[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

^^Yea you have a good point there. One thing, I think a lot of the rappers brought that on themselves anyway, cause rap is
a lot of braggadocio, and sales is something that can be claimed, for better or worse.

I just had to add these
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Picture-42-620x308.png

Picture-63.png

Picture-93.png

Picture-123.png

laugh.gif
  at those pics...dude been doing that for a min...i remember folks was sayin he be trollin
Spoiler [+]
000-7585-0000.jpg

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^Yea you have a good point there. One thing, I think a lot of the rappers brought that on themselves anyway, cause rap is
a lot of braggadocio, and sales is something that can be claimed, for better or worse.
Yeah fair point too man regarding the braggadocio!
laugh.gif
@ the pics.

So pissed about the tour dates. The night he is in town, Stevie Wonder will be performing at ACL at the same time. Who wants to leave ACL to go see J. Cole at a run down spot and miss Stevie Wonder?? His people have got to get smarter ...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If Jay-Z said it's a classic then...... It gon' be an excellent album at the very least.

Not very likely that Jay would say it sucks... but regardless I can't wait!
pimp.gif

I haven't seen one normal picture of cole that wasn't a photoshoot pic
laugh.gif
and them faces he made in the Work Out video were 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
lookin like scooby doo

Will be at Cleveland show......Oct 4th

Can somebody tell me what the presale password is, don't see it on the site?

As much as I wanna buy my tickets right now, I'm gonna wait til next pay check. I know they will still be around, last time he was in Michigan there were only like 200 people max there to see him
roll.gif

When do tickets go on sale for his tour?

I'm trying to cop some tickets to the show at the Nokia Theatre September 22nd

Cole had an album listening in NY last night and there are reviews floating around on the net...
here is one http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/reviewsmusic/archive/2011/08/18/22866535.aspx

really disappointed with "in the morning" being on the album...cant believe they gon do that to him...such industry bs if u ask me

"Lights please" being on the album is another thing I have a problem with but I understand it, but the album being only 13 tracks and only 1 No ID cut...i dunno man

Man smh at In The Morning being on the album... thats BS 
So now were looking at a 15 track album and I heard 3/15 not even due to leaks.. 

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Man smh at In The Morning being on the album... thats BS 
So now were looking at a 15 track album and I heard 3/15 not even due to leaks.. 

30t6p3b.gif
I don't care, he needs to still make deeper than the intro, the intro to the album.....what an amazing way to start an album....make it 16 tracks who cares.....unless he got something better

^^really seeing that shhh makes me wonder if I should lower my expectations for the album... that and the next review I read from hiphopdx article saying "What hasn't yet been heard on J. Cole's debut is a healthy balance of pensive and energetic tracks, where Cole's talent - both lyrically and musically - sits at the forefront."...which is the only bad thing they said but still...

he still doesnt have the Jay verse which doesnt really phase me that much, but it makes me question the quality of the song. Ive heard Jay say he would do a record long as he felt it....so I dont know if its a timing thing or what. 

most the reviews I read did give the album props tho...I just would have rather heard everything was fresh and "lights please" n "in the morning" were bonus tracks...i dont see how u crafted a "classic" using those songs...even though they are good songs, but u still have "Workout" which got a mixed reaction sooo...i dunno man seem like the rest of the album gotta be damn near perfect

Aug 18 2011 9:48 AM EDT 1,260
[h1]J. Cole Debuts Sideline Story In New York[/h1][h2]'Jay-Z doesn't owe me a verse because I signed to him,' Cole tells a room of writers after playing his debut album for them.[/h2]
By Rob Markman

Text Size Decrease Increase

J. Cole has had his whole life to make his first album, and for Cole World: The Sideline Story, the Roc Nation rookie draws on a combination of his past failures and victories to tell his tale.

A select number of writers were invited to Roc the Mic studios in Manhattan on Wednesday night to hear the North Carolina MC's debut, which is due out September 27. Though the album is almost complete, the guests were asked not to report any song titles or lyrics because they are still subject to change.

In many ways, Cole feels like an underdog, and on Cole World, he raps as if he may never get another shot. In a wrap-up speech delivered to his guests, he even compared himself to the character Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger from the 1993 film "Rudy." In the movie, Rudy dreamed of playing football at the University of Notre Dame but faced immeasurable odds due to his small frame and lack of natural ability. It isn't until the waning moments of the final game that Rudy is allowed to suit up and achieve his dream.

Familiar previously released songs like "Work Out," the Drake-assisted "In the Morning" and "Lights Please" anchor the album, which revolves around heartbreak, triumph and good old-fashioned storytelling.

On one gut-wrenching track, which Cole produced himself, the rapper strikes a chord when trying to convince his pregnant girlfriend to abort their child. In the song's second verse, he switches roles and rhymes as if he is a pregnant woman — singing in a higher pitch for effect. J revealed to the room that this song in particular had been completed even before he signed with Jigga in 2009. In fact, four of the album's songs were holdovers from his early days.

Cole produced most of the LP himself, though Danjahandz and NO I.D. both contributed.

Although Drake appears on "In the Morning" and Trey Songz sings the hook on the album's next single "Can't Get Enough," the record is light on featured guests. But what about Hov? One of the big questions surrounding the album has been whether Cole secured a featured verse from Jay-Z. The answer is no — well at least not yet. As of now, the rapper has until August 20 to turn his album in, so there is still hope for a last-minute collaboration from the God MC.

If Jay does decide to lend his bars to Cole World, the rapper already has a track set aside — he's actually left the third verse open just in case. If not, Cole doesn't feel slighted but motivated. "Nobody owes me anything," he told the crowd. "Jay-Z doesn't owe me a verse because I signed to him."

No, Jay has given J. Cole something much greater: a chance to make his dreams a reality when the album is released on September 27. The guest verse is merely a bonus. 

I am glad to read these good reviews but I too am disappointed that Lights Please and In The Mornings are on the album. More disappointment for ITM....I can dig the personal reasons for wanting LP on the album as it was the song that got him signed and I am sure it will fit nicely. However, ITM is just as someone said earlier some industry BS with the hope to sell more records for his album. I am sure if Cole wanted to put this out exactly the way he wanted to neither of those songs would be on the album or if anything they would as bonus tracks which is where they belong.

Back
Top Bottom