playoffs ...

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ng72687

dominque wilkins came off the bench for the spurs and for the clippers for a brief while.
I checked the numbers and Nique never came off the bench for the Clips.

As for the Spurs, I honestly don't recall why he came off the bench for some games and started in others. But looking at the numbers, he went from 26 ppg(with the Hawks/Clips) to 18 ppg (w/Boston). Whether he was injured or whatever when he went to Bos, I really don't remember.

Shoot, I don't think many (if any) of us on NT remember the circumstances around Nique coming off the bench with the Celtics.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ng72687

dominque wilkins came off the bench for the spurs and for the clippers for a brief while.
I checked the numbers and Nique never came off the bench for the Clips.

As for the Spurs, I honestly don't recall why he came off the bench for some games and started in others. But looking at the numbers, he went from 26 ppg (with the Hawks/Clips) to 18 ppg (w/Boston). Whether he was injured or whatever when he went to Bos, I really don't remember.

Shoot, I don't think many (if any) of us on NT remember the circumstances around Nique coming off the bench with the Celtics.

Wasnt that when he tore his achilies?

Iverson needs to just shut up and play wherever he goes. I'm pretty sure he has something left in the tank and can put up 20 a game still. He just needs toswallow his pride for a few games and put up those numbers to shut everyone up.

He would be a good fit on the Knicks for the short term though.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^nope. minny + nj have worse records then us.
at least i think.
psst, i still think minny is slightly better than us at the moment
laugh.gif

and for the person who said Allen Iverson will help the knicks make the playoffs, you really do not watch knick games- do you?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Allen Iverson is not exactly GOD either but he is an upgrade in talent for us.

I was at the game wher my boy Nate hit the game winner over AI the day after Thanksgiving a couple years back.
pimp.gif

3920274557_aa2f8f60b5.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember that game when Nate hit that 3.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
@ Dolan having "reservations" about a move now all of a sudden.

I'm pretty sure Walsh can handle things Jamie.
smh.gif

As a Bulls fan...I can PROUDLY say that is a match made in heaven.

More "Cancer" than "Answer".

WE TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE...

[h1]Knicks Will Not Sign Iverson[/h1]

Nov 20, 2009 10:19 AM EST

The Knicks have decided not to sign Allen Iverson.

The team had been considering whether to add Iverson to the roster after starting the season 2-9. As of Thursday evening, a deal appeared imminent. One source put the percentage likelihood of the Knicks signing Iverson in the high 90's.

Knick owner James Dolan was reportedly hesitant about signing Iverson for the remainder of the season.

Via Twitter (Howard Beck, New York Times)

Welp.

The Knicks put a great deal of thought into bringing Allen Iverson to New York to help rejuvenate the 2-9 team, but a source this morning suggested the team -- after coming very close to going for it -- has decided not to go through with making a contract offer for the future Hall of Fame guard. As we reported in today's Newsday, the Knicks had a lot to consider in this move, which some viewed to appear desperate. There was also the concern about the potential for more unwanted controversy, which usually follows wherever Iverson goes.

Why the hell would Dolan be hesistant to sign Iverson but sign Isaiah Thomas, trade for Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry, and other scrubs?

indifferent.gif

*#%% DOLAN.

I swear I HATE that man as an owner.

I keep telling you guys, I can NEVER fully support the Knicks until he is gone.

I went thru all this for nothin?
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

GR8, I'm not a hater at all. Not even a little bit. Just because I believe something doesn't mean I hate them or any of that. I have ZERO reason tohate AI.

If anything, maybe I hate the way things get said, overlooked, handled or whatever. *shrugs*

If the Knicks don't sign him, we'll see if another team steps up. Or maybe he tones down what he wants and offers to come off the bench for acontender. Then we can do this all over again.
laugh.gif

After the initial news wore off.. I immediately thought of you CP, what a tease and waste of time this whole thing was
smh.gif

Dolan really needs to off himself. Good for nothing POS.

Dude knows absolutely nothing about basketball and always finds himself on the total opposite end of the right decision when it comes to the Knicksorganization. %@%% him! Hope he gets cancer

Originally Posted by Big J 33

After the initial news wore off.. I immediately thought of you CP, what a tease and waste of time this whole thing was
smh.gif

I didn't call Dolan, I swear.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Naw, it's not a waste of time, I'm here at work all day fussin about sports on the internet. Ain't no Knick fans out here in Oregon to talk too,so it's interesting as hell for me to mix it up with some dudes out there in NY and see what's what. Rather do this then sit here at my desk shufflinpapers all damn day.
pimp.gif

Any Knick fan on here that regularly attends games, please go down to his court side seat and choke slam that clown. I'll pay pal.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Dolan really needs to off himself. Good for nothing POS.

Dude knows absolutely nothing about basketball and always finds himself on the total opposite end of the right decision when it comes to the Knicks organization. %@%% him! Hope he gets cancer

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Lions = Knicks?... I don't see how this deal doesn't happen. It made perfect sense for this year.

Back
Top Bottom